61. Journeys End, late 1920s. Mrs Mary Josephine Condon and Mrs Rhona Keenlyside at gate (Julian's Grandmother and mother)
Image ID KNL_OPA_051
62. View from West Mersea church tower. Coast Road and Yew Tree House.
Image ID LH19_026
63. Sailing and Social Club, West Mersea. From a Christmas Card.
This was a popular meeting place for wildfowlers. Mrs Hone ran the club until her death in 1970 ...
Image ID LH50_013
64. Burma Road looking towards The Victory.
Image ID LH53_017
65. High tide on Coast Road. The Green on the right.
Date: cOctober 1980
Image ID LH53_023
66. High tide on Coast Road by Clarke & Carter.
Date: cOctober 1980
Image ID LH53_024
67. Hove Hill on Coast Road.
Image ID LH53_040
68. Coast Road and houseboats. SEAHORSE on the left.
Image ID LH53_049
69. Oysters for sale on Coast Road.
Image ID LH53_050
70. St Peter's Well. A main source of water on the island for many years. It supplied local residents, the White Hart, and the school would send a water cart to ...
Image ID LH6_052
71. MOLLIETTE at West Mersea.
Image ID LIL_AB2_035
72. Clarke & Carter's yard at West Mersea - a pre war view. The floor of the old Sailing and Social Club is lower right - it had been burnt out and rebuilt further ...
Image ID LIL_OPA_025
73. The Old Lifeboat Shed. Winter Moorings. Watercolour by Edwin Meayers.
Published as a Christmas Card with title "The Coast Road in Winter" by Mersea Island ...
Date: March 2004
Image ID MEY_005
74. Uncle Whitey Mussett, (Aunt Maud's husband). By the barometer at the Square, Coast Road.
On the right is Kenny Bacon - on bicycle with acetylene light.
Image ID MIL_OPA_093
75. Sooty Mussett, Ted Vince. On Coast Road with Gowens in the background.
Front row 1. Ted Vince, 2., 3. (old) John Milgate, 4., 5. Sotty Mussett.
Image ID MIL_OPA_135
76. There are two concrete boats in this picture. On the left is CRETACRE, built Hamworthy in 1918 and owned in Mersea 1933-38. In the centre is MOLLIETTE - a well ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_177
77. The Old Oyster Shed on Coast Road, threatened with a future in corporate entertainment. From Mistral, Journal of the Mersea Island Society, 2002 page 37.
Date: January 2002
Image ID MIS_2002_039_001
78. Mersea History 33.
Spectators near the Oyster shed - Cobmarsh Day.
Date: 29 July 2006
Image ID MLD_HWK_035
79. Mersea History Walk 34.
The last oyster pit to be built (by Michael and Patrick Dawson) (before the EU regulations required exposure to ultra violet light ...
Date: 21 July 2006
Image ID MLD_HWK_036
80. Mersea History Walk 36.
Coast Inn (previous names were Willow Lodge, Dinos, Fernandos, Sailing & Social Club or Soc 'n Sail.)
Date: 21 July 2006
Image ID MLD_HWK_038
81. Hove Creek, with Coast Road behind. Oysterman on the right with a tendle on his arm and another on the ground, wearing the canvas smock much favoured by many of ...
Date: Before 1928
Image ID MMC_L198_027
82. St Peter's Meadow from Hove Creek. GREY GULL, CK144, owned by Bunny and Bill Cook.
Date: Before 1984
Image ID MMC_P1005_003
83. St Peter's Meadow from Hove Creek. GREY GULL, CK144, owned by Bunny and Bill Cook. They regularly fitted out both the GREY GULL and their bumkin STELLA here ...
Image ID MMC_P1005_004
84. Yachts on slipway at Clarke & Carter's yard.
Image ID MMC_P1005_008
85. Hove Creek and the houseboats from Hove Hill. The tall funnel of SEAHORSE can be seen - she was not in her final resting place which was nearer Coast Road.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_010
86. The Houseboats, West Mersea. ERYCINA, COLUMBINE, EVANDRA (Fifie) formerly WMYC headquarters, in background. M.Y. FREBELLE II, owned by Bert Hines, Aldham Hall. ...
Image ID MMC_P755_003
87. Rose Bank Hill, West Mersea. W.H. Tilstone's Series postcard.
Image ID MMC_P755_005
88. Hove Creek - smacksmen are setting their trawls on the marsh beside the creek, with Jim Cook senior (in white) sitting on beam. Half a dozen smacks can be seen ...
Image ID MMC_P755_017
89. Ted Woolfe's Oyster pits, West Mersea - emptying for next tide. Bill Wyatt, when an apprentice, helped in the construction of this building.
Another copy ...
Date: Before November 1916
Image ID MMC_P755_018
90. Oyster Pits, West Mersea. The big elm tree gave nearby Elmtree House its name.
Another copy of this is postmarked 1904.
Date: Before 1904
Image ID MMC_P755_019