151. Victory Lane, City, West Mersea. [Old] Victory pub on the left and Cornerways on the right.
Image ID MMC_P755_009
152. High tide at the Old City - 'old' Victory and Cornerways to the right of it.
The white railings this side of the old Victory are where the Bumby Ditch ...
Image ID MMC_P755_010
153. The Old City with the Victory centre left and Cornerways on the right at the bottom of the Lane. Cornerways was later reduced in height. Carriage at the bottom ...
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_013
154. The Victory, West Mersea. The new Victory was built further up Coast Road c1906.
Postcard by F. Artis, Dedham, No.50. Another copy of this card was mailed ...
Date: Before October 1904
Image ID MMC_P755_015
155. Clifford White's lorries unloading barges on the Hard. The barge on the left is the RUSSELL, loaded with bricks; in the centre with timber is GOLDEN FLEECE of ...
Image ID MMC_P755_026
156. Postcard titled The Promenade, East Beach, West Mersea. In fact, it is the end of Coast Road at the Old City at the west end of the island. Car AEV349. Bill ...
Date: Before August 1939
Image ID MMC_P762_R
157. Jack Emeny at Wyatt's
Image ID MNY_OPA_001
158. Watercolour by Leslie French of West Mersea. The view shows the Old Victory and The Lane.
Used in "The Memories of a Mersea Oysterman" by Leslie French, ...
Image ID MPUB_LFR_002_001
159. "Near the old Victory". The Old Victory and Cornerways - bottom of The Lane in the Old City, West Mersea.
Image ID MST_MIS_105
160. View from Jim and Lil Clarke's roof, of Gowens and the Old City with the Ray on the horizon and smack PIONEER off the Nothe.
Image ID MST_MIS_241
161. Geoffrey Hewes and Daphne Hewes (cousins), pictured in the Lane, West Mersea.
Image ID MST_OPA_151
162. Clarke & Carter boatyard at West Mersea. The big shed was built in the 1930s.
Image ID MSY_001
163. Coast Road 1949 Clarke & Carter's slipway.
Image ID MW1_OPA_013
164. Clarke & Carter slipway c1949. CHARM 2, WINDSTORM, THALASSA
Image ID MW1_OPA_025
165. Clarke & Carter's slipway. L-r WINDSTORM, AIMEE LEONE, CORINNA, CHARM III and SEONEE. Foreground ONE AND ALL, JOLINE.
Date: March 1951
Image ID MW1_OPA_027
166. Clarke & Carter slipway.
Image ID MW1_OPA_029
167. Barge on Mersea Hard.
Image ID MW1_OPA_065
168. "African Queen" - lifeboat from SUEVIC, and SCEPTRE at the Causeway, West Mersea
Date: cAugust 1969
Image ID NOL_010
169. Lifeboat from SUEVIC and the SCEPTRE at the Causeway, West Mersea
Date: cAugust 1969
Image ID NOL_012
170. "African Queen" at the Causeway, West Mersea --- the motor lifeboat from S.S. SUEVIC.
Date: August 1969
Image ID NOL_013
171. Postcard of the "Old City West Mersea", posted 6 September 1969.
Date: Before 6 September 1969
Image ID NOL_015
172. Dabchicks Sailing Club - first clubhouse, opened in 1955 and replaced 1961-63.
Date: Before 1963
Image ID PA1_DAB_DAB2
173. Opening of new clubhouse by Winnie Michael-Smith in 1955. L-R 'Bunny' Unwin (sailing sec) Bill Wyatt & Bruce Rainbird (Com)
Image ID PA1_DAB_DAB3
174. B class Atlantic 75 lifeboat, B-761 DIGNITY arrives. DIGNITY is named after Dignity Caring Funeral Services, whose employees raised the funds for the ...
Image ID PA1_RNLI_SS1_MILB29
175. West Mersea new lifeboat station
Date: 17 September 2005
Image ID PA1_RNLI_SS1_MILB33
176. West Mersea Lifeboat - Launching tractor. Causeway and hammerhead in the background.
Image ID PA1_RNLI_SS1_MILB34
177. Visit to Mersea by Literacy Support Centre, St John's Green School, Colchester.
Sitting on the green outside the lifeboat shed.
Coast Road - CK355 on ...
Date: c17 June 1986
Image ID PAT_1986_SCH_251
178. Visit to West Mersea Lifeboat by Literacy Support Centre, St John's Green School, Colchester
We bought things from the lifeboat shed. Mr Crossley gave us a ...
Date: c17 June 1986
Image ID PAT_1986_SCH_269
179. RIIS I on Clarke and Carter's slipway, West Mersea.
Date: 5 November 2003
Image ID PAT_DSCN0060
180. The Hard, West Mersea. Postcard by F.W. Pawsey, Ipswich, mailed 30 August 1962
Date: Before August 1962
Image ID PG2_039