91. Queenie Crozier, possibly at Orleans, West Mersea. Ida Eleanor Drane was Queenie's aunt and was housekeeper at Orleans c1930.
Image ID KBC_001
Added 2021-01-19 15:53:43
92. Peldon Church - South wall showing Roman bricks and rubble from the previous church.
Date: 2 January 2021
Image ID PH01_CHC_035
Added 2021-01-10 19:55:04
93. Peldon Church - South wall showing Roman bricks and rubble from the previous church.
Date: 2 January 2021
Image ID PH01_CHC_033
Added 2021-01-10 19:50:23
94. St Mary the Virgin Parish Church, Peldon, Essex
Date: 28 January 2018
Image ID PH01_CHC_031
Added 2021-01-08 20:54:14
95. Ron Pottinger, age 101. Christmas Day 2020. Ron was the pilot of the Typhoon aircraft that crashed in the River Blackwater March 1944.
Date: 25 December 2020
Image ID MPO_003
Added 2021-01-06 07:00:58
96. Ron Pottinger in front of a Hawker Typhoon at Manston in Kent. In March 1944 he was pilot of Typhoon R8895 which crashed in the River Blackwater.
Image ID MPO_001
Added 2021-01-06 06:49:17
97. Wigborough Football Team, who played in a field behind the Kings Head. William Johnson is sitting in the front, holding the football.
Image ID GWG_KHD_011
Added 2021-01-04 16:59:59
98. Great Wigborough School early 1920s. William Johnson is standing on his own in the back row from the right.
Image ID GWG_SCH_003
Added 2021-01-04 16:55:10
99. Great Wigborough School early 1920s. William Johnson is 5th from the right in the back row. He was born 1911 and lived at Staffords Corner.
Image ID GWG_SCH_001
Added 2021-01-04 16:47:34
100. Francis & Guilders' barge BEAUMONT BELLE at a pre-war West Mersea Town Regatta. The young man to the left of centre in a dark jacket is Ted Woolf, the man on ...
Image ID RG25_673
Added 2021-01-03 16:03:48
101. View from the Church Porch - Peldon
From "St Mary the Virgin Church Peldon" by Rev. A.W. Gough opposite page 25.
Image ID MBK_PEL_030
Added 2020-12-26 17:04:40
102. Peldon Church Interior c1912 showing the old chancel and oil lamps. Postcard 83143.
From "St Mary the Virgin Church Peldon" by Rev. A.W. Gough ...
Image ID MBK_PEL_029_003
Added 2020-12-26 17:02:20
103. The Rev. E.G. Bowring, M.A. Rector of Peldon 1911 - 1930.
From "St Mary the Virgin Peldon" by Rev. A.W. Gough opposite page 24
Image ID MBK_PEL_029_002
Added 2020-12-26 16:59:13
104. The Rev. D. Lindsay Johnson, M.A., Rector of Peldon 1895 - 1911.
From St Mary the Virgin Peldon by Rev. A.W. Gough opposite page 24.
Image ID MBK_PEL_029_001
Added 2020-12-26 16:55:07
105. St Mary the Virgin Parish Church Peldon by Rev. A.W. Gough opposite page 9.
The Norman Door to the Church Tower c1400.
Image ID MBK_PEL_012
Added 2020-12-26 12:08:51
106. St Mary the Virgin Parish Church Peldon by Rev. A.W. Gough opposite page 8
Church and people: a monthly Family service
Electric Heating has been ...
Date: After 1964
Image ID MBK_PEL_011
Added 2020-12-26 12:03:45
107. West Mersea High Street looking South. Postcard 14389 Mailed 29 May 1923 to Miss N. McQuarrie Oban from Shamrock House, West Mersea. The card reads
Date: Before May 1923
Image ID RG25_669
Added 2020-12-26 10:09:38
108. Barges at steam mill, Battlesbridge
Image ID RLD_BBR_017
Added 2020-12-26 09:35:33
109. Harry (Bluff) Havers the local huffler at Battlesbridge, on board barge PERCY.
The 1871 West Mersea Census shows Henry (Harry) Havers living in a ...
Image ID RLD_BBR_015
Added 2020-12-26 09:33:23
110. Unknown barge at the Granary, BattlesBridge. Barge Inn in the background.
Image ID RLD_BBR_013
Added 2020-12-26 09:31:59
111. Barge MARJORIE by the Granary, Battlesbridge
Image ID RLD_BBR_011
Added 2020-12-26 09:31:01
112. Six barges trapped by east wind at Battlesbridge
Image ID RLD_BBR_009
Added 2020-12-26 09:29:39
113. Housebarge HASTE AWAY at Battlesbridge
Image ID RLD_BBR_007
Added 2020-12-26 09:28:18
114. Unknown barge at Battlesbridge
Image ID RLD_BBR_005
Added 2020-12-26 09:27:07
115. Stumpie barge BEATRICE MAUD in upper Crouch.
Image ID RLD_BBR_003
Added 2020-12-26 09:25:06
116. Barge BEATRICE MAUD in the ice at Battlesbridge.
Image ID RLD_BBR_001
Added 2020-12-26 09:23:02
117. STURDY - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
499 tons, built Tczew, Poland, 1973. Renamed STEADY 1984, STURDY 1989, EAGLE 1996, ALEJANDRA - 1996, LAZARUS ...
Image ID CGT_003_027
Added 2020-12-21 11:08:46
118. PAVO - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built 1960 at Fikkers, Foxhol, Netherlands, as PAVONIS. 384 tons.
Renamed PAVO 1975, PHOENIX 1992. No longer ...
Image ID CGT_003_025
Added 2020-12-21 11:07:21
119. KRYSTLE - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Appingedam, Netherlands, as DONGEBORG 1961 399 tons. Renamed 74 VISSERSBANK 1974, AEGEAN WIND 1977, RENE ...
Image ID CGT_003_021
Added 2020-12-21 11:06:09
120. CARRICK of Guernsey - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Westerbroek 1954 EDDYSTONE, ON 341957 LR 5096872 475 tons. Renamed CARRICK 1980 and broken up ...
Image ID CGT_003_023
Added 2020-12-21 11:04:28