91. Rose Bank Hill, West Mersea. W.H. Tilstone's Series postcard.
Image ID MMC_P755_005
92. Hove Creek - smacksmen are setting their trawls on the marsh beside the creek, with Jim Cook senior (in white) sitting on beam. Half a dozen smacks can be seen ...
Image ID MMC_P755_017
93. Ted Woolfe's Oyster pits, West Mersea - emptying for next tide. Bill Wyatt, when an apprentice, helped in the construction of this building.
Another copy ...
Date: Before November 1916
Image ID MMC_P755_018
94. Oyster Pits, West Mersea. The big elm tree gave nearby Elmtree House its name.
Another copy of this is postmarked 1904.
Date: Before 1904
Image ID MMC_P755_019
95. Hove Creek, working on a trawl. Jim Cook Snr in white.
Image ID MMC_P755_023
96. Journeys End, Coast Road, now West Mersea Yacht Club.
Image ID MMC_P755_030
97. Road near Yachting Club, West Mersea. Coast Road looking from near Orleans. Coastguard hut on extreme left. Another copy of this card was posted 1904.
Date: Before 1904
Image ID MMC_P755_059
98. By the Cliffs, West Mersea. Coast Road with St. Peters Road on the left. Ivy Dene is the third house from the left. Another copy of this postcard was mailed ...
Date: Before 1913
Image ID MMC_P755_086
99. By the Creek, West Mersea. Coast Road. Postcard mailed 24 December 1906
Date: Before December 1906
Image ID MMC_P756_C
100. MOLLIETTE, club in the 1930s. Later known as the Quarters Club. She broke her back when being pulled out of the mud berth, and it was then suggested she should ...
Image ID MMC_P756_J
101. Oyster Beds, West Mersea. View from Coast Road.
Image ID MMC_P762_A
102. Victory Dock. Dutch barges 1950s. The Dutch barge in the centre with the light hull is the BRIES and the larger Dutch barge behind her is the ...
Image ID MMC_P762_H
103. Hove Creek. "Mr Jim Mussett" is written on back. Another copy has caption "Harold Cutts aged 22-23", and yet another copy "Hove Creek - Clarke Mussett and Jack ...
Image ID MST_OPA_037
104. Coast Road 1949 Clarke & Carter's slipway.
Image ID MW1_OPA_013
105. Clarke & Carter's on Coast Road - yacht MALWEN, built by Stanley Hills.
Image ID MW1_OPA_051
106. The concrete vessel on the right is thought to be CRETACRE, which was owned in West Mersea from 1933 to 1938. Ron Green can remember staging or seating being ...
Image ID MW1_OPA_079
107. View from Coast Road, West Mersea, by the Clarke & Carter slipway. Dutch barge on the left Dutch barge - is this JENNY ? [RG].
Another copy of this card ...
Date: Before 1951
Image ID PG2_197
108. Lane by the Waterside, West Mersea. Coast Road with the Square on the left. Barometer mounted in the wall. Postcard mailed 10 August 1906
Date: Before August 1906
Image ID PG2_237
109. The Oyster Pits, West Mersea. The 'old oyster sheds' on Coast Road, just above upper centre, were demolished January 2011.
Postcard 148254 by Bells Photo ...
Date: Before 1959
Image ID PG2_247
110. Coast Road, West Mersea. West Mersea Urban District Council Byelaw sign over the railings, and a glimpse of the yacht SEAHORSE beyond it. Postcard 29025.
Image ID PG2_375
111. Regatta Day 2. Band playing on the green. Postcard by Hammond, Great Totham, posted 24 August 1912
Date: August 1911
Image ID PG2_461
112. Buzzon at High Tide, West Mersea. House boats - AVEL and PEGGOTY upper right ? Smacks in the creek in the distance. Another copy of this postcard was mailed ...
Date: Before August 1928
Image ID PG2_505
113. Coast Road - the houseboat SEAHORSE prominent in the distance.
Image ID PHS_OPA_007
114. Clarke & Carter's slipway by Coast Road
Image ID PHS_OPA_009
115. Clarke and Carter's slipway with the Legend on the extreme right.
Image ID PHS_OPA_011
116. Snowy view from Coast Road, by Ted Woolf's oyster pits. CK26. Thought to be 1958.
The framed picture is on the wall in a house in Australia.
Image ID PMS_011
117. The Yachting Centre, West Mersea. Oyster pits along the Coast Road. WINNIE.
In the 1980s, Owen Fletcher wrote "Old timelayings at the ...
Image ID PMS_PCD_003
118. The Yacht Club, West Mersea. Postcard 149337.
Date: Before 1941
Image ID PMS_PCD_009
119. Frozen sea at Mersea, January 1940, photograph taken by Howard Winch, Pauline's father. The back of the photo says "View from near Hard & Yacht Club, West ...
Date: 26 January 1940
Image ID PMS_WIN_025
120. The icy winter of 1940 - a photograph taken by Pauline's father. The handwriting on the back says "The man might be Alfred Woolf of Church Fields, West Mersea". ...
Date: January 1940
Image ID PMS_WIN_027