91. Gowen & Co., Sailmakers, West Mersea.
Image ID GOW_OPA_099
92. Smack VARUNA CK442 being launched after a complete rebuild at David Patient's Fullbridge yard. David is in the cab driving the crane.
Published in ...
Date: 9 September 2017
Image ID GRD_001_038
93. Clarke & Carter, Coast Road, West Mersea
Image ID HEA_OPA_031
94. JULIA on launch day at Wyatt's boatyard. Cassell French with bike on left.
Image ID IA02_143
95. Clarke & Carter, Boat Builders, Shipwrights, Yacht Outfitters etc. West Mersea. The boatyard before WW2.
Framed photograph from G.M. Morris, West End ...
Date: Before 1939
Image ID JCR_001
96. Clarke & Carter's spar loft. From Ship & Boat Builder 1956.
Robert Ponder working on the mast. His brother Bernard also worked at Clarke & Carter, in the ...
Image ID LC1_AB2_PIC39
97. Cole & Wiggins yard, Leigh on Sea.
Image ID LC1_AB3_PIC27
98. Launch of one of the wooden minesweepers built by Rowhedge Ironworks at Wivenhoe.
Image ID LC1_THM_RIW_PIC10
99. Rowhedge Ironworks - Rowhedge Shipyard FC. Finae Salter(?) cup v Tollesbury Layer Rd 21 May 1945 result 5:2
Back row 6th from left Albert Cook.
Date: 21 May 1945
Image ID LC1_THM_RIW_PIC13
100. Tanker BEN HANN launched from Rowhedge Ironworks.
Yard No. 585 Official No. 167403.
Date: 25 January 1940
Image ID LC1_THM_RIW_PIC18
101. Rowhedge Ironworks. Houston.
Image ID LC1_THM_RIW_PIC26
102. Ben Clarke's yard in The Lane, c1960.
Image ID LIL_AB1_067
103. Ben Clarke's yard in The Lane.
Image ID LIL_AB1_069
104. Clarke & Carter's yard at West Mersea - a pre war view. The floor of the old Sailing and Social Club is lower right - it had been burnt out and rebuilt further ...
Image ID LIL_OPA_025
105. Clarke & Carter - a pre war view.
Image ID LIL_OPA_029
106. Rowhedge Ironworks
Image ID LIL_OPA_131
107. JULIA on launch day at Wyatts. Simon Cutts.
Image ID MIL_OPA_529
108. Don Pye Memorium
Don Pye, yacht designer and a partner in Holman & Pye died on August 20th, aged 92, and was cremated on Thursday 19th ...
Date: October 2019
Image ID ML2019_010_004_002
109. Yachts on slipway at Clarke & Carter's yard.
Image ID MMC_P1005_008
110. Gowens Sailmakers in wartime.
Back L-R 1. Ken Gowen, 2. Walter Stannard, 3. Freddie French, 4. Beat Green, 5. Harry Milgate, 6. Jim Mussett, 7. Bob South ...
Image ID MMC_P655
111. Wivenhoe Shipyard - launch of minesweeper J537. Managing Director Mr Buckingham is standing extreme right, next to Rowhedge manager Frank Butcher. [Rowhedge ...
Image ID MMC_P668_004
112. Ship launch, probably a wooden minesweeper at Wivenhoe, and either MMS113, MMS114 or MMS115.
There is what looks like a Japanese flag as part of the ...
Image ID MMC_P668_029
113. Jack Emeny at Wyatt's
Image ID MNY_OPA_001
114. Jack Emeny on the right
Image ID MNY_OPA_005
115. Wyatts Boatbuilders at Essex Show in the 1950s. Harold Cutts & Jack Emeny
Image ID MNY_OPA_007
116. SIR RAY / JULIA built by Wyatt's
Image ID MNY_OPA_009
117. Wyatt SIR RAY / JULIA
Image ID MNY_OPA_011
118. Perhaps SILVER SPRAY CK163 built at Wyatt's for Leslie French in 1948.
Image ID MNY_OPA_013
119. Clarke & Carter boatyard at West Mersea. The big shed was built in the 1930s.
Image ID MSY_001
120. An unknown boatyard with an interesting selection of boats. The nearest is a steam launch.
Image ID MSY_005