31. The Manor of East Hall, East Mersea. Essex Review 1945. Pages 10 and 11.
Date: January 1945
Image ID ERV_1945_014
32. East Mersea Church
Back Martin Dence, Albert Dennis, J. Sunnucks
Centre Anne Leggett, Hilda Leggett, Colin Dence, Andrew Sunnucks
Front Julia ...
Image ID FL02_020_001
33. 1st East Mersea Brownie Pack.
Image ID GG07_009_001
34. Cross and owl in East Mersea church.
"1st Mersea Guides founder, Kate Cotton is buried at East Mersea Church. Also, a member of the Sheppard family (the ...
Date: 12 April 2016
Image ID GG08_2871
35. Wedding of Graham and Georgie Hewes, East Mersea Church.
Image ID GHW_MAR_005
36. Golf Club opening
Date: 5 April 1929
Image ID GOL_OPA_033
37. The original part of "Old Ship Cottage", seen from the main road. It is on the north side of East Road, East Mersea, just before the 'Dormy' houses.
Image ID GWD_KIM_001
38. The "Dog and Pheasant" Inn, East Mersea - where the old yields pride of place to the new, as though wishing to retire, after so many centuries of service, from ...
Image ID GWD_KIM_031
39. Old Ship Cottage, East Mersea - the way it looked in the 1960s before the thatch was replaced with tiles and huge patio doors fitted at the front by ...
Image ID GWD_SUS_001
40. Old Ship Cottage, East Mersea. The extension that was added in the late 1930s when Arthur Greenwood was sure war was coming soon - the work was done by Mr May ...
Image ID GWD_SUS_003
41. Mersea Stone No.5.
The steam yacht VALFREYIA in the Colne off East Mersea. Postmark 1909
Built 1888 as LADY TORFREDA by Fairfield, Govan. Bought by ...
Date: Before 1909
Image ID HEM_OPA_179
42. Looking East East Mersea.
Farthings delivering the milk to chalets at Coopers Beach.
Image ID HH06_101
43. Ladies paddling ashore from the ferry at East Mersea Stone. The steam yacht VALFREYIA can be seen left background.
Image ID HH06_103
44. John Hazelton : A Memoir, by W.J. Styles. 1889.
"East Mersey. A large congregation had gathered to witness a public baptism in the sea, and were grouped ...
Image ID HZL_P037
45. East Mersea Church Interior 1912. The box pews were replaced with chairs in 1913. Photo from A Short History of the Parish Churches of East Mersea and West ...
Image ID IA004145
46. Blockhouse Fort, East Mersea. An aerial view from a kite, looking north. The fort had earth walls and was triangular. The remains are in the lower half of the ...
Date: May 2006
Image ID IA004471
47. 90 years of Fen Farm. Candy Evans explores the history of an Essex campsite that has been serving campers for nine decades.
In 1923, a group of ...
Date: July 2014
Image ID IA01_121
48. Pathway and stakes below the beach near East Mersea Blockhouse Fort. The stakes have been appearing over the past 2 years as the mud has eroded. It is not yet ...
Date: 28 November 2017
Image ID IA01_691
49. East Mersea Parish Church - interior. A slide from "This is your Life - Revd. John Swallow", 1985.
Date: Before 1985
Image ID JAGS_097
50. A piece of shrapnel from the land mine which came down in the road in East Mersea.
20 November 1940 Parachute mine dropped on road between West and ...
Date: 21 November 1940
Image ID JAS_001
51. Every hut is unique on Cooper's Beach.
For decades they have been a familiar sight to regular visitors to East Mersea, but now there is an acceptance that ...
Image ID JAY_BCH_051
52. Jack Botham aerial photograph 9110A. Coopers Beach chalets and caravans.
Image ID JBA_066
53. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3105. Looking west from above Coopers Beach, East Mersea. Just below centre is the Youth Camp, formerly Kiddiesland and currently ...
Image ID JBA_070
54. Jack Botham aerial photograph 9113A. Essex Youth Camp, formerly Kiddiesland, and currently (2010) Essex Outdoors.
Image ID JBA_074
55. Coopers Beach Chalets under threat.
See Mistral ...
Date: March 1999
Image ID JCN_001
56. East Mersea Hall - East Mersea Fete
Date: August 1999
Image ID JCN_002
57. Tedding the hay crop, Cudmore Grove - turning it to dry in the sun.
Used in the Mistral, 1999.
Date: July 1998
Image ID JCN_005
58. Cudmore Grove, East Mersea. Postcard sold by West Mersea Post Office, bought 25 February 2001.
Date: Before 2001
Image ID JLJ_CUD_001
59. View from west end looking east (Point Clear and St. Osyth in background over water) of cliffs, Cudmore Grove, East Mersea.
Date: 23 July 2001
Image ID JLJ_CUD_009
60. East Mersea Fort - view with approximately north at the top. An area of interest is the low clay bank which has appeared in the beach below the Fort, near the ...
Date: 10 November 2020
Image ID JP01_003_001