151. Postcard titled The Promenade, East Beach, West Mersea. In fact, it is the end of Coast Road at the Old City at the west end of the island. Car AEV349. Bill ...
Date: Before August 1939
Image ID MMC_P762_R
152. Jack Emeny at Wyatt's
Image ID MNY_OPA_001
153. Watercolour by Leslie French of West Mersea. The view shows the Old Victory and The Lane.
Used in "The Memories of a Mersea Oysterman" by Leslie French, ...
Image ID MPUB_LFR_002_001
154. "Near the old Victory". The Old Victory and Cornerways - bottom of The Lane in the Old City, West Mersea.
Image ID MST_MIS_105
155. View from Jim and Lil Clarke's roof, of Gowens and the Old City with the Ray on the horizon and smack PIONEER off the Nothe.
Image ID MST_MIS_241
156. Geoffrey Hewes and Daphne Hewes (cousins), pictured in the Lane, West Mersea.
Image ID MST_OPA_151
157. Clarke & Carter boatyard at West Mersea. The big shed was built in the 1930s.
Image ID MSY_001
158. Coast Road 1949 Clarke & Carter's slipway.
Image ID MW1_OPA_013
159. Clarke & Carter slipway c1949. CHARM 2, WINDSTORM, THALASSA
Image ID MW1_OPA_025
160. Clarke & Carter's slipway. L-r WINDSTORM, AIMEE LEONE, CORINNA, CHARM III and SEONEE. Foreground ONE AND ALL, JOLINE.
Date: March 1951
Image ID MW1_OPA_027
161. Clarke & Carter slipway.
Image ID MW1_OPA_029
162. Barge on Mersea Hard.
Image ID MW1_OPA_065
163. "African Queen" - lifeboat from SUEVIC, and SCEPTRE at the Causeway, West Mersea
Date: cAugust 1969
Image ID NOL_010
164. Lifeboat from SUEVIC and the SCEPTRE at the Causeway, West Mersea
Date: cAugust 1969
Image ID NOL_012
165. "African Queen" at the Causeway, West Mersea --- the motor lifeboat from S.S. SUEVIC.
Date: August 1969
Image ID NOL_013
166. Postcard of the "Old City West Mersea", posted 6 September 1969.
Date: Before 6 September 1969
Image ID NOL_015
167. Dabchicks Sailing Club - first clubhouse, opened in 1955 and replaced 1961-63.
Date: Before 1963
Image ID PA1_DAB_DAB2
168. Opening of new clubhouse by Winnie Michael-Smith in 1955. L-R 'Bunny' Unwin (sailing sec) Bill Wyatt & Bruce Rainbird (Com)
Image ID PA1_DAB_DAB3
169. B class Atlantic 75 lifeboat, B-761 DIGNITY arrives. DIGNITY is named after Dignity Caring Funeral Services, whose employees raised the funds for the ...
Image ID PA1_RNLI_SS1_MILB29
170. West Mersea new lifeboat station
Date: 17 September 2005
Image ID PA1_RNLI_SS1_MILB33
171. West Mersea Lifeboat - Launching tractor. Causeway and hammerhead in the background.
Image ID PA1_RNLI_SS1_MILB34
172. RIIS I on Clarke and Carter's slipway, West Mersea.
Date: 5 November 2003
Image ID PAT_DSCN0060
173. The Hard, West Mersea. Postcard by F.W. Pawsey, Ipswich, mailed 30 August 1962
Date: Before August 1962
Image ID PG2_039
174. The Old City, West Mersea. Postcard mailed 29 June 1954.
Date: Before June 1954
Image ID PG2_057
175. Wyatt's Shed on the left. The lane in the centre is now Carriers Close. The cottage on the left of the lane is Waterside, Smuggler's Way and Cudmore Cottage. ...
Image ID PG2_153
176. Old City, West Mersea. Postcard No.18
L-R from centre old Victory, Cornerways, John Hewes Cottage and Alice Hewes Cottage. The wooden shed to the right was ...
Date: Before 1915
Image ID PG2_215
177. Watching the boats at Mersea Beach. In fact, it is not the beach, but the Green on Coast Road at the Hard.
Date: Before September 1913
Image ID PG2_251
178. Victory Hard, West Mersea. Pre-war picture the barge ZEBRINA having an engine fitted by Mr Stone of Brightlingsea - information from Harry Booth via Ron Green.
Image ID PG2_357
179. The Hard, West Mersea. Coast Road. Landing craft on the left. Beached in the centre MARY JANE ex THUNDERER, owned by Fred Berry.
Postcard by Moore & ...
Image ID PG2_443
180. The Causeway
Image ID PHS_OPA_003