91. Captain Green's ELISE CK299 of Wivenhoe and Captain Richard Cranfield's ELLEN of Rowhedge pass Harris' shipyard where both were built, in Rowhedge Regatta about ...
From: Gaff Rig / Smacks
Image ID BOXB3_094_001_001
92. PYEFLEET II on trials 6 June 1930 with representatives of the fishery company and the builders on board. The motor paddler was only partially successful and was ...
From: Gaff Rig / Smacks
Date: 6 June 1930
Image ID BOXB3_302_001_001
93. A quiet interlude during war. Wooden motor minesweeper FY PT 1044 is towed to the fitting out berth after launch from Wivenhoe Shipyard Ltd., in 1943. The river ...
Date: 30 December 1943
Image ID BOXB5_014_026
94. Rowhedge Ironworks Ship No. 705 steel motor yacht UMBRINA ready for launch.
Built for an American owner.
Used in The Northseamen page 317.
From: Photographs --- various
Image ID BOXB9_005_004
95. Rowhedge Regatta c1905. Rowing Race. Smacks & E.Wade's bumkin.
Postcard Smiths 952P.
Image ID BOXL_026_002_005
96. LAUNCHING DAY was always a great occasion. HMS ICKWORTH goes down the ways in 1954. From Essex County Standard 3 July 1964.
But, the caption is in error ...
Image ID BOXL_041_001_001
97. Aerial view of Rowhedge with sandworks in foreground. 3 barges loading and one towing up river. No source or date marked.
Used in River Colne Shipbuilders ...
Image ID BOXL_041_004_004
98. Harris Brothers' yacht yard at Rowhedge, 1893. A cruising yawl fitting out, alongside. The Rowhedge smack WONDER, on slipway in centre, being lengthened six ...
Image ID BOXP_135_265
99. Girl Guides page 5. 1st Rowhedge Company
Image ID GG07_005
100. Girl Guides page 5. 1st Rowhedge Company. Thinking Day.
Back rows 1., 2. Margaret Nice, 3. Glenys Sargent, 3. Pat Cooper, 4., 5., 6. Doreen Parker, 7. Rita ...
Image ID GG07_005_001
101. Girl Guides - 1st Rowhedge Brownie Pack - page 6.
Image ID GG07_007
102. TARGET. Designed ad built by The Rowhedge Ironworks Co. Ltd., Shipbuilders and Engineers. Colchester.
Ship No. 526. 1936.
Builder's name plate from ...
Image ID IA01_021
103. Rowhedge - aerial view looking north.
Image ID LC1_THM_RIW_PIC02
104. Launch of one of the wooden minesweepers built by Rowhedge Ironworks at Wivenhoe.
Image ID LC1_THM_RIW_PIC10
105. Rowhedge Ironworks - Rowhedge Shipyard FC. Finae Salter(?) cup v Tollesbury Layer Rd 21 May 1945 result 5:2
Back row 6th from left Albert Cook.
Date: 21 May 1945
Image ID LC1_THM_RIW_PIC13
106. Tanker BEN HANN launched from Rowhedge Ironworks.
Yard No. 585 Official No. 167403.
Date: 25 January 1940
Image ID LC1_THM_RIW_PIC18
107. Rowhedge Ironworks. Houston.
Image ID LC1_THM_RIW_PIC26
108. East Donyland School 1920
Image ID LIL_OPA_133
109. Firemen in heatwave hot seat. Miles of scorched earth, blackened trees. The scene on Donyland Heath after 150 firemen fought the Colchester area's worst fire ...
Date: 10 August 1990
Image ID MST_OPA_437
110. Indenture Spring Robert Wyncoll to J.A. Puxley, East Donyland
This Indenture Witnesseth That Spring Robert Wyncoll
of the age of Sixteen ...
Date: 22 May 1885
Image ID MSY_SPR_012
111. Rowbotham's CHARTSMAN in Rowhedge Reach.
Small original photograph by R. Cannon.
Built 1944 as tanker EMPIRE BOXER 1944 Rowhedge Ironworks Yard ...
Image ID RG25_305
112. RIVER TAMAR approaching Rowhedge on the River Colne after sailing from Colchester. Built 1981 by James Cook, Wivenhoe, yard no. 1465, 538 grt, IMO No. 8018936. ...
Date: 24 April 1988
Image ID SHP_SAN_720
113. RIVER TAMAR approaching Rowhedge on the River Colne after sailing from Colchester. Built 1981 by James Cook, Wivenhoe, yard no. 1465, 538 grt, IMO No. 8018936. ...
Date: 24 April 1988
Image ID SHP_SAN_722
114. ALSTON approaching Rowhedge after leaving Colchester. An effluent tanker, she was previously LEADSMAN-1985, IMO No. 6818526, built 1968. Renamed ALS-1997, ...
Image ID SHP_SAN_732
115. Effluent tanker SCAMMONDEN II passing Rowhedge on the River Colne, after sailing from Colchester.
IMO No. 5299967, built 1962, 813 tons gross.
Image ID SHP_SAN_734
116. JENNIFER leaving Rowhedge Wharf, River Colne. Built 1966 Seitas, Hamburg, 499 tons gross. IMO No. 6616887.
Capsized and lost near Masirah 17 May 2000.
Image ID SHP_STC_596
117. HOOP passing Rowhedge after sailing from Colchester.
Built 1957 460 grt. Ex HOOPRIDE. IMO No. 5226738.
Image ID SHP_STC_598
118. ERLENHAIN at Rowhedge. Built 1968 IMO No. 6804551.
Image ID SHP_STC_600
119. AREND at Rowhedge. IMO No. 6620864
Image ID SHP_STC_606
120. CAROLINE at Rowhedge on the River Colne. Date not known. IMO No. 5102889.
Image ID SHP_STC_612