151. Opening of new clubhouse by Winnie Michael-Smith in 1955. L-R 'Bunny' Unwin (sailing sec) Bill Wyatt & Bruce Rainbird (Com)
Image ID PA1_DAB_DAB3
152. B class Atlantic 75 lifeboat, B-761 DIGNITY arrives. DIGNITY is named after Dignity Caring Funeral Services, whose employees raised the funds for the ...
Image ID PA1_RNLI_SS1_MILB29
153. West Mersea new lifeboat station
Date: 17 September 2005
Image ID PA1_RNLI_SS1_MILB33
154. West Mersea Lifeboat - Launching tractor. Causeway and hammerhead in the background.
Image ID PA1_RNLI_SS1_MILB34
155. RIIS I on Clarke and Carter's slipway, West Mersea.
Date: 5 November 2003
Image ID PAT_DSCN0060
156. The Old City, West Mersea. Postcard mailed 29 June 1954.
Date: Before June 1954
Image ID PG2_057
157. Wyatt's Shed on the left. The lane in the centre is now Carriers Close. The cottage on the left of the lane is Waterside, Smuggler's Way and Cudmore Cottage. ...
Image ID PG2_153
158. Old City, West Mersea. Postcard No.18
L-R from centre old Victory, Cornerways, John Hewes Cottage and Alice Hewes Cottage. The wooden shed to the right was ...
Date: Before 1915
Image ID PG2_215
159. Watching the boats at Mersea Beach. In fact, it is not the beach, but the Green on Coast Road at the Hard.
Date: Before September 1913
Image ID PG2_251
160. Victory Hard, West Mersea. Pre-war picture the barge ZEBRINA having an engine fitted by Mr Stone of Brightlingsea - information from Harry Booth via Ron Green.
Image ID PG2_357
161. The Hard, West Mersea. Coast Road. Landing craft on the left. Beached in the centre MARY JANE ex THUNDERER, owned by Fred Berry.
Postcard by Moore & ...
Image ID PG2_443
162. Frozen sea at Mersea, January 1940, photograph taken by Howard Winch, Pauline's father. The back of the photo says "View from near Hard & Yacht Club, West ...
Date: 26 January 1940
Image ID PMS_WIN_025
163. Frozen sea at Mersea. Photo by Howard Winch, who wrote on back:
Old Mersea. View from near Yacht Club looking N.W. High Tide. Frozen snow floes broken and ...
Date: 26 January 1940
Image ID PMS_WIN_031
164. Victory - Old City. An early photograph of the Victory - with only the front ridge roof.
Date: Before 1900
Image ID PUL_OPA_001
165. Low Water at the Hard. Postcard 152010.
Image ID PUL_OPA_053
166. 'Chippy' Pullen standing in front of 482CK KINGFISHER, 375CK EDITH, 269CK BUTTERCUP on Mersea Hard.
EDITH CK375 was built around 1911 by Aldous at ...
Image ID PUL_OPA_095
167. Carnival sports
Image ID PUL_OPA_215
168. High Water at West Mersea. Yachts. Postcard 242015 sent to Miss Winifred Farthing in Essex County Hospital, 1 March 1923.
Date: Before 1 March 1923
Image ID RFX_035
169. Group in front of Wyatt's Shed, City
From left: Herbert Burgess, Wm Wyatt, Daphne Cudmore ( Mrs K Bacon), Iris Mole ( Mrs E Mussett) centre of picture (Beret ...
Image ID RG020027
170. Riley 9 registration GO7265 outside Gowen & Co. Late 1940s
Image ID RG020030
171. Victory Lane West Mersea. Looking down The Lane with the Ship Public House on the right.
The 1881 1891 Census list George Aldous at the Ship Inn, along ...
Date: Before May 1909
Image ID RG030111
172. The Beach, West End, West Mersea. Postcard 135969. Taken at the Hard looking back up Coast Road with The Green on the left. The Legend tied up by Clarke & ...
Date: Before August 1935
Image ID RG03_421
173. Coast Road by West Mersea Yacht Club. Eastern National bus waiting to leave for Colchester. Regatta Day. Joyce Pontyfix.
Date: cAugust 1947
Image ID RG03_495
174. Launching party for PEDRO II CK9 at Wyatt's.
L-R Archie French, Daphne Hewes, Joe Hewes & his wife Blanche, William Wyatt, Norman 'Joe' Burgess (black ...
Date: 28 May 1949
Image ID RG04_050
175. SIR RAY being launched at Wyatts. John Milgate is in the cockpit doing last minute adjustments and Alan Buchanan is standing facing the camera to the left of ...
Image ID RG04_110
176. Launching SIR RAY, LSC. Wyatt's tug, Tasma, Bird Alone, Marguarite (Lil Clarke's dad was skipper)
Image ID RG04_111
177. 'Laneys' enjoying themselves.
L-R 1. Sid Burgess, 2. Johnny Hempstead, 3. Sid Milgate, 4. Joyce Stoker (with the bathing hat), 5. Harold Hewes, 6. Russel ...
Image ID RG050286
178. A group of 'Laneys' swimming. The girl on the left is Joyce Stoker, later to become Mrs Harry Keene, mother of Wendy, Barry and Jill. Next to her is Stella ...
Image ID RG050288
179. Barges unloading on West Mersea Hard. Clifford White lorry N01671. Left hand barge is RUSSELL on dinghy, with bricks. GOLDEN FLEECE in centre with timber and ...
Image ID RG06_113
180. Strood Channel and the Nothe. Dabchicks Sailing Club - the first black-boarded building, opened 1955. Ala Evers.
Old City, West Mersea. Postcard 29038, ...
Date: Before July 1961
Image ID RG11_017