61. Make you a wholesome answer. Colchester Repertory Company. By Hervey Benham
Image ID MBK_CRP_001
62. Grey Friars. Colchester's Forgotten Corner.
The seven lives of a special site, by Joan Gurney and Alan Skinner
Image ID MBK_GR2_001
63. Grey Friars. Opening the Door to Adult Education
By Dorothy Schwarz, Maggie Freeman, Alan Skinner
Image ID MBK_GR3_001
64. Mersea buses in Stanwell Street, Colchester. Herbert Green on left. Bob Woodward leaning on radiator.
Ron Green writes: Those buses were not fast by ...
Image ID MMC_P21_E
65. Sailing barge DAWN at Hythe Bridge bound for East Mills. The crew are L-R Charlie Jennings, unknown, Clarie Simmons and Buff Hedgecock.
Photo: Douglas ...
Image ID MST_BAR_001
66. Mersea Island Sea Cadet Band - Colchester High Street.
From David Mussett photo album.
Image ID MST_SCC_105
67. F.C. Winch, Wines and Spirits Merchants, Head Street, Colchester.
Frederick Clappison Winch (known as 'Clappy') was a wine merchant with this shop on ...
Image ID PMS_FCW_001
68. Paxmans. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_001
69. Paxmans - Alf Skinner and Ralph Osbourne. Britannia Works. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_003
70. Paxman 6YLX. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_005
71. Paxman 6YLX. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_009
72. Paxman 6YLX or 6YLY. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_013
73. Paxman 6YLX prototype. Britannia Works.
Image ID REA_AB4_015
74. Paxmans - diesel shunter. From The Working Life - Bill Read Photograph Album 4.
Image ID REA_AB4_017
75. Barge MAID OF THE MILL at East Mills, Colchester.
Image ID RG010008
76. Barge MAID OF THE MILL at East Mills, Colchester
Image ID RG010009
77. Colchester Hythe. The vessel on the left is MOLER VENTURE, built to carry refractory bricks from the continent. 597 grt, build 1972 by Cook at Wivenhoe. Yard ...
Image ID RG01_001
78. Owen Parry Ltd., Oil Mills, Colchester. Postcard dated 29 December 1905 with prices for "Parry" Linseed Cakes and "Parry" Cotton Cakes on the back.
See . ...
Date: Before December 1905
Image ID RG03_641
79. Back of postcard from Owen Parry Ltd, Oil Mills, Colchester. See ...
Date: Before December 1905
Image ID RG03_642
80. Hauling up Spars: After passing under the road bridge near East Mills, Colchester, the crew of the "spritty" barge LEOFLEDA winch up the gear again. Alongside ...
Date: Before May 1950
Image ID RG04_001
81. Barges DAWN and MIROSA at East Mills, Colchester
Image ID RG04_002
82. Sailing barge BEAUMONT BELLE and others at East Mills Colchester.
Image ID RG04_003
83. Colchester Hythe with the Gas Woprks in the background. COLNE DREDGER, barge LEOFLEDA or BRITISH EMPIRE ? Lighter named the CROCUS.
COLNE DREDGER was built ...
Image ID RG04_005
84. Unrigged barge LEOFLEDA at East Mills, Colchester. The barge was owned by Marriages - who owned the mills.
Image ID RG04_011
85. Barges at Colchester Hythe. On left is CENTAUR of Rochester. Bow of VERA further down the quay.
Image ID RG06_067
86. Colchester Hythe Quay. Sailing Barge CENTAUR of Rochester, Official No. 110955.
Picture used in Last Stronghold of Sail, page 17.
Image ID RG06_069
87. Colchester Hythe. Sailing barge VERA with a deck cargo of barrels. Owen Parry's Mills used to send out linseed oil in barrels - more barrels can be seen on the ...
Date: Before 1928
Image ID RG06_073
88. Colchester Hythe. A coaster on the left, several barges beyond. View looking upstream towards Hythe Bridge.
The vessel on the left is unidentified. It ...
Image ID RG06_077
89. Colchester Hythe - view from Hythe Bridge. Sailing barges ESTHER, LANDRAIL and VERA. Steamship GEM.
GEM Official No. 81975, registered Colchester, 1881. ...
Date: Before August 1907
Image ID RG06_087
90. Sailing barge IMPERIAL of London and sailing barge PAGLESHAM at Colchester Hythe.
Image ID RG06_089