61. The Marshes, Tollesbury
Image ID CG5_005
62. Woodrolfe, Tollesbury
Image ID CG5_036
63. Tollesbury shipyard.
Image ID CG5_040
64. Across the Lake, Tollesbury. Cranfield and Carter shed. Sail lofts on the right. Postcard thought to be by Hammond.
Image ID CG5_044
65. Tollesbury yachting. Drake Brothers.
Image ID DWS_111
66. Peter and Jane Carter on the left with Enid Shakespeare on the right. Yacht HEARTSEASE in the background, taken on Tollesbury saltings.
Image ID DWS_241
67. Tollesbury - the hard winter of 1963. Fishing boat CK100 CLUARAN, owned by Peter French and built in Fraserburgh in 1932.
Date: 25 January 1963
Image ID DWS_TOL_001
68. Tollesbury Yard launches biggest trawler - quietly.
With a gentle sliding motion the largest trawler to be built at the Tollesbury boatyard of Frost and ...
Date: 30 April 1969
Image ID ECS_1969_MAY02_002
69. BOADICEA at Tollesbury
Image ID FRS_049
70. Barge HYACINTH in nearly her last resting place at Tollesbury late 1930s. The remains were removed to build Tollesbury Marina. Motor yacht ALDIC on the right.
Image ID HBC_001_015
71. Tollesbury - smacks CK104 BLUEBELL, CK431 ADC, ?, CK200 SHAMROCK.
Image ID HEA_OPA_037
72. Tollesbury smacks.
Image ID HEA_OPA_043
73. Newspaper article When Woodrope Hard was a forest of spars. From Essex County Standard, 28 February 1969 - an article by Douglas J. Gurton.
Date: 28 February 1969
Image ID LIL_GUR_007
74. Cissy Scott, daughter of Ernest Appleton.
"I reckon this was taken at Woodrolfe but I am not sure where from?" [Peter Bibby]
Image ID PBIB_APP_275
75. Steam yacht CALA MARA in mud berth at Tollesbury. William Frost of Tollesbury was captain and the owner was Sir Richard Cooper. Date not known.
Steam yacht ...
Image ID PBIB_CAL_001
76. Yacht HISPANIA at Tollesbury - marked July 1936 but could be 1930. A Drake Bros advertisement from 1930 mentions she wintered at Tollesbury.
Date: July 1930
Image ID PBIB_HIS_001
77. Motor yacht IONE II, photograph taken at Drakes Yard, Tollesbury. Smack CK212 is in the background.
IONE II Official No. 162726, wood, built Jas. A. ...
Image ID PBIB_ION_003
78. NINON at Drake's yard, Tollesbury.
Peter Bibby writes "My grandfather was skipper of yacht NINON which was owned by Henry Garratt and used to lay up at ...
Image ID PBIB_NIN_001
79. Tollesbury Creek. Ex landing craft on the left, used by oystermen. Woodrolfe or Woodrope Creek. From a 1950s slide taken by Mary Sime.
Image ID PBIB_SIM1_008
80. Tollesbury Creeks. Yacht MERRYMAID on left. From a 1950s slide taken by Mary Sime.
Image ID PBIB_SIM1_015
81. Woodrolfe, Tollesbury. In the distance behind the yawl can be seen a Shaw Savill boat, thought to be the GOTHIC. From a 1950s slide taken by Mary Sime.
Date: cOctober 1957
Image ID PBIB_SIM1_027
82. Woodrolfe, Tollesbury. CK222 ELLEN on slip. From a 1950s slide taken by Mary Sime.
Image ID PBIB_SIM1_030
83. Woodrolfe, Tollesbury. CK222 ELLEN on slip on left. Just right of centre, stern-on, is HEARTSEASE.
From a 1950s slide taken by Mary Sime.
Image ID PBIB_SIM1_032
84. Woodrope Creek dry. From a 1950s slide taken by Mary Sime.
Image ID PBIB_SIM1_034
85. Woodrolfe Yard. Smack CK104. HEARTSEASE is behind the mast on the left - with a white 'tent' on her counter. A 1950s slide taken by Mary Sime.
Image ID PBIB_SIM3_036
86. Tollesbury Woodrolfe. Smack CK222 ELLEN on the left. The cranes at Bradwell power station are starting to appear in the distance. A slide taken by Mary Sime.
Date: c 1960
Image ID PBIB_SIM6_002
87. Tollesbury CK222 ELLEN on slip. A slide taken by Mary Sime.
Image ID PBIB_SIM6_003
88. Woodrolfe, Tollesbury. A slide taken by Mary Sime.
Image ID PBIB_SIM6_005
89. Woodrolfe, Tollesbury. A slide taken by Mary Sime.
Image ID PBIB_SIM6_006
90. Bawley SAXONIA LO32 on the slipway at Tollesbury Yacht & Boatbuilding Company.
Image ID PBIB_SMA_051