61. The Hard, causeway on the left. West Mersea Yacht Club in the centre.
Image ID DC3_008
62. The Causeway. 1960s ?
Image ID DC8_051
63. Salvaging PIONEER CK18. On the trolley at Wyatt's slip. At last the remains can be seen - the most complete Class 1 Colchester smack in existence.
Image ID DIS2004_PNR_PIC11
64. Dabchicks Sailing Club, West Mersea
Photo supplied by Sue and Paddy Ryan.
Date: c29 July 2005
Image ID DORY_DAB_004
65. Sailing barge CLIFF loading hay on Mersea Hard. Registered Ipswich and built Ipswich 1858, probably by Bayley. Main owner J Cobbold Ipswich. Official No. ...
Image ID DP090001
66. The Old City. Watercolour by Fid Harnack, RSMA, donated to Mersea Museum October 2012 by Jeremy and Suki Cohen.
Image ID FID_003
67. After the Great Flood of 1953 - the scene opposite Gowens. The mine was used to fundraise for Shipwrecked Mariners.
From Album 1.
Date: 1 February 1953
Image ID FL01_079_002
68. High tide on Coast Road in the 1980s. Albert Clarke trying to cope with more than enough water - he probably really needed a smoke [Owen Fletcher].
Image ID FL01_081_002
69. High tide on Coast Road in the 1980s. Albert Clarke trying to cope with more than enough water - he probably really needed a smoke [Owen Fletcher].
Image ID FL01_081_003
70. Vine Cottage at the top of The Lane.
From Album 2.
Image ID FL02_025_002
71. L-R 1. William Nice, 2. Jack Owen, 3. Margaret Owen, 4. Liz Owen, 5. Arthur Owen, 6. Frank Nice
From Album 2.
Image ID FL02_053_001
72. Friday evening, all ready for the Regatta. CK123, CK134 DIANA.
From Album 5.
Date: August 1994
Image ID FL05_002_002
73. Alice Reed's shop next to Gowens on Coast Road. Alice Reed née Hewes was Owen's grandmother. Alice used the shop when Owen's great grandfather John Hewes ...
Image ID FL05_023_001
74. The Hard. Burton Hewes centre. The Legend on right. 1940s ?
From Album 5.
Image ID FL05_031_001
75. Coast Road and the Yacht Club - after the 1953 Flood
From Album 6.
Date: February 1953
Image ID FL06_018_002
76. The Old Victory at the end of Coast Road. Note the two storeys high cigarette hoarding on the right belonging to my great grandfather John Hewes who kept a ...
Image ID FL08_001_001
77. Fred Smith's bakers cart down the 'City End' by the old Victory. John Woods just visible on the left.
Wm Wyatt with brushes. Miss Smith and Miss Bagworth ...
Image ID FL10_007_001
78. High Tide at the City. 'Old' Victory in the centre. On the right, Cornerways still has three storeys.
From Album 10.
Image ID FL10_015_005
79. Peter French and Beryl Milgate - on the Causeway during the Big Freeze of 1963.
From Album 10.
Date: cFebruary 1963
Image ID FL10_019_005
80. The Victory, old City, West Mersea. Colchester Brewing Co. W. Trim proprietor. Wines & Spirits.
This pub was closed around 1907 when the new Victory Hotel ...
Date: Before 1907
Image ID FL12_027_001
81. Norman (Snowball) & Lou Hewes outside the Old Victory.
Louisa was born 1897 and Norman 1901, children of Henry and Sarah Hewes.
Image ID FL14_017
82. Hard MERSEA LASS. Peter French
Image ID FRP_OPA_005
83. 1st Mersea Girl Guides - crabbing on the causeway
Date: 26 June 2015
Image ID GG08_1752
84. Mersea Hard, A.J. Hempstead
Image ID HBD_005
85. Removing lead from the keel of a yacht on Stone Hill Hard.
Used in "Isle of Mersea" by Brian Jay photo no.42
Image ID HBD_007
86. The MARIQUITA on the Hard in 1939 to have her 40 ton lead keel removed. Geoff. Hempstead stands alongside and the barge VICTA 67085 can be seen in the ...
Date: November 1939
Image ID HBD_039
87. Clarke & Carter, Coast Road, West Mersea
Image ID HEA_OPA_031
88. ROSENA CK65 on the Hard behind CK166 GOLDEN CHANCE built Wyatt 1948 for George Stoker 21.6'loa 8.6'beam. PORT ERROLL bow on the left.
Image ID HEA_OPA_039
89. A.J. Hempstead 1939 on West Mersea Hard. Felling the mast of MARIQUITA. Barge VICTA is on the right, Official No. 67085. ANACONDA left ?.
VICTA built 1874, ...
Date: cSeptember 1939
Image ID HEM_OPA_005
90. L'ESPERANCE on Hard about 1918 to have her lead keel removed. The soldier is thought to be a member of the Ingleby family, who owned L'ESPERANCE in the years ...
Image ID HEM_OPA_137