121. Peter Farthing, Dorothy Sims and WAAF friend, at Dorothy and Peter's wedding in North Walsham.
Date: 15 May 1941
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_064
122. During the war, serving personnel had to fit marriages around leave and marry when and where they could, so Peter Farthing of Mersea, serving in the Army, ...
Date: 15 May 1941
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_065
123. Joyce Green and Victor French, who married at the Methodist Chapel in Mill Road in 1950. Victor was the son of Stanley French whose marriage is shown in ...
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_066
124. Group photograph was taken at the back of 6 Firs Chase, home of the Brown family, after Elsie Maud Brown married Charles Bertram Ponder of Little Wigborough on ...
Date: 21 April 1921
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_067
125. Leonard Arthur Mills and Blanche Mole. They married 6 November 1935 at West Mersea Parish Church, and were the parents of shipwright David Mills and Jennifer ...
Date: 6 November 1935
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_068
126. 2010 Exhibition - Medical display.
Date: 13 June 2010
Image ID DIS2010_MED_001
127. Fred I. Wass. Hairdresser and Tobacconist.
Frederick Inward Wass was born in 1912. He started work on a Saturday as a lather boy for Bobby Keyes when he ...
Image ID DIS2010_WASS_003
128. Vicki Packard and Joanne Godfrey
Date: 30 April 2011
Image ID DIS2011_001
129. BUZZING BEE formerly KALI or KHALI. West Mersea One Design Class.
10ft lug rigged sailing dinghy, designed by Herbert Reiach in 1928. Built in 1930 by ...
Date: 3 December 2011
Image ID DIS2011_BEE_001
130. Clifford White & Co West Mersea. Manhole cover. On display in Mersea Museum, Benham Wing
Date: 23 August 2018
Image ID DIS2011_CMW_013
131. Ted Mussett sits outside Woodbine Cottage in Mersea
High Street c1935 watched by two boys from London.
He wears leather seaboots and hat with his ...
Image ID DIS2011_OYS_001
132. A modern oyster dredger.
Image ID DIS2011_OYS_052
133. Oysters shells in display at Museum.
L-R, top to bottom:
1. Native Spat (on oyster shell), 2. Native Brood
3. about 1 year old Native, 4. about 2 ...
Image ID DIS2011_OYS_101
134. Resource Centre research. Ron Green, Joanne Godfrey, Jennifer Lee and Sadie Densham.
Date: 18 May 2011
Image ID DIS2011_RSC_001
135. West Mersea School Beatty in 1928.
1. John Dixon 2. Ron Vince 3. Johnny Chatters 4. Willie Chapman 5. Bo Saye 6. Chris Humm 7. Frank Russell 8. Unknown 9. ...
Image ID DIS2011_SCH_PIC03
136. West Mersea Parish Church of St. Peter and St. Paul.
Display from Mersea Museum 2011 Exhibition.
The Clock Face was on the south face of the ...
Date: May 2011
Image ID DIS2011_SPP_001
137. 'Finds' exhibition in the Resource Centre. Vicki Packard on the left.
Date: 28 July 2012
Image ID DIS2012_EXH_001
138. Sharing one of Pat's jokes. The 2012 Attendants Meeting - Kathy Haines, Pat Kirby and Vicki Packard.
Date: 28 April 2012
Image ID DIS2012_EXH_003
139. Summer exhibition - farming display in the Benham Wing.
Date: 3 May 2012
Image ID DIS2012_FARM_001
140. 2012 Summer Exhibition. Samuel Hazzledine Warren, the Barrow tomb contents, Ave - Hail and Welcome.
Date: 30 April 2012
Image ID DIS2012_MUS_001
141. 2012 Summer Exhibition. Samuel Hazzledine Warren. Display cabinet with contents of the tomb from Mersea Barrow - the glass urn containing cremated bones, and ...
Date: 30 August 2012
Image ID DIS2012_MUS_005
142. Burnt Hill
This prominent mound or "Red Hill" lies on the edge of the salt marsh on the Mersea side of the Pyefleet channel, just over half a mile east ...
Image ID DIS2012_RDH_001
143. Burnt Hill.
A view of the mound or "Red Hill" from the edge of the marsh.
From 2012 Red Hills display
Image ID DIS2012_RDH_003
144. Burnt Hill. Red hill briquetage show in the face of the cant.
From 2012 Red Hills display
Image ID DIS2012_RDH_005
145. Mersea Museum 2013 Summer Exhibition
Date: 29 April 2013
Image ID DIS2013_ARCH910
146. 1953 Coronation - Fountain Hall.
2. Mrs Fenn, 3. Shirley Fenn, 6. Joan Cornelius, 14. Brian Dixon, 15. Mrs Dixon.
Photograph used in Museum 2013 ...
Date: 29 September 2013
Image ID DIS2013_COR_142
147. 1953 Coronation. The Mersea Sea Cadets lead the Coronation Procession through the Fisherman / Farmer's Arch across High Street.
1. David Garrard, 2.., 3. ...
Date: 2 June 1953
Image ID DIS2013_COR_206
148. Miss Ena French. Born about 1907 and daughter of John and Ann. Ena French ran a sweet shop in the High Street with her sister Marjorie.
Ena French was one ...
Image ID DIS2013_ENA_001
149. Edwin Meayers working on the painting of SEAHORSE for the Mersea Museum 2013 Summer Exhibition.
Date: 22 April 2013
Image ID DIS2013_MEY_001
150. Mersea Museum 2014 Summer Exhibition.
Date: 1 May 2014
Image ID DIS2014_MUS_007