181. The Causeway
Image ID PHS_OPA_003
182. Frozen sea at Mersea, January 1940, photograph taken by Howard Winch, Pauline's father. The back of the photo says "View from near Hard & Yacht Club, West ...
Date: 26 January 1940
Image ID PMS_WIN_025
183. Frozen sea at Mersea. Photo by Howard Winch, who wrote on back:
Old Mersea. View from near Yacht Club looking N.W. High Tide. Frozen snow floes broken and ...
Date: 26 January 1940
Image ID PMS_WIN_031
184. Victory - Old City. An early photograph of the Victory - with only the front ridge roof.
Date: Before 1900
Image ID PUL_OPA_001
185. Low Water at the Hard. Postcard 152010.
Image ID PUL_OPA_053
186. 'Chippy' Pullen standing in front of 482CK KINGFISHER, 375CK EDITH, 269CK BUTTERCUP on Mersea Hard.
EDITH CK375 was built around 1911 by Aldous at ...
Image ID PUL_OPA_095
187. Carnival sports
Image ID PUL_OPA_215
188. High Water at West Mersea. Yachts. Postcard 242015 sent to Miss Winifred Farthing in Essex County Hospital, 1 March 1923.
Date: Before 1 March 1923
Image ID RFX_035
189. Group in front of Wyatt's Shed, City
From left: Herbert Burgess, Wm Wyatt, Daphne Cudmore ( Mrs K Bacon), Iris Mole ( Mrs E Mussett) centre of picture (Beret ...
Image ID RG020027
190. Riley 9 registration GO7265 outside Gowen & Co. Late 1940s
Image ID RG020030
191. Victory Lane West Mersea. Looking down The Lane with the Ship Public House on the right.
The 1881 1891 Census list George Aldous at the Ship Inn, along ...
Date: Before May 1909
Image ID RG030111
192. The Beach, West End, West Mersea. Postcard 135969. Taken at the Hard looking back up Coast Road with The Green on the left. The Legend tied up by Clarke & ...
Date: Before August 1935
Image ID RG03_421
193. Coast Road by West Mersea Yacht Club. Eastern National bus waiting to leave for Colchester. Regatta Day. Joyce Pontyfix.
Date: cAugust 1947
Image ID RG03_495
194. Launching party for PEDRO II CK9 at Wyatt's.
L-R Archie French, Daphne Hewes, Joe Hewes & his wife Blanche, William Wyatt, Norman 'Joe' Burgess (black ...
Date: 28 May 1949
Image ID RG04_050
195. SIR RAY being launched at Wyatts. John Milgate is in the cockpit doing last minute adjustments and Alan Buchanan is standing facing the camera to the left of ...
Image ID RG04_110
196. Launching SIR RAY, LSC. Wyatt's tug, Tasma, Bird Alone, Marguarite (Lil Clarke's dad was skipper)
Image ID RG04_111
197. 'Laneys' enjoying themselves.
L-R 1. Sid Burgess, 2. Johnny Hempstead, 3. Sid Milgate, 4. Joyce Stoker (with the bathing hat), 5. Harold Hewes, 6. Russel ...
Image ID RG050286
198. A group of 'Laneys' swimming. The girl on the left is Joyce Stoker, later to become Mrs Harry Keene, mother of Wendy, Barry and Jill. Next to her is Stella ...
Image ID RG050288
199. Barges unloading on West Mersea Hard. Clifford White lorry N01671. Left hand barge is RUSSELL on dinghy, with bricks. GOLDEN FLEECE in centre with timber and ...
Image ID RG06_113
200. Strood Channel and the Nothe. Dabchicks Sailing Club - the first black-boarded building, opened 1955. Ala Evers.
Old City, West Mersea. Postcard 29038, ...
Date: Before July 1961
Image ID RG11_017
201. West Mersea. The Quarters. Photocrom postcard mailed 17 July 1935 to Oliver Vaudrey, Edgbaston, Birmingham.
Date: Before July 1935
Image ID RG11_045
202. Titled Kings Hard, but this is the causeway at the Hard, West Mersea. Postcard by E.T.W. Dennis. Another copy of this card was mailed 20 August 1910.
Date: Before August 1910
Image ID RG11_049
203. The causeway - an early one built of concrete slabs. Postcard 80920 posted 10 July 1930.
Date: Before July 1930
Image ID RG11_051
204. West Mersea - an old causeway. The house in the centre is Journey's End, now West Mersea Yacht Club. Postcard 80919.
Image ID RG11_053
205. The causeway - a wet West Mersea Town Regatta around 1950.
Date: cAugust 1950
Image ID RG18_175
206. Cottages in the Lane, partially demolished, thought to be in the 1920s. The site is now The City Hall assembly hall was built on the site around 1930. The ...
Image ID RG19_119
207. Barges arriving West Mersea with building materials. RUSSELL with bricks, GOLDEN FLEECE with timber and another with cement. Small photograph, probably from the ...
Image ID RG25_251
208. Smack SKYLARK 46CK on Mersea Hard, just after the end of WW1. Ena Mole, later Mrs Arthur Death, at tiller.
The owner of the SKYLARK was Frederick Westhorpe ...
Image ID RG25_343
209. West Mersea Hard - aerial view postcard PN6549.
Image ID RG25_651
210. Barge yacht BIRD ALONE on Mersea Hard. Mailed 13-8-1910. Postcard No. 28.
Date: Before August 1910
Image ID RG27_017