61. Aldous Successors Ltd catalogue --- page 45. Photographs of Motor Yacht JUMBO, Auxiliary Schooner FLYING CLOUD and Steam Yacht MEDEA.
Image ID BF69_001_048
62. Steam Yacht MEDEA 139 tons. Serviced by Aldous Successors Ltd.
From Lloyd's Yacht Register 1935
MEDEA built A. Stephen & Sons, Glasgow, 1904. Official ...
Image ID BF69_001_048_003
63. Designed by Hayzell Polley and built at Aldous pre 1914. Patterson at stern.
Mr Patterson's racing boat in Brightlingsea Creek.
Image ID BF69_004_001
64. Brightlingsea Regatta.
Image ID BF69_004_002
65. Brightlingsea Regatta. Photo by C.T. Humphrey, Brightlingsea
Image ID BF69_004_003
66. Brightlingsea Regatta. Photo by C.T. Humphrey
Image ID BF69_004_004
67. Brightlingsea Regatta - postcard.
Image ID BF69_004_005
68. Brightlingsea Regatta - postcard.
Image ID BF69_004_006
69. Brightlingsea Regatta - DOUSHKA. On back it says copied 1966 by courtesy of Mrs Fred Sawyer (late of "Yachtsmans Arms")
Image ID BF69_004_007
70. Captain Edward Sycamore racing the BABE, a typical small racing yacht of the time.
Used in The Northseamen page 141.
Image ID BF69_005_001
71. Crew of schooner OCEANA. Captain Death in centre. c1925.
Image ID BF69_005_002
72. The 222 ton yawl LUFRA hauled out at Stone's Brightlingsea yard, about 1895. The copper sheathing is being stripped from the bottom.
Used in The ...
Image ID BF69_005_003
73. Steam Yacht STAR OF INDIA sale brochure page 1.
Built 1888 for Sir William Pearce. Then purchased by an American gentleman who kept her for 30 years at ...
Date: After 1927
Image ID BF69_006_007
74. Brightlingsea on the Hard. Photo of postcard.
Image ID BF69_007_001
75. Brightlingsea - causeway, barges, shipyard, steam launch
Image ID BF69_007_002
76. Smack WONDER being broken up at Brightlingsea Hard. Also in picture is Roy Bacon's SHEARWATER ready for the new season.
Image ID BF69_007_003
77. The Landing Stage, Brightlingsea, 78563. Postcard. Note on envelope says Brightlingsea Hard 1919. ANT on Hard.
Image ID BF69_007_004
78. Yawl MEMORY fitting out at Brightlingsea
Image ID BF69_007_008
79. Start of smacks and yachts off East Mersea. Hospital Hulk.
Image ID BF69_007_010
80. Steam Yacht in River Colne. Photo by Miss Ruffell, Brightlingsea.
Thought to be BERYL Official Number 120472, twin triple expansion steam engines, built ...
Image ID BF69_007_011
81. The Creek, Brightlingsea. Postcard
Image ID BF69_007_012
82. Mr Seaman, fisherman of Brightlingsea. Credited with having found an oyster bed.
Image ID BF69_007_015
83. Aldous Successors Limited, Brightlingsea. Twin Screw Survey Vessel PENELOPE for Nigerian Navy. Yard No. 931, launched 30 Sept 1958. Rivetted construction, she ...
Date: After 30 September 1958
Image ID BF69_011_010
84. Aldous Successors Limited, Brightlingsea. Triple Screw Customs Cruiser CHALLENGER for Nigeria. Yard No. 862, launched 26 Nov 1954. Rivetted construction, she ...
Date: After 26 November 1954
Image ID BF69_011_012
85. Aldous Successors Limited, Brightlingsea. Single Screw Harbour Tug MISSELLELE Cameroons Deveopment Corporation.
Photograph from information sheet.
Image ID BF69_011_014
86. Aldous Successors Limited, Brightlingsea. Twin Screw Touring Launch WASIMI for Crown Agents for Nigeria Western Region. Yard No. 903 completed ...
Image ID BF69_011_015
87. Aldous Successors Limited, Brightlingsea. Single Screw Motor Barge to order of Crown Agents for use in Nigeria. Yard No. 848 launched 1953 (?).
Image ID BF69_011_020
88. All up for a clean. The shipyard tug, smacks, a French fishing boat and M.Y. FREEDOM, all up for a clean and paint on Brightlingsea Hard this weekend. ...
Date: 17 July 1939
Image ID BF69_015_001
89. Mudberths, Aldous's Yard, Brightlingsea. From an Aldous catalog.
Image ID BF69_015_005
90. Barrels, carts and skiffs keep the Hard busy. Brightlingsea hard handling sprats. This copy from a book.
Used in The Stowboaters Page 27.
Image ID BF69_015_010