151. Hulk of barge W. & P. Official No. 94570. Sold
out of trade in 1949, became a snack bar and then became derelict in a
backwater near Tonbridge ...
Notes from Ron Green & SSBR Hulk List.
Image ID CW01_005
152. Barge ABERDEEN. Official No. 98795, built Sittingbourne 1890. From a collection of Wills & Packham photographs.
Image ID CW01_006
153. Unidentified barge loading bricks. From a collection of Wills & Packham photographs.
Image ID CW01_007
154. The Strood. Barge VICTA, looking somewhat derelict.
VICTA built 1874, Official No. 67085, formerly & CO.
Image ID DBO_017
155. Barge on the River Colne near Colchester.
Not identified, but Ron Green writes:
One of Paul's by the X in the topsail.
It's one of their 'Rivers' ...
Date: Before 1939
Image ID DBO_202
156. Sailing barge CENTAUR at Harvey's Brewery Wharf, Lewes.
Photograph courtesy of Miles Jenner of Harvey's Brewery, Lewes.
Image ID DHD_003
157. Motor barge H.T. WILLS unloading coal at the small electric power station at Maidstone. H.T. WILLS was built Sittingbourne 1889 for Wills and Packham. Official ...
Image ID DMT_HTW_001
158. THYRA and H.T. WILLS at New Hythe, Kent.
THYRA was unloading paper pulp - the photo was taken by John Eastman, who was her mate at the time and has the date ...
Date: 17 March 1962
Image ID DMT_HTW_003
159. Sailing barge CLIFF loading hay on Mersea Hard. Registered Ipswich and built Ipswich 1858, probably by Bayley. Main owner J Cobbold Ipswich. Official No. ...
Image ID DP090001
160. LEOFLEDA under way. From Voyage. A trip in an Essex barge from Colchester to the Royal Docks.
From Essex Countryside Dec/Jan 1958/59 page 116.
Date: December 1958
Image ID EC58_012_116_001
161. Looking over the Ray towards Mersea from the Strood - "an extensive marshy tract veined and flecked in every part with water. At high tide the appearance is ...
Date: Before September 1963
Image ID EC63_09_474_004
162. From Sailing Ships Through the Ages - drawings by F.B. Harnack. Page 54.
The tan-sailed spritsail barge is one of the few surviving ...
Image ID FID_001_105
163. 'Ces' Hewes at the wheel of barge LADY GWYNFRED.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_034_001
164. Barge LADY GWYNFRED of London.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_034_002
165. Barge LADY GWYNFRED at Maldon.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_035_001
166. Fred Pullen & Sister Muriel with Edna on the THOMA II. From Muriel Butcher then Titford (née Pullen).
The Edna is Edna Maud Green. THOMA II is ...
Image ID HAY_BUT_088
167. Barge yacht THOMA II.
Image ID HAY_HUH_030
168. Fred Pullen on THOMA II.
Image ID HAY_HUH_046
169. Barge VENTA
Image ID HBB00001
170. Barge VENTA
Image ID HBB00004
171. Barge on the right is MILLIE [Ron Green].
Image ID HBB00005
172. Barge SIRDAR
Image ID HBB00006
173. Peter Light on board MARJORIE. [Ron Green]
Image ID HBB00010
174. Barge match spectators. Hedley Farrington front right [Ron Green].
Image ID HBB00011
175. Barges MILLIE and VENTA.
Image ID HBB00013
176. Peter Light splicing on board MARJORIE. SIRDAR to port.
Image ID HBB00014
177. Barge SIRDAR
Image ID HBB00015
178. SALTCOTE BELLE.
Image ID HBB00017
179. Barge MARJORIE. Jimmy Lawrence, Peter Light and Fred Cooper [Ron Green].
Image ID HBB00018
180. Barge match, from on board MARJORIE
Image ID HBB00019