31. Screw Oil Tank Vessel constructed for service in the Far East. Page from Otto Andersen catalogue.
Image ID BOXD1_002_056
32. Single Screw Motor Coaster.
CRISTO and similar Vessels
A page from Otto Andersen catalogue.
BOXD1_002_061 has plan of top vessel, named ...
Image ID BOXD1_002_059
33. Plan of Single Screw Motor Coaster. A page from Otto Andersen catalogue --- vessel is also shown on BOXD1_002_059. Name on the plan is INNISVERA.
Image ID BOXD1_002_061
34. Cruise liner VOLTAIRE laid up in River Blackwater off Bradwell. She was in the river from 1929 to 7 May 1932.
From: East Coast Camera
Image ID BOXQ_002_001_001
35. IMPERIAL PRINCE laid up in River Blackwater. She was in the river from 1930 to 7 June 1935.
From: East Coast Camera
Image ID BOXQ_002_001_002
36. Off Tollesbury. Postcard 126374 not mailed.
The vessel on the left is HIGHLAND ROVER - one of a class of 10 built for Nelson Line 1910-11. They were ...
Date: Before 20 October 1932
Image ID CG14_023
37. MV PURBECK on the hard at Brightlingsea. She had worked for A.J. Brush in the ballast trade.
Image ID CGT_001
38. Shell tanker LABIOSA, thought to be whilst laid up in River Blackwater 1963-64. 6,473 tons gross, built 1948.
Image ID CH11_001
39. Bulk carrier ATTICA laid up in River Blackwater. Arrived in river 3 January 1983, renamed LADYLIKE whilst in River, and departed 17 June 1983.
ATTICA was ...
Date: 15 April 1983
Image ID CH11_003
40. Everard's SEDULITY unloading coal at Colchester Gas Works. A photograph taken from the top of the gasometer by Colin Hoare, who was Mate on her at the ...
Image ID CLH_001
41. Postcard after Repton Dixon's release from Prisoner of War. To Lieut R.E. Dixon, Howard's Stores, West Mersea.
From M.S. SOBIESKI, Gdynia-America Shipping ...
Date: 18 October 1945
Image ID CW1_250_PIC26C
42. One of Everard's 'F' boats - war built Chant coasters.
Stoker / Brown family pictures - Album 1
Date: August 1951
Image ID DB01_036_007
43. P&O DELTA, DEVANHA or DONGOLA, built 1905/1906.
The Absent Voter list records Hartley Brown living Firs Road and Second Officer c/o P&O Steamship Co. so ...
Image ID DB12_051
44. Shell tankers laid up in the River Blackwater. HELICINA on the left, HYALINA on the right.
Image ID DBO_021
45. Laid up tanker ARO and a Sun tug, thought to be SUN XXII, in the River Blackwater. ARO which was in the River from 4 July 1975 to November 1978. She was built ...
Image ID DVY_SHP_001
46. ALIAKMON RIVER in the River Blackwater.
Image ID DW01_001
47. Laid up in River Blackwater - photo from a Hebridge Basin resident.
Image ID DWR_001
48. Laid up in River Blackwater, thought to be LONDON CITIZEN, which was laid up in the river 23 February 1932 to 31 July 1936.
Image ID DWR_003
49. s.s. BERRIMA. Isaac Rice from Tollesbury front right. Australian Navy Photo from Geyer Studios, Sydney.
[P&O liner BERRIMA served in the Royal ...
Image ID DWS_037
50. The two halves of the Liberty Ship HELENA MODJESKA anchored in the River Blackwater. She had gone aground on the Goodwin Sands 12 September 1946 and broke in ...
Date: Before 25 June 1948
Image ID DWS_SHP_001
51. The famous barque CAP PILAR photographed when she was up in Aldous's Yard at Brightlingsea in 1939. This once-lovely ship now lies a wreck up at Wivenhoe ...
Image ID EC63_12_085_001
52. "A Survivor". Painting by Fid Harnack, on display in Mersea Museum.
BEATRICE - SVITHIOD - ROUTENBURN.
Watercolour by Fid Harnack, RSMA.
From the ...
Image ID FID_001
53. HERZOGIN CECILIE. 1902
Built in Germany and used partly for training purposes, this four-masted barque passed later to Finnish owners. Under the latter ...
Image ID FID_001_101
54. On board ALASTOR ?
Image ID FID_004_051
55. MICHALAKIS on the beach near bottom of Empress Avenue.
From Album 3.
Date: c14 February 1958
Image ID FL03_028_002
56. BLACK FOX, owned by a Captain Barnes, who was associated with Lord Shackleton. Sidney Mussett's grandfather Tom Mole was cook and steward aboard her in 1956 or ...
Image ID FL07_054_001
57. Ice. Peter French. Shell ex Eagle Oil tanker laid up in the river.
Date: cFebruary 1963
Image ID FRP_OPA_003
58. Barque ALASTOR - either in Millwall Dock, London, or Birkenhead.
Image ID GRW_086
59. Barque ALASTOR - either in Millwall Dock London or Birkenhead. Probably 1930s.
Image ID GRW_087
60. Barque ALASTOR - either in Millwall Dock London or Birkenhead. Probably 1930s.
Image ID GRW_088