31. OMNIA of Panama - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Hamburg-Cranz 1955 as JAN HAMM LR/IMO 5169526 424 tons. Renamed OMNIA 1975, ANNA HENNY 1981, JEAN ...
Image ID CGT_002_005
32. MEVO of Panama - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Lemmer, Netherlands, 1960 as BERKELBORG LR/IMO 5042302 397 tons. Renamed ALI TEEKMAN 1970, LUTHER ...
Image ID CGT_002_007
33. ILSE WOLTER - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Sietas, Neuenfelde, Hamburg, 1955 as NORDKAP 298 tons. LR/IMO 5159222. Lengthened 1957, 422 tons. ...
Image ID CGT_002_009
34. JURGEN - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Hamburg-Cranz 1956 as HEINRICH KNUPPEL 421 tons. ON 367331 LR/IMO 5145893. Renamed HEINRICH RAAP 1964, ...
Image ID CGT_002_011
35. JUTTA FLINT - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Rendsburg 1957 as P.C. ASMUSSEN 298 tons. LR/IMO 5267873. Lengthened and deepened 1962, 425 tons. ...
Image ID CGT_002_013
36. CARL FRIGAST - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built as ELISABETH BROKER 1957 Holst, Hamburg-Cranz. 425 tons. LR/IMO 5101457. renamed CARL FRIGAST 1972, ...
Image ID CGT_002_015
37. ALF EVERARD at the Moler Works, Colchester Hythe, in the Summer of 1952. Photograph by Ray Rush via Society for Sailing Barge Research,
ALF EVERARD was ...
Date: cAugust 1952
Image ID CGT_003
38. ANNE of Kingstown - coasters at Colchester Hythe. Former name PLATO of Hamburg.
Build 1955 Wilhelmsaven as PLATO. LR/IMO 5279668. Renamed ANNE 1987, ...
Image ID CGT_003_001
39. RAIDER of Kingstown ex ANGLIAN TRADER - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built as LADY SHEENA at Bodewes Hoogezand, Bergum, Netherlands. LR/IMO 6609133 200 ...
Image ID CGT_003_003
40. DANICA BLACK - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Danish. Built Sakskobing, Denmark, 1984, 997 tons LR/IMO 8302947. Capsized and sank 19 Oct 1994 55.24N ...
Image ID CGT_003_005
41. DOMBA - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built as APOLLO II 1969 at Bodewes, Martenshoek. 400 tons. Official No. 378963 LR 6927690.
Renamed KOSMOS 1970, ...
Image ID CGT_003_007
42. A KING II - coasters at Colchester Hythe. Owner was A. King & Sons, Norwich - scrap merchants, port of registry Great Yarmouth.
Built as KON TIKI at ...
Image ID CGT_003_009
43. ESTE of Hamburg - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Thought to be LR 6701448, built Neuenfelde 1966 as GISELA BARTELS. Renamed ESTE 1975, ANNA-MARIA 1980, ...
Image ID CGT_003_011
44. MOLER VENTURE at Moler Wharf, Colchester Hythe. She was build 1972 by Cook at Wivenhoe to carry refractory bricks from the continent to the Moler works.
Image ID CGT_003_013
45. LINDA - W of George Town - coasters at Colchester Hythe. SUBRO VIXEN ahead.
Image ID CGT_003_015
46. LINDA - W of George Town - coasters at Colchester Hythe. 298 tons built 1955.
Photo by Chris Reynolds
Built as SEEFALKE Wilhelmshaven 1955 on ...
Date: August 1985
Image ID CGT_003_017
47. MANOR PARK - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built 1956 as QUO VADIS. 497 tons. Official No. 401233
Renamed MANOR PARK 1978. Owner 1978 Blonde Marine ...
Image ID CGT_003_019
48. KRYSTLE - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Appingedam, Netherlands, as DONGEBORG 1961 399 tons. Renamed 74 VISSERSBANK 1974, AEGEAN WIND 1977, RENE ...
Image ID CGT_003_021
49. CARRICK of Guernsey - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Westerbroek 1954 EDDYSTONE, ON 341957 LR 5096872 475 tons. Renamed CARRICK 1980 and broken up ...
Image ID CGT_003_023
50. PAVO - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built 1960 at Fikkers, Foxhol, Netherlands, as PAVONIS. 384 tons.
Renamed PAVO 1975, PHOENIX 1992. No longer ...
Image ID CGT_003_025
51. STURDY - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
499 tons, built Tczew, Poland, 1973. Renamed STEADY 1984, STURDY 1989, EAGLE 1996, ALEJANDRA - 1996, LAZARUS ...
Image ID CGT_003_027
52. Everard's SEDULITY unloading coal at Colchester Gas Works. A photograph taken from the top of the gasometer by Colin Hoare, who was Mate on her at the ...
Image ID CLH_001
53. Colchester Oyster Feast. 1912. Reginald B. Beard.
W. Gurney Benham.
Date: 18 October 1912.
Image ID COF_1912
54. Colchester Oyster Feast 1920. Cr. A. Owen Ward.
Date: 28 October 1920
Image ID COF_1920
55. Colchester Oyster Feast 1928.
Cr. Ernest H. Turner J.P., Mayor.
Date: 25 October 1928
Image ID COF_1928
56. Colchester Castle. There is no roof inside, dating the photograph before about 1930.
Image ID CW5_011
57. Turkeys for sale at Hearsum's fish shop in Crouch Street, Colchester. Thought to be a pre-WW2 photograph - Leslie Boddington worked there.
There is a 2008 ...
Date: Before 1940
Image ID DBO_207
58. Macklin Potatoe King. St Botolph's Corner, Colchester. Next door is the The Fountain, Daniell & Sons Ltd.
Image ID DCR_001
59. Manorial Rolls Part III Pete Hall Manor.
Essex Review 1942 page 93.
Drawing of St Runwald's Church, High Street, Colchester.
Date: July 1942
Image ID ERV_1942_093
60. The first Colchester Carnival.
From left 1. Jim Mussett, 2. Bill Wyatt, 3. Tom D'Witt, 4. Herbert Welham
From Album 9.
Image ID FL09_062_001