151. Twin brothers Clem Smith on the left and Alf Smith on the right.
Alf had a shop, I think it was Peldon, on the road to Colchester. My mum [Winifred] ...
Image ID JDV_033
Added 2019-07-29 06:58:37
152. Wedding of George Smith and Edith Head at Mortlake.
George is left of centre with Edith below him to the right. Fanny Head (Edith's mother) is to the right ...
Date: 28 December 1907
Image ID JDV_031
Added 2019-07-29 06:39:28
153. George Saunders (or Saunders) Smith born 1909, first son of George and Edith Smith.
Image ID JDV_GSS_007
Added 2019-07-26 06:39:48
154. Clem Smith, Edith and Harriett, on High Street North. The Smith family shop is behind the fence on the left on the corner of Mersea Avenue.
Edith Smith ...
Image ID JDV_019
Added 2019-07-26 06:29:10
155. Connie Smith in fancy dress
Image ID JDV_017
Added 2019-07-26 05:56:02
156. Neolithic Thames Pick - photo shows front and back
Found in 1960, in the field behind Mill Cottage, Peldon whilst pea-picking. Colchester Castle ...
Date: July 2019
Image ID PH01_201
Added 2019-07-25 09:04:21
157. Greetings from 32nd Co., R.G.A., Sandown, I.W.
[32 Company Royal Garrison Artillery were at Sandown Fort 1898 to 1908 ...
Image ID JDV_021
Added 2019-07-25 06:32:47
158. Constance Rose Smith, daughter of George and Edith Smith.
Connie worked in London for many years in shops, Sainsburys etc. She came back to Mersea and ...
Image ID JDV_015
Added 2019-07-25 06:15:25
159. Edith Head - born 9 June 1880 at Mortlake. She married George Smith 28 December 1907 at Mortlake.
Image ID JDV_013
Added 2019-07-25 05:58:48
160. John Benns on a fox shoot near Middlewick Ranges. Photograph by Roy Farthing.
Image ID JBN_001
Added 2019-07-24 20:16:26
161. Joseph and Emma Smith
Joseph was born in Fingringhoe c1850
Emma Beaumont was born in Beaumont, Essex, c1844.
They married in 1866
Image ID JDV_011
Added 2019-07-24 10:24:47
162. Spring Robert Wyncoll and his Penny Farthing. Writing on the back of the photograph dates it as 1888. Photograph by P. Damant, Mersea Rd., ...
Image ID MSY_SPR_003
Added 2019-07-23 14:11:54
163. The Pedalo - a photograph that has been handed down the Wyncoll family.
Spring Wyncoll of Fingringhoe built the pedalo and his friend, Mr Crickmar, ...
Image ID MSY_PED_001
Added 2019-07-23 13:53:16
164. Outside the Whalebone Inn, Fingringhoe.
Robert Wyncoll was the innkeeper and you can just see his name over the door. He died in 1919, and Mrs Catherine ...
Image ID MSY_013
Added 2019-07-23 13:35:04
165. Relaxing - Robert Wyncoll relaxing in his room at the Whalebone in Fingringhoe ?
Image ID MSY_011
Added 2019-07-23 13:29:36
166. A gentleman - Spring Robert Wyncoll ?
Photo by Gill, Colchester.
Image ID MSY_009
Added 2019-07-23 11:14:04
167. A seafarer - probably related to the Wyncoll family
Image ID MSY_007
Added 2019-07-23 11:07:04
168. An unknown boatyard with an interesting selection of boats. The nearest is a steam launch.
Image ID MSY_005
Added 2019-07-23 11:00:19
169. Steam Yacht GUNILDA.
GUNILDA 104928 built Ramage & Ferguson Leith 1897. 492 tons. Designer Cox & King. Ex MADDER-1897. Owner F.W. Sykes, Huddersfield. [LRY ...
Image ID MSY_003
Added 2019-07-23 10:42:05
170. Clarke & Carter boatyard at West Mersea. The big shed was built in the 1930s.
Image ID MSY_001
Added 2019-07-23 09:51:05
171. Cottage next to Abberton Chapel, Peldon Road, Abberton
Photograph from Daphne Allen née Theobald. She refers to it as The Old Cottage - she and her ...
Image ID PH01_DAL_001
Added 2019-07-21 20:41:11
172. Plaque in East Mersea Parish Church
In Loving Memory of Archer Blackwell Born, 8 April 1842. Died 17 April 1894.
Also Archer Blackwell Wilson Born, ...
Date: 4 July 2019
Image ID EMP_TAB_003
Added 2019-07-18 17:10:58
173. Plaque in East Mersea Parish Church
Rev. Mr John Tickell bequeathed to East Mersea, Two Hundred Pounds after Mrs Tickell's death, in the following ...
Date: 22 September 1802
Image ID EMP_TAB_001
Added 2019-07-18 17:08:28
174. Grave of Charles Viereck Wilson, East Mersea Churchyard, plot 119
Charles Viereck Wilson 5th Jan 1887 - 16th Jan 1930
Jane his ...
Date: 5 July 2019
Image ID EMP_CYD_119_A01
Added 2019-07-18 16:28:50
175. Sheila Gray setting up the tablets in the 2019 CITiZAN display in the Museum. A project by Coastal and Intertidal Zone Archaeological Network (CITiZAN) recorded ...
Date: 16 June 2019
Image ID DIS2019_CZN_001
Added 2019-07-06 20:36:16
176. Mini-Exhibition of paintings by Leslie French, in the Museum Resource Centre 15th and 16th June 2019. There were 41 paintings, loaned by a number of ...
Date: 15 June 2019
Image ID DIS2019_LFR_001
Added 2019-07-06 20:27:41
177. Fire siren used on Mersea and loaned by Jonathan Mussett of West Mersea Fire Brigade. In later years it was sited behind the Fire Station in Melrose Road and ...
Image ID DIS2019_011
Added 2019-07-06 20:17:03
178. Inside our Telephone Box. Press Button A to connect or Press Button B to get your money back.
Top right is a list of early telephone numbers, starting with ...
Date: 30 June 2019
Image ID DIS2019_007
Added 2019-07-06 06:28:46
179. Our Telephone Box. Go inside and Press Button B - but you may not get your money back.
Date: 30 June 2019
Image ID DIS2019_005
Added 2019-07-06 06:27:33
180. Working water pump, restored 2019 by Ray Smith. The pumps had many uses - one of them can be found on the preserved lightship at Harwich where it was used to ...
Date: 18 August 2019
Image ID DIS2019_003
Added 2019-07-06 06:11:16