121. Dennis Robert Chaplin born 17 April 1922
Boy Service in Suffolk Regiment Band aged 15 years 1937
To Plymouth, saied to India, landed Bobay 1937, ...
Image ID SD05_001_027
Added 2020-09-25 09:44:57
122. Dennis Chaplin 14 years. He was born 17 April 1922.
St Johns House - Called "House Boys". Bloomfield Street.
Freedom of City. Playing trombone at ...
Image ID SD05_001_025
Added 2020-09-25 06:53:54
123. Susan [Bessie] and Repton [Dixon]
Image ID SD05_001_023
Added 2020-09-25 06:51:36
124. 90th Birthday Party - Barbara Devonish
Date: 27 July 2019
Image ID PAT_2019_001
Added 2020-09-24 20:12:29
125. Rectory Cottages, Great Wigborough. Agnes Clarke in the photo ? Probably posted 1932, addressed to Mrs A.W. Clark, Blackheath, Colchester.
Image ID GWG_RCT_001
Added 2020-09-24 05:46:41
126. Layer de la Haye Mill
Image ID LDH_MLL_001
Added 2020-09-23 08:41:24
127. Layer de la Haye - World War 1 survivors
Top Row: L-R Stan Curtis, Sidney Porter, A Green, Fred Curtis, Robert Demmant
Front Row: L-R
Wilfred Allen, ...
Image ID LDH_WW1_005
Added 2020-09-23 08:24:12
128. Dedication of War Cross at Layer de la Haye
See linkres,id=LDH_WW1_001; for transcription.
Date: 28 October 1917
Image ID LDH_WW1_003
Added 2020-09-23 08:17:16
129. Part of 6 inch OS 1881 map sheet XLVI, surveyed 1874, showing Great Wigbrough School Lane, the church, the school, Maldon Road, Drakes Corner and Peldon ...
Image ID OS1881_WIG_003
Added 2020-09-22 19:08:23
130. Three generations of French family. Edward John French born 1867, Oswald Albert French born 1892, and Gordon Oswald French born 1924.
Image ID FRC_003_003
Added 2020-09-22 13:39:11
131. Gordon Oswald French born 1924, with his mother Lucy Maud née Gulson.
Image ID FRC_003_001
Added 2020-09-22 13:36:36
132. Home Guard at Wings for Victory Parade
Oswald French is thought to be in the Front Rank on the left.
Date: 23 May 1943
Image ID FRC_002_011
Added 2020-09-22 13:33:39
133. Marriage of Oswald Albert French and Lucy Maud Gulson.
Image ID FRC_002_009
Added 2020-09-22 13:31:52
134. Oswald Albert French outside his Boot and Shoe Shop in Kingsland Road, West Mersea.
Image ID FRC_002_007
Added 2020-09-22 13:30:15
135. Oswald Albert French born 1892. Before WW1 Oswald left Mersea for Canada 'to make his fortune'. At the outbreak of WW1 he enlisted in the Canadian Expeditionary ...
Image ID FRC_002_005
Added 2020-09-22 13:28:33
136. Oswald Albert French born 1892, only child of Edward and Selina French.
Before WW1 Oswald left Mersea for Canada 'to make his fortune', and
Image ID FRC_002_003
Added 2020-09-22 13:27:25
137. Oswald Albert French born 1892, only child of Edward and Selina French. Photograph taken in Canada before WW1.
Image ID FRC_002_001
Added 2020-09-22 13:24:26
138. Edward John French 1867 - 1951.
Image ID FRC_001_009
Added 2020-09-22 13:20:14
139. Edward John French born 1867.
Image ID FRC_001_005
Added 2020-09-22 13:15:36
140. Selena Mary French née Corder, born 1871.
Image ID FRC_001_003
Added 2020-09-22 13:14:32
141. Selena Mary French née Corder, born 1871. she married Edward John French.
Image ID FRC_001_001
Added 2020-09-22 13:09:44
142. Smack 349CK SYBIL on the Hard at West Mersea. Photo 105192.
Built Aldous, Brightlingsea, 1901 for Charles Chatters. 27 June 1932 sold to Edwin Chatters, ...
Image ID CHS_SYB_005
Added 2020-09-17 13:21:57
143. Smack 349CK SYBIL
Built Aldous, Brightlingsea, 1901 for Charles Chatters. 27 June 1932 sold to Edwin Chatters, John Chatters & Percy Arthur Chatters ...
Image ID CHS_SYB_003
Added 2020-09-17 13:18:38
144. Smack SYBIL 349CK [ CK349 ].
Built Aldous, Brightlingsea, 1901 for Charles Chatters. 27 June 1932 sold to Edwin Chatters, John Chatters & Percy Arthur ...
Image ID CHS_SYB_001
Added 2020-09-17 13:14:26
145. Thorrington Village Hall and bowling green between the war.
Image ID TBM_TTN_007
Added 2020-09-13 16:03:30
146. Reverend Sam Norton. Rector of East Mersea, West Mersea, Peldon, Great and Little Wigborough, 2003 - 2018. After leaving Mersea, he became Vicar of Partend and ...
Image ID WMC_REC_001
Added 2020-09-13 10:52:52
147. Fish factory ship ARCTIC QUEEN owned by Hellyer Bros. of Hull. She was formerly Lamport & Holt VASARI. Later sold to Russia, she was not broken up until ...
Image ID IA01_SHP_013
Added 2020-09-13 10:27:49
148. S.S. VASARI at New York. Lamport & Holt Line between New York, Brazil and River Plate.
VASARI was laid up in the River Blackwater 7 Feb 1928 to 12 March ...
Image ID IA01_SHP_011
Added 2020-09-13 10:16:27
149. Thomas John Ward at the wheel of a barge in the 1940s. Tom was born in Latchingdon 1876 and then lived Stanford-le-Hope. He was a Licensed Lighterman on the ...
Image ID RMW_003
Added 2020-09-11 16:45:27
150. Brick barge Mortlake on the Thames. Tom Ward extreme left. The Ward family have an embroidery of the Eastwoods barge KAPPA and Tom was skipper of the KAPPA, but ...
Image ID RMW_001
Added 2020-09-11 16:41:16