181. Peldon Methodist Chapel Appointment of Trustees.
Old Continuing Trustees
New Continuing Trustees
Date: 21 September 1951
Image ID PH01_PMC_003
182. For Sale. Methodist Chapel, Langham, Colchester
Methodist Chapel, Lower Road, Peldon.
Date: 15 January 1970
Image ID PH01_PMC_011
183. S.C. White & Co., Peldon shop. The delivery van is from Colne Confectionery, St Botolphs Street, Colchester. Registration NO2156 - NO registrations were issued ...
Date: After 1921
Image ID PH01_PWC_001
184. Peldon Shop J.E. Page. The delivery van is from A.J. Cornwell & Son, Confectioners, Colchester. NO2156.
Kelly's 1922 Directory lists J.E. Page as the shop ...
Image ID PH01_PWC_003
185. Peldon Shop. E.R. Dansie. Kelly's Directory lists E.R. Dansie as proprietor of the shop 1925/26.
Image ID PH01_PWC_005
186. Leonard Dansie in three wheel car outside Peldon shop. Registration BB2171 ?
Image ID PH01_PWC_007
187. Motor cycle and motor cycle combination outside the shop in Peldon. Leonard Dansie on the left. Registration numbers HK7334 and HK4084. HK registrations were ...
Image ID PH01_PWC_009
188. Newpots Lane and the back of Brick House Farm, Peldon, looking north towards the main road.
Image ID PH01_PWC_011
189. Englesbatch, Newpots Lane, Peldon. It is near the sea wall and it is said that it was once used for storing smuggled contraband. The cottage was once known as ...
Image ID PH01_PWC_013
190. The congregation outside Peldon Church. Pat Wyncoll is the small boy in the front - he was born 1940, dating this around 1945?
Image ID PH01_PWC_015
191. Peldon Sunday School Outing at East Mersea, looking across to Brightlingsea. It is thought to be the Chapel Sunday School.
Boom Defence Vessel and a ...
Image ID PH01_PWC_017
192. The village pump at Peldon in the snow, looking east towards the shop.
Image ID PH01_PWC_021
193. Brick House Farm, Peldon in snow in the bad winter of 1947.
Image ID PH01_PWC_023
194. A Souvenir of Peldon. Multiview postcard.
1. Peldon Church
2. The Lodge
3. Church and footpath across the fields
4. Peldon Rose
Image ID PH01_PWC_025
195. Arthur Leslie Wyncoll - RAF Despatch rider in World War 2
Image ID PH01_PWC_031
196. Peldon School Foundation Stone.
This school-room was built by subscription aided by a grant from the National Society.
2018 the stone is in Peldon ...
Image ID PH01_SCH_001
197. Peldon School.
Image ID PH01_SCH_005
198. Peldon School.
Back Row: 1. Mrs Green, 2. Lily Ponder, 3. Maggie Elliot, 4. Flo Baldwin, 5. Dorothy Christmas, 6. Ginny King
Middle Row: 1. Kate ...
Image ID PH01_SCH_007
199. Peldon Service Station. Texaco petrol.
Photograph from Hector and Eve South.
Image ID PH01_SST_001
200. Peldon Service Station. Hector South
Date: 27 October 2005
Image ID PH01_SST_007
201. Peldon Service Station a few weeks before it closed.
Date: 27 October 2005
Image ID PH01_SST_021
202. Peldon Village Hall - the first purpose-built hall, after the old school building had been used for many years.
Date: 2 September 2010
Image ID PH01_VHL_001
203. Peldon Village Hall - opened in 2017. This site by the church originally had the school, which was demolished in the 1960s and replaced with an earlier village ...
Date: 1 August 2018
Image ID PH01_VHL_003
204. Peldon Village Shop Exterior
Image ID PH01_VSH_001
205. Peldon Village Shop interior
Image ID PH01_VSH_003
206. Peldon Village Shop prior to closing down. The customer is Chris Richardson.
Image ID PH01_VSH_005
207. Egyptian Vulture, shot in Peldon in 1868. It eventually reached the Booth Museum in Brighton, where it is to this day.
Photograph from Royal Pavilion and ...
Image ID PH01_VTR_001
208. Bingo Session at Peldon Village Hall
L-R Chris Moore, Ethel Miller (hidden) Peter Miller, John Starling, Archie Moore, Albert Clark
Image ID PH02_001
209. Peldon fire - Malting Farm.
Image ID PH02_003
210. Peldon fire - Malting Farm.
Image ID PH02_005