31. Bert, George & G. Dad - in Photo Album from Charity Shop
Bertie William Roberts was son of Edward Roberts and Georgina née Hull. Bertie married ...
Image ID SLV_004_001
Added 2021-07-16 10:48:28
32. Dad & Mum - in Photo Album from Charity Shop
William Frederick Roberts and Georgina née Hull, who lived in Sylvia Cottages, Birch in 1911 ...
Image ID SLV_003_007
Added 2021-07-16 10:47:37
33. Granny and Grand dad - in Photo Album from Charity Shop
Thought to be Ezra Williamson and Regina Sarah née Scillitoe formerly Hull who did not ...
Image ID SLV_003_005
Added 2021-07-16 10:46:07
34. Sylvia Cottages, Hardys Green, Birch.
The cottages were built in 1910, probably for the Birch Hall estate. Charles James Round of Birch Hall married ...
Image ID SLV_003_003
Added 2021-07-16 10:44:08
35. Stamps and Crows, Birch [Layer Breton, on the edge of the Heath]
In Photo Album from Charity Shop
Image ID SLV_003_001
Added 2021-07-16 10:39:11
36. Aladdin paraffin heater. Blue Flame Heater No. H2201. Made in England.
On display in Museum.
Date: 30 June 2021
Image ID MMI_ADN_001
Added 2021-07-11 10:40:13
37. Valor quick boiling paraffin stove.
On display in Museum
Date: 30 June 2021
Image ID MMI_VLR_001
Added 2021-07-11 10:25:42
38. Rev. Frederick Theobald M.A. Rector 1886 - 1925
Photograph in Great Wigborough Parish Church
Image ID GWG_CHC_136
Added 2021-07-10 21:40:53
39. Ordination of Revd. Llewellyn Bullock at Great Wigborough
Photograph hanging in the vestry in Great Wigborough Church
Image ID GWG_CHC_141
Added 2021-07-10 19:40:28
40. Here lyeth buried the
bodie of Ann Marke
Wife of Edward Marke
deceased the fovrth
day of March in the
yeare of our Lord ...
Date: 19 July 2021
Image ID GWG_CHC_121
Added 2021-07-10 15:13:07
41. Here Lyeth y Bodie of Richard Wiseman who departed y World in November 1616
Slab in the nave of Great Wigborough Church, against the chancel step. It was ...
Date: 10 July 2021
Image ID GWG_CHC_118
Added 2021-07-10 11:34:14
42. RED COMMODORE at Clacton Pier. A screen shot from "Five Minutes by the sea at Clacton" film from 1950, available online at ...
Image ID IA03_061
Added 2021-07-10 06:10:55
43. Wm. Wyatt Ltd. Boatbuilders. West Mersea.
Yard plaque on yacht RIDING LIGHT built in 1952.
Image ID STP_007
Added 2021-07-05 21:29:17
44. RIDING LIGHT moving to Lubeck. She was built William Wyatt West Mersea 1952.
Date: 28 October 2020
Image ID STP_005
Added 2021-07-05 21:08:12
45. 2021 Summer Exhibition - Main Hall
Image ID DIS2021_001
Added 2021-07-02 14:59:01
46. Barclays Bank, West Mersea, following partial rebuilding 1957/58. It became a full Branch, independent of Colchester, in 1958. The building was sold about 2011 ...
Date: After 1958
Image ID SPM_005
Added 2021-06-28 22:12:02
47. Barclays Bank, Yorick Road, West Mersea
Barclays & Company Limited were the first bank on Mersea and started as an agency in Church Road. On 28 February ...
Date: Before 1957
Image ID SPM_003
Added 2021-06-28 22:10:40
48. Yacht HEARTSEASE as a houseboat at Tollesbury in the 1950s. Photograph sent by James Blott, whose grandfather John Blott once owned HEARTSEASE. James comments ...
Image ID JBL_TOL_001
Added 2021-06-27 08:11:37
49. ESSEX MAID, built Rowhedge Iron Works 1939 for John Blott. Photograph from the Blott family, taken between her launch April 1939 and joining the Navy in ...
Date: cAugust 1939
Image ID JBL_RIW_001
Added 2021-06-27 08:06:26
50. RIDING LIGHT built William Wyatt West Mersea 1952 for Admiral Robertshaw RN. Photograph taken at Lubeck, Germany where she is being restored by Stephen ...
Date: 22 May 2021
Image ID STP_001
Added 2021-06-26 20:46:10
51. Deborah Rittie Annie Smith née Traylor 1864 - 1942. Born in Peldon, she married Thomas Absalom Smith in 1890, an agricultural labourer, also of Peldon, ...
Image ID PCN_007
Added 2021-06-20 21:23:30
52. Lance Corporal Roland Job Smith of 1st Essex Regiment in WW1 was born on 9th August 1897 and died in 1963. His parents were Thomas Absalom Smith and Deborah ...
Image ID PCN_005
Added 2021-06-20 21:19:54
53. This family photo was taken circa 1909. The father and mother are Thomas Absalom Smith and Deborah Rittie Annie Smith née Traylor. Both were born in ...
Image ID PCN_003
Added 2021-06-20 21:13:55
54. Sarah Smith née Talbot was born in 1827 and baptised in Peldon Church. The daughter of an agricultural labourer, Thomas Talbot, and his wife Sarah ...
Image ID PCN_001
Added 2021-06-20 21:09:23
55. West Mersea Regatta, probably taken from 'the line' looking east. Prominent distant left is the 'new' Victory Hotel, built 1908. Picture is undated.
Image ID TLY_121
Added 2021-06-06 21:34:13
56. Remains of sailing barge MEMORY on Tollesbury saltings. The MEMORY came to Tollesbury for Fellowship Afloat. Before that she was moored at Bradwell Waterside, ...
Image ID KBC_TOL_201
Added 2021-05-21 10:26:12
57. WINDFLOWER off the South Coast. Frank Elgar Mussett is on the right. The crew member standing by the mast on the left is not know, but is probably from Mersea.
Image ID WFL_165
Added 2021-05-18 14:12:37
58. "Skipper Mussett" - Frank Elgar Mussett on WINDFLOWER.
L-R Sarah, Frank Mussett and Oliver Wells.
Date: 4 August 1936
Image ID WFL_163
Added 2021-05-18 14:09:17
59. Florence Sherwood at number 3 the Square in 1937. The house had no electricity & no water. We had to collect and drink water from St. Peters well. Tin bath in ...
Image ID RG25_719
Added 2021-05-18 13:56:21
60. Unknown sailing barge from a glass plate negative
Image ID RG25_731
Added 2021-05-11 20:29:07