61. East Mersea Fort - view approximately northeast at the top. An area of interest is the low clay bank which has appeared in the beach below the Fort, marked by a ...
Date: 10 November 2020
Image ID JP01_003_003
62. WW2 pillbox on East Mersea Stone.
Essex SMR / EHER 10035.
Date: July 1990
Image ID LH20_029
63. East Mersea and River Colne looking north. Pyefleet Channel off to the left. On the edge of the mud in the centre is the beacon for the wreck of the steamer ...
Image ID LH23_285
64. Mersea Island Parish Magazine. Page 12. Christmas in East Mersea.
Date: February 1984
Image ID LH27_MPM_013
65. River Blackwater from source to sea. The cliffs by Cudmore Grove, East Mersea. The former WW2 gun and searchlight emplacements have toppled over the edge and ...
Date: cApril 1988
Image ID LH43_036_001
66. The old Dog and Pheasant East Mersea. Postcard 101936.
Image ID LH4_010
67. East Mersea Church - the East Window.
The window was given by the family of Ernest Arthur Lazarus Barlow after the end of WW1. The artist was Thomas Curtis ...
Image ID LZB_PAP_001
68. Section of Mersea Island Air Raid Precautions Map.
Image ID MAP_ARP_009
69. Grace Howard Edenborough
"This is an attempt on a start of a book to be on the life of the third daughter from memory of Mr W.M. Edenborough.
Image ID MBK_GHE_001
70. A Short History of the Parish Churches of East Mersea and West Mersea. Pages 4 and 5.
East Mersea Parish Church Saint Edmund, King and Martyr.
Image ID MBK_HMC_1974_006
71. A Short History of the Parish Churches of East Mersea and West Mersea. Pages 26 and 27.
East Mersea Church interior 1912.
The Parish Church of Saint ...
Image ID MBK_HMC_1974_028
72. Homeland Handy Guides - Mersea Island. Page 2. East Mersea Church.
Image ID MD02_006
73. Mersea Island Directory page 7.
Date: August 1991
Image ID MD1991_007
74. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. Winter 1968 / 1969. Page 9.
An old woman looks back - memories of Mrs Isabella "Rose" Dawson, from Alan ...
Date: July 1968
Image ID MIS_1968_009
75. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1985. Page 13.
Local churches. 3. St. Edmund, King and Martyr, East Mersea.
[ author unknown ...
Date: January 1985
Image ID MIS_1985_017
76. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 2005 Page 15.
Mystery Bones are Returned to Rest
The remains of a man unearthed more than a century ...
Date: February 2005
Image ID MIS_2005_017
77. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 2009 Page 43.
Fen Farm by Wenda Lord contd.
More people wished to bring their tents and ...
Date: March 2009
Image ID MIS_2009_045
78. Sarah Wrench was Not a Witch
From Tony Clifton and Janis Meanley - Churchwardens, St Edmund King & Martyr, East Mersea
The myth about the ...
Date: January 2017
Image ID ML2017_001_L19_002
79. Heather closes Mehalah's
Some thirty years ago Heather Haward set up The Company Shed which she ran before turning it over to her daughter. She missed ...
Date: October 2019
Image ID ML2019_010_004_001
80. Dog and Pheasant Public House, East Mersea.
Date: 15 August 2007
Image ID MLD_PUB_003
81. River Colne, East Mersea. Postcard 146881 from Bell's Photo Co. Ltd, Westcliff on Sea.
Image ID MM2013_MEA_025
82. The Marsh and Sea, East Mersea. Postcard No. 2728, unposted. There are two huts on the beach - one would have been for the ferry to Brightlingsea.
Image ID MM2013_MEA_027
83. Dog & Pheasant, East Mersea, with donor's great uncle outside, centre. Licensee is J.C. Hoy.
Image ID MMC_2010_10_008_F
84. Small photograph - marked "Mrs Cowell" and "E. Mersea".
Bill 'Cutty' Cutts on the left of the group.
See Museum004/MMC_L197_019_001.jpg for back.
Image ID MMC_L197_019
85. Coronation Villa, East Mersea, 1906.
The home and shop of the Underwood family was built in 1902. Robert Underwood ran his carrier business from the ...
Date: Before 1935
Image ID MMC_L362_007
86. Waiting for the Brightlingsea Ferry. East Mersea Stone ferry hut. Postcard 101932 postmarked Aug 1935.
Date: Before August 1935
Image ID MMC_L366_003
87. Golf House, East Mersea. Postcard 101934. Used in A Short History of Mersea by Elsie Karbacz.
Image ID MMC_P362_011
88. East Mersea Church "arcade". Box pews. Paraffin lighting.
Wall painting in niche to the left of the side altar. In 1962 a figure was placed in this niche. ...
Date: Before 1913
Image ID MMC_P559
89. East Mersea Golf Club. Members assembling on the verandah of the clubhouse on the opening day for the full 18 hole course.
The photograph was tucked into ...
Date: 5 April 1929
Image ID MMC_P747C_001
90. East Mersea Church
Image ID MMC_P755_104