1. Letter to unknown newspaper by Willoughby John Bean referring to Church and Strood trust. Part of the letter:
In the early part of the last century, ...
Date: After 1900
Image ID CDY_201
2. An Auctioneer's Failure. Examination of Mr J.R. Gardner.
Colchester Bankruptcy Court. John Henry Gardner of West Mersea, auctioneer and company ...
Image ID CW5_GDN_001
3. Death of Mr Willoughby John Bean. Historian of Mersea Island.
It is with regret we have to record the death of Mr Willoughby John Bean, of Zeitoun, Seaview ...
Date: 5 November 1938
Image ID DM1_AB2_048_001
4. Orleans - the residence of Mr Willoughby Bean. Photo by B. Charles.
Fair Haven Temperance Resort brochure. Page 5.
Image ID FAV_007_001
5. History of the Bean Family - leather cover
Accession No. P1077E
Image ID FBN_001
6. History of the Bean Family
Sir Walter Ogilvie married Lady Mary Douglas a daughter of the Earl of Morton
Their daughter Mary< ...
Image ID FBN_003
7. History of the Bean Family
Simon Fraser, Lord Lovat, who perished on the scaffold for treason 9 Apr 1747, married Margaret, fourth daughter of Sir ...
Image ID FBN_004
8. History of the Bean Family. Page 1.
It is probable that the name of Bean was deduced from the feudal MacBean, once a small clan, the origin perhaps of ...
Image ID FBN_005
9. History of the Bean Family opposite Page 2, contd from opposite page 1.
For three years he was a prisoner of state, and he seems to have principally ...
Image ID FBN_006
10. History of the Bean Family Page 2.
John Bean had a large farm in the parish of Dishpen, and a fine place and property in the neighbourhood of ...
Image ID FBN_007
11. History of the Bean Family opposite page 3, continued from opposite page 2.
crying, "You old rascal, I begin to think you will be hanged at last!". ...
Image ID FBN_008
12. History of the Bean Family page 3
The old Dowager Countess of Seafield died in Oct 1911 and had been widowed since 1881. She was for many years a ...
Image ID FBN_009
13. History of the Bean Family opposite Page 4.
22 July 1957 Oil millionaires sudden death. Mr Armor Archbold, the American oil millionaire, died in Oban. ...
Image ID FBN_010
14. History of the Bean Family Page 4.
[ 1911 - funeral of Countess of Seafield ]
company of pipers, the procession, a mile long, moved thro' the ...
Image ID FBN_011
15. History of the Bean Family opposite Page 5.
March 1923 Empire Unity - Lord Strathspey's Warning.
March 1923 He Hon. Barbara Ogilvie-Grant, ...
Image ID FBN_012
16. History of the Bean Family Page 5.
[ Continued from Page 4 James Ogilvie Grant ]
likely to benefit his tenantry and gained a reputation for ...
Image ID FBN_013
17. History of the Bean Family Page 6.
John and Janet Bean had a son named John, who was brought up to the Church of England but never took order ...
Image ID FBN_015
18. History of the Bean Family
Jane Roberts died about 1849
Sophia Strong died about 1846
Clement Strong died in 1898 (he was the father of Agnes ...
Image ID FBN_016
19. History of the Bean Family Page 7.
[ James Bean contd. ]
Jane married 2 Dec 1798 to Rev. Alfred Wm. Roberts, Rector of Little Burstead, Essex, and ...
Image ID FBN_017
20. History of the Bean Family opposite Page 8.
Death of Sir Guy Fleetwood-Wilson. Distinguished public servant.
Date: 28 December 1940
Image ID FBN_018
21. History of the Bean Family Page 8.
[ Children of John and Barbara Bean contd ]
4th John, died young
5th David, died in ...
Image ID FBN_019
22. History of the Bean Family
Lieut General Alexander Watson, who married Emily Bean, was Commandant of the 6th Battn. Royal Artillery and died at Brighton ...
Image ID FBN_020
23. History of the Bean Family Page 9.
[ Children of Alexander and Anne Bean contd ]
4. Willoughby born 19 June 1772, died at 8, Sydney Place Ba ...
Image ID FBN_021
24. History of the Bean Family
Antecedents of Mrs Alexander Bean née Anne Dickenson
It is supposed that the family of Grosier came over from ...
Image ID FBN_022
25. History of the Bean Family Page 10.
Samuel Dickenson, who died in London 1823 and left two sons and five daughters, of whom Mrs Treslove was the eldest. ...
Image ID FBN_023
26. History of the Bean Family Page 11.
The Burton Family
Harriet (see page 8) second daughter of Alexander Bean and Anne Dickenson his wife, was born ...
Image ID FBN_025
27. History of the Bean Family Page 12.
[ Alfred Burton contd. ]
Battles of Copenhagen and Trafalgar under Lord Nelson: and subsequently in the Royal ...
Image ID FBN_027
28. History of the Bean Family Page 13.
[ Burton family contd. ]
acted as adjutant to the Royal Marines, banded for the protection of the British ...
Image ID FBN_029
29. History of the Bean Family Page 14.
[ Burton family contd. ]
She is a widow and has one married daughter. The youngest daughter Elizabeth Laura ...
Image ID FBN_031
30. History of the Bean Family 15.
[ Burton family contd. ]
8th and 9th Twins Edwin John and Harriet Emma, born 19 Nov 1802. The boy died of fever 15 ...
Image ID FBN_033