61. Peldon School House. It was on the east end of the school. We do not know the people or the date of the picture. The damage in the brickwork that has been...
Image ID MCH_005
Added 2019-02-10 17:39:50
62. Outside Rose Cottage, Peldon Post Office.
L-R Rene Taylor, Valerie, girlfriend of Uncle Doug.
Image ID TLR_PST_021
Added 2019-01-30 10:38:35
63. Peldon Post Office, Rose Cottage. Post Lady Rene Ponder nee Taylor.
Image ID TLR_PST_013
Added 2019-01-30 10:36:02
64. Peldon Post Office
Date: cJune 1953
Image ID TLR_PST_011
Added 2019-01-30 10:34:32
65. Men dressed up for an event - but not yet identified. Ponder family ?
Image ID TLR_PDR_023
Added 2019-01-30 09:51:48
66. Hillside Cottage, Peldon. Harry (Henry Augustus) and Mabel Ponder. The child is thought to be Robert (Bob) - their youngest son.
Image ID TLR_PDR_021
Added 2019-01-30 09:49:43
67. Bob and Rene Ponder
Image ID TLR_PDR_015
Added 2019-01-30 09:47:55
68. Irene ( Renee ) and Bob Ponder, outside Peldon Post Office
Image ID TLR_PDR_003
Added 2019-01-30 09:39:50
69. Robert Gilbert 'Bob' Ponder on his motorcyle JYO257, outside Peldon Post Office at Rose Cottage.
Image ID TLR_PDR_001
Added 2019-01-30 09:38:13
70. Emma Beaumont née Ovens 11 January 1872 to 14 October 1952. She is buried Stanway Church.
She was mother to Albert Edward; Herbert Baden, who is...
Image ID TLR_EBM_001
Added 2019-01-30 09:34:58
71. Bob Ponder. Champion Leeks at Five Parishes Show.
Image ID TLR_PDR_031
Added 2019-01-30 09:33:46
72. Emily Beaumont née Purbrick and Albert Edward Beaumont.
Emily was Albert's second wife, and was Postmistress at Peldon for several years.
Image ID TLR_AEB_011
Added 2019-01-30 09:29:44
73. Albert Edward Beaumont, born in 1898 to Albert and Emma Beaumont (nee Ovens) at Lexden, Colchester, Essex.
Albert Senior died when Albert Edward was...
Image ID TLR_AEB_001
Added 2019-01-30 09:28:04
74. Irene Mary 'Renee' Beaumont
This photo was carried by George in his wallet in Normandy. The tank crew recovered it before they had to leave his body in...
Image ID TLR_IMB_023
Added 2019-01-30 09:22:35
75. Lance Serjeant George Alfred Taylor. 319743. Killed in action 8 June 1944.
At the going down of the sun
and in the morning
We will remember...
Image ID TLR_GAT_209
Added 2019-01-30 09:16:14
76. George Alfred Taylor to the right.
Image ID TLR_GAT_107
Added 2019-01-30 07:56:01
77. "Arab before she went for salvage 1943".
George Alfred Taylor 3rd from left.
Image ID TLR_GAT_105
Added 2019-01-30 07:53:22
78. George Alfred Taylor upper right. They are in front of 1940 Loyd Personnel carrier No. T26529.
Image ID TLR_GAT_101
Added 2019-01-30 07:49:43
79. Wedding of George Alfred Taylor and Irene Mary Beaumont at Cropthorne, Worcestershire.
L-R 1. Nellie Taylor nee Shotton (mother of groom), 2. George Taylr...
Date: 22 April 1944
Image ID TLR_GAT_023
Added 2019-01-30 07:45:05
80. Wedding of George Alfred Taylor and Irene Mary 'Renee' Beaumont at Cropthorne, Worcestershire on 22 April 1944, just a few weeks before George was killed 8 June...
Date: 22 April 1944
Image ID TLR_GAT_021
Added 2019-01-30 07:43:14
81. George Alfred James Taylor, 24th Lancers, Royal Armoured Corps.
Born Pershore, Worcestershire 13 December 1919. He died in Normandy 8 June 1944.
Image ID TLR_GAT_013
Added 2019-01-30 07:41:38
82. George Alfred Taylor, Lance Serjeant; "A" Squadron., 24th Lancers. Royal Armoured Corps
Image ID TLR_GAT_011
Added 2019-01-30 07:40:06
83. Anne Millatt with her cousin Rosemary in the School garden at Birch. The School House is in the background - the greenhouse with attached workshop and shed, a...
Date: August 1959
Image ID TBM_SCH_105
Added 2019-01-27 21:04:09
84. The backyard at School House, Birch. Peter Millatt on the ground, Anne Millatt, Auntie Maud Townhill from Yorkshire, and James Arthur Millatt shelling peas -...
Image ID TBM_SCH_103
Added 2019-01-27 21:00:11
85. The backyard at School House, Birch. Betty Millatt with Peter on her knee. Anne Millatt on the right. The seat was one of a number that had come from the church...
Image ID TBM_SCH_101
Added 2019-01-27 20:57:25
86. St Mary's Parish Church, Peldon, with the chancel blocked off.
It was 'condemned' by a surveyor as being unsafe in 1939, just as WW2 had begun. His advice...
Image ID PH01_163
Added 2019-01-26 15:35:13
87. School Party.
Round the table from left 1. Mr Sanders, 2. Diana Slater, 3. Martin Balls (from Peldon), 4. Pauline Hempstead (Mrs Wareing), 5. Carole...
Image ID NHP_051
Added 2019-01-25 22:17:09
88. Ian with his mother Margery and father Vic Michell. Ian was killed shortly after this photo was taken.
Image ID NHP_047
Added 2019-01-24 21:12:30
89. Ian Michell with his 410 shotgun.
Image ID NHP_045
Added 2019-01-24 21:10:20
90. Fountain Cottages, Queens Corner, West Mersea. An early photograph.
Marjorie and John Hamilton-Peters bought the right hand two cottages and made them...
Image ID NHP_043
Added 2019-01-24 17:18:03