241. Canon John S. Short
Rector of Peldon and Great and Little Wigborough 1990 - 1993
Image ID PH01_REC_009
242. Peldon School Foundation Stone.
This school-room was built by subscription aided by a grant from the National Society.
2018 the stone is in Peldon ...
Image ID PH01_SCH_001
243. Peldon School.
Image ID PH01_SCH_005
244. Peldon School.
Back Row: 1. Mrs Green, 2. Lily Ponder, 3. Maggie Elliot, 4. Flo Baldwin, 5. Dorothy Christmas, 6. Ginny King
Middle Row: 1. Kate ...
Image ID PH01_SCH_007
245. Peldon Service Station. Texaco petrol.
Photograph from Hector and Eve South.
Image ID PH01_SST_001
246. Peldon Service Station. Hector South
Date: 27 October 2005
Image ID PH01_SST_007
247. Peldon Service Station a few weeks before it closed.
Date: 27 October 2005
Image ID PH01_SST_021
248. Peldon Village Hall - the first purpose-built hall, after the old school building had been used for many years.
Date: 2 September 2010
Image ID PH01_VHL_001
249. Peldon Village Hall - opened in 2017. This site by the church originally had the school, which was demolished in the 1960s and replaced with an earlier village ...
Date: 1 August 2018
Image ID PH01_VHL_003
250. Peldon Village Shop Exterior
Image ID PH01_VSH_001
251. Peldon Village Shop interior
Image ID PH01_VSH_003
252. Peldon Village Shop prior to closing down. The customer is Chris Richardson.
Image ID PH01_VSH_005
253. Egyptian Vulture, shot in Peldon in 1868. It eventually reached the Booth Museum in Brighton, where it is to this day.
Photograph from Royal Pavilion and ...
Image ID PH01_VTR_001
254. Bingo Session at Peldon Village Hall
L-R Chris Moore, Ethel Miller (hidden) Peter Miller, John Starling, Archie Moore, Albert Clark
Image ID PH02_001
255. Peldon fire - Malting Farm.
Image ID PH02_003
256. Peldon fire - Malting Farm.
Image ID PH02_005
257. Peldon fire - Malting Farm
Image ID PH02_007
258. Peldon fire. Malting Farm. The Fire Engine is NO48. - registrations dated 1921 - 1923.
Image ID PH02_009
259. Easter Monday Egg and Spoon Race outside Peldon Plough
Date: 16 April 1979
Image ID PH02_015
260. Peldon - Brick House Cottage. The wall on the left of the picture is the dividing wall between the cottage and the listed granary belonging to Brick House Farm. ...
Image ID PH02_019
261. Peldon. Chris Moore with chidlren. The house behind Chris is called The Cottage and it is thought that it was called Sunnyview many years ago. It is next to ...
Image ID PH02_021
262. Peldon Village Shop J.E. Page. Next door to the shop is Sunnyview, later replaced with Beaver's Lodge.
Car registration BB2171.
Image ID PH02_023
263. Peldon - thatched barn at Malting Farm, on the corner of Malting Road and Lodge Lane. Abberton is off to the right. Postcard 83149
Image ID PH02_029
264. Mehalah, Peldon
Image ID PH02_033
265. Newpots Close, Peldon
Image ID PH02_035
266. Arthur Wyncoll, shopkeeper, Peldon.
Image ID PH02_039
267. Peldon. Footpath from St Ives Hill towards Church Road.
Image ID PH02_051
268. Peldon Common. The forge on the left. Chapel, greenhouses and Post Office to the right.
Image ID PH02_069
269. Peldon, looking west past the shop to the Plough. Whitakers Cottages are set back on the right.
Image ID PH02_073
270. Peldon Bowls Club - Village Hall
L-R Josie Captick, Jenny Coe, Jean Burnham, Lorraine Davies, Ken Ward, Matthew Ebbsworth, Alan Miller, Steve Copeland, ...
Image ID PH02_081