61. Posts in the mud about 200 yds East of Seaview Avenue, West Mersea, visible at low tide. They are believed by some, but not all, to be an Anglo-Saxon fish weir ...
Date: 9 July 2006
Image ID DIS07_FWR_SVW_0295
62. Kiddiesland from the sea. Kiddiesland was developed during the 1930s to provide a permanent site for children from London to spend their holidays. In addition ...
Image ID DIS2003_EMF_072
63. East Mersea School in the 1930s.
L-R 1: Phyllis Richer 2: Joyce Marriage 3: Elsie Goodrum 4: Harold Johnson 5: Maurice Johnson 6: Charles Farthing 7: ...
Image ID DIS2003_EMF_082
64. Home Farm, East Mersea. The farmhouse was demolished in the 1950s, roof tiles from the house were re-used on the present bungalow. Postcard 101902.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_011
65. Pond was on the east side of Weir Farm, is now filled in.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_053
66. East Mersea Hall.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_071
67. The Bungalows, Sunny Beach, East Mersea. This became known as Coopers Beach. The chalets were replaced by caravans by 2000.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_074
68. Cosway's Caravan Site in East Mersea was developed in the 1950s.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_081
69. Mersea Yachting. Picture is of yacht SONYA.
Poster for 2004 Summer Exhibition.
Date: May 2004
Image ID DIS2004_POS
70. Penfold's DIY, Barfield Road, West Mersea, formerly Clifford White Builders.
At the height of the blaze 5 fire appliances and an aerial ladder from Colchester ...
Date: 20 April 1999
Image ID DIS2006_FIR_N07
71. West Mersea Fire Brigade - crew of 2004.
Left to right Back row Robert Dean, lan Moncur, Nigel Balls
Middle row Mick James, Maurice Board, Gary ...
Image ID DIS2006_FIR_N16
72. The Fisherman's Cottage, Mersea Museum
Date: 16 May 2007
Image ID DIS2007_COT_003
73. French Family Tree, from the 2007 Museum Exhibition.
Date: November 2008
Image ID DIS2007_FRE_001
74. Paul Jasper
Date: 12 May 2007
Image ID DIS2007_MUS_005
75. Hewes Family Tree. The Museum had a large display on the Hewes family in 2008 - details in Displays/2008Museum/Hewes.
Misc details from above.
Date: April 2008
Image ID DIS2008_HEW_001
76. The Hewes Family - tree and photographs.
Mersea Museum 2008 Summer Exhibition.
Date: 4 September 2008
Image ID DIS2008_HEW_003
77. 2008 Summer Exhibition - Womens Land Army
Date: 4 September 2008
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_001
78. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_109
79. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_110
80. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_111
81. Ruby Tucker née Balls in Women's Land Army uniform.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_120
82. Margaret Penfold drove a milk delivery van in the Halstead area while in the Women's Land Army. Cream Line Dairy, Chelmsford.
Accession No. 2016-10-003F
Date: cSeptember 1943
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_121
83. Margaret Penfold, Women's Land Army.
Accession No. 2016_10_003E
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_122
84. Land Girls at Nazeing in a variety of working clothes. Mary, Joan, Dorren, Mac, Peggy
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_126
85. Mrs Doris Northwood (right) and Phylis Northwood (sister in law) - in the Women's Land Army in the Nazeing area.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_127
86. Women's Land Army. Used on Abbotts Hall page in 2008 Land Army exhibition.
Photograph from Essex Wildlife May 2005
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_132
87. Women's Land Army. Babs [Newman ?] right on front row
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_151
88. Women's Land Army Release Certificate for Miss Doris Laura Smith, now known as Babs Newman.
Date: 2 November 1945
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_153
89. Women's Land Army. From Molly ?
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_161
90. We are confident that this is the wedding of Elsie Anna Farthing and John Lungley on 11 February 1905 (it has been professionally dated to c1901 - ...
Date: 11 February 1905
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_002