61. Captain Hayzell Polley of Brightlingsea, one time master of the 224 ton schooner yacht HEARTSEASE, demonstrates a sextant to David Leather.
From: Photographs --- various
Image ID BOXB9_005_005
62. Fid Harnack - copy of photograph
Used in The Salty Shore.
Image ID BOXD_014_001_001
63. Shipyard management and workers
Image ID BOXL_026_004_010
64. William Wyatt, of West Mersea, sets up the gaff mainsail, preferred to a lug by Mersea men even for their little winkle brigs. [Last Stronghold of Sail page ...
Image ID BOXP_100_010
65. George Peggs of Brightlingsea in a typical gun punt.
Used in The Northseamen page 72.
Image ID BOXP_135_072
66. Regatta committee aboard committee smack at Wivenhoe regatta about 1910. Refreshments for members visible down main hatch.
Used in The Northseamen page 79.
Image ID BOXP_135_079
67. Husk's boatyard, Wivenhoe, about 1930. From right: John Smith, Stanley Cook (foreman), extreme left James Theobald. The small boats under construction are for ...
Image ID BOXP_135_269
68. Platters and hand rivetters at Forrestt's Wivenhoe shipyard about 1900. Typical tradesmen who founded the Colne's tradition of steel shipbuilding.
Image ID BOXP_135_293
69. Mr Charles Scott being carried by two bathers after landing at the Golf Course. Barbara Mears is on the left with Bob Munro next to her. Charles Scott's first ...
Date: 13 July 1932
Image ID BS01_033
70. From left Jim Mills (Lorna's father) 5th left Ken Cudmore 2nd back seated Tom Cudmore
Image ID CDM_003
71. Tom Cudmore
1918 Absent Voter List has Thomas John Cudmore, Fisherman, H.M.D. ST COOMBS HAVEN.
Image ID CDM_023
72. Carolyn Chatters (Carolyn Fox) and Sea Cadet John Chatters.
Image ID CFX_007
73. Captain Townshend, Jim Chaney, John Bowles, Percy Gurton, Wilkinson, ?. On board ALISON, the last yacht to be based in Tollesbury and crewed by Tollesbury ...
Image ID CG6_002
74. Crew of ENDEAVOUR 1937
Image ID CG6_011
75. Crew of ENDEAVOUR
Image ID CG6_013
76. After guard of CREOLE 54 tons.
1890-1913 569 starts, 339 prizes, 166 firsts, 132 seconds, 38 thirds, 3 fourths.
L-R Captain Charles Leavett, Sam Heard ...
Image ID CG6_035
77. S.Y. BULIMBA - name on back of card and also on jerseys of the crew.
BULIMBA ex MELISANDE, ex MONARCH, built Barrow 1883. Official No. 84268 [LRY 1935]
Image ID CG6_037
78. BULIMBA on jerseys of crew, but back of card is marked CREOLE.
Image ID CG6_041
79. Crew - GULZAR on jerseys. George Sams is written on back of photograph.
GULZAR built Southampton 1934, Official No. 163640. 2 oil engines. [LRY 1935]
Image ID CG6_045
80. M.Y. GULZAR
Image ID CG6_051
Image ID CG6_055
82. S.S. LOWTHER CASTLE. R Besket W.T.O., R.A. Young Engineer, A. Mackensie, 2 Officer, A. Jones Chief Engineer, R. Martin Engineer, F.G.R. Matthews J. Officer.
Image ID CG6_057
83. Crew of MARGARITA N.Y.Y.C.
Image ID CG6_201
Image ID CG6_255
85. Motor Yacht SHEMARA. Owner Sir Bernard Docker. Captain Tortelle and crew.
Reg Sams and Geoff Sams.
Image ID CG6_257
86. ? E. Heard - 2nd Mate
SHAMROCK 23 metre on the Clyde off Dunoon.
D. Duncan O'Neil
Captain E. Sycamore at the wheel.
Image ID CG6_259
Composite schooner built J.G. Fay & Co., Southampton, 1896. Official No. 106901 [LRY 1900, 1914]
1900 LRY gives owner as F.B. Atkinson from ...
Date: May 1908
Image ID CG6_265
88. Captain Harry Pettican and crew of SUNSHINE.
L-R Captain Pettican, Harry Milgate, Syd Mills, Eric [sic] [Ernest] Appleton (Mate), Uriah Lewis.
Image ID CG6_273
89. H.M. Yacht BRITANNIA.
H.M. King Georve V, H.M. Queen Mary, H.R.H. Prince Albert(Duke of York), H.R.H. Princess Mary.
Major Philip Hunloke, Helmsman, ...
Image ID CG6_281
90. John Chatters at Ivy Cottage, Churchfield, about 1914. The seafaring jumper from CHANCE belonged to his son Fred who was a member of the crew of this yacht ...
Image ID CHS_051