121. Spanish tug ready to tow the PROTOKLITOS away from lay-up in the Blackwater for scrapping at Bilbao.
Date: cJune 1983
Image ID IA000820
122. MARGAY, believed to be in the River Blackwater.
Image ID IA000890
123. Shell tanker TENAGODUS laid up, believed to be in the River Blackwater.
Image ID IA000910
124. Tanker EVANGELISTRIA off Stone in the River Blackwater. She was laid up in the river 12 May 1958 to 28 September 1959 when she left in tow for Hamburg to be ...
Image ID IA002140
125. MALDEN HILL laid up, possibly in the River Blackwater
Image ID IA002360
126. ROCHESTER CASTLE arriving Malta in August 1942. She was one of only five merchant ships to get through in Operation Pedestal to relieve Malta.
Date: August 1942
Image ID IA002390
127. Eagle Oil tanker SAN VELINO, believed to be laid up in the River Blackwater. Print from Fotoship, Penarth.
The prominent goalpost masts are from the ...
Image ID IA002400
128. Part of a postcard. The vessel on the right is believed to be the VOLTAIRE, which was in the River Blackwater 15 October 1930 to 7 May 1932.
Image ID IA002600
129. ROCHESTER CASTLE in the River Blackwater. She was laid up in the River at least 7 times in the 1960s.
Image ID IA002610
130. MARIA DE LARRINAGA in the River Blackwater. The ship on the left is the OKEANIS.
Image ID IA002690
131. Shell tanker GLESSULA, probably in the River Blackwater.
Image ID IA003110
132. View from beach, West Mersea. Shipping is laid up in the Blackwater after WW2. The vessel on th right is the former Blue Funnel vessel PHILOCTETES, which had ...
Image ID IA003420
133. Tanker BEDFORD laid up in the River Blackwater.
Date: cJuly 1960
Image ID IA003650
134. IMPERIAL PRINCE laid up in the River Blackwater. Tollesbury Pier in the background. She had previously been laid up in the River in 1926 as LONDON MARINER>
Image ID IA003760
135. The Liberty Ship SAMLONG in the River Blackwater, taken from Mell Creek, Tollesbury. Part of a postcard - see ...
Image ID IA003870
136. Shell tanker HYALINA laid up in the River Blackwater. The goliath crane at Bradwell Power Station is behind her stern.
HYALINA was in the river 20 Jan 1958 to ...
Image ID IA003880_001
137. Motor Barge GOTHIC, owned by E.J. & W. Goldsmith. Built as sailing barge 1904 and converted to motor barge 1933. Lost when she capsized off Dover in December ...
Image ID IA003991
138. PORT CURTIS laid up, believed to be in the River Blackwater. Built 1920, Official No. 144533. In a seasonal trade, she was laid up 5 times between February 1931 ...
Date: cAugust 1931
Image ID IA004621
139. IMPERIAL PRINCE, thought to be whilst laid up in the River Blackwater in the early 1930s. Official No. 146553. She had previously been laid up in the River in ...
Image ID IA004631
140. Blue Star Line GAELIC STAR Official No. 140302 in the River Blackwater.
Tony Atkinson gives her history from arrival in River ...
Date: 25 June 1949
Image ID IA004661
141. TARGET. Designed ad built by The Rowhedge Ironworks Co. Ltd., Shipbuilders and Engineers. Colchester.
Ship No. 526. 1936.
Builder's name plate from ...
Image ID IA01_021
142. Gas turbine powered Shell tanker AURIS at sea - date unknown.
Notes from the back of the photograph:
AURIS Shell Tankers 8,221/1948 12 kts appearance ...
Image ID IA01_211
143. Tanker SUHAIL laid up in River Blackwater. She was in the river 28 June 1960 to 17 December 1963 with a visit to London for dry docking 4-9 November 1962.
Date: 16 September 1962
Image ID IA01_471
144. Dutch coasters BARRACUDA and ALBERT D at the Moler Works at Colchester Hythe. The works manufactured fire bricks and a number of Dutch coasters were regular ...
Image ID IA01_861
145. CAPTAIN JOHN laid up in River Blackwater
Date: 8 May 1984
Image ID IA01_863
146. CANONESA off Tollesbury. She arrived from London to lay up 29 June 1934.
Date: After 29 June 1934
Image ID IA01_SHP_007
147. S.S. VASARI at New York. Lamport & Holt Line between New York, Brazil and River Plate.
VASARI was laid up in the River Blackwater 7 Feb 1928 to 12 March ...
Image ID IA01_SHP_011
148. Fish factory ship ARCTIC QUEEN owned by Hellyer Bros. of Hull. She was formerly Lamport & Holt VASARI. Later sold to Russia, she was not broken up until ...
Image ID IA01_SHP_013
149. CAPTAIN JOHN 9,163 g.t. built 1960 in Japan.
Owner: Astro Carisma Armadora S.A., Panama.
ex: Captain George, Igaharu Maru-74.
Seen laid up in the River ...
Date: 9 September 1984
Image ID IA01_SHP_430
150. RED COMMODORE at Clacton Pier. A screen shot from "Five Minutes by the sea at Clacton" film from 1950, available online at ...
Image ID IA03_061