91. East Mersea. List of Rectors.
The Living in the Presentation of The Prior and Convent of Prittlewell Benedictine.
Date: 6 November 2011
Image ID PG1_EMP_001
92. East Mersea Dog and Pheasant, before the new part was added to the front in the 1920s. The sign on the front says C. & W. R. Seabrook's Fine Pale & Mild Ales & ...
Date: Before 1915
Image ID PG2_217
93. The Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's fine pale and mild ales and porter. Landlord J.H. Death.
Postcard mailed 18 August 1918
Date: Before August 1918
Image ID PG2_221
94. Cascade and paddling pool, Kiddiesland, East Mersea.
Kiddiesland was built by Mr F. Ingram from Potters Bar to give holidays to poor children from London. It ...
Image ID PG2_381
95. The Cabin and Moorings, East Mersea. Postcard 101908.
Image ID PG2_387
96. The Marshes between Mersea Golf Course and the Colne Estuary.
View looking towards the ferry and River Colne. The prominent hut is for the ferry. There is ...
Date: Before 1941
Image ID PMS_PCD_007
97. Police Sergeant Tony Butcher and Police Constable David Passfield recovering a skeleton found on the beach by Coopers Beach, East Mersea.
Image ID PP4_SKL_001
98. Police Sergeant Tony Butcher and Police Constable David Passfield recovering a skeleton found on the beach by Coopers Beach, East Mersea. The old chalets at ...
Image ID PP4_SKL_003
99. Police Sergeant Tony Butcher and Police Constable David Passfield recovering a skeleton found on the beach by Coopers Beach, East Mersea.
Image ID PP4_SKL_005
100. Police Sergeant Tony Butcher and Police Constable David Passfield recovering a skeleton found on the beach by Coopers Beach, East Mersea. The old chalets at ...
Image ID PP4_SKL_007
101. The Essex Shore - a magic lantern slide by Arthur R. Smith. The view is along the East Mersea shore towards the lane which comes down from East Mersea church. ...
Image ID RG03_001
102. East Mersea School.
Back row: Phyllis Richer, Joyce Marriage, Elsie Goodrum.
Middle row: 1. Harold Johnson, 2. Maurice Johnson, 3. Charles Farthing, ...
Image ID RG03_033
103. Inside the Strict Baptist Meeting House in Meeting Lane, East Mersea, demolished before WW2. Pulpit. End of the harmonium on the left.
Image ID RG03_395
104. East Mersea Parish Church, 1905. An early photo of the church. Note the twin five bar gates into the churchyard and also the stile built to give parishioners ...
Date: Before 1905
Image ID RG03_691
105. A 1905 photograph showing the pair of cottages at East Mersea which have since been redeveloped as one cottage and renamed Thatched Cottage. Postcard 78461.
Image ID RG03_951
106. Land Girls threshing at East Hall, East Mersea.
Doris on the left.
The lady on top of the cart is one of the Dooleys [comment by Mr ...
Image ID RG050110
107. East Mersea Church - painting by a "well known artist", done whilst he was at East Mersea on military service. It is thought this was reproduced postcard size ...
Date: 9 June 1940
Image ID RG050130
108. East Mersea Church. Postcard by Hammond, Great Totham - which dates it to around 1911.
Image ID RG11_379
109. East Mersea Rectory.
Image ID RG11_381
110. Coopers Beach, East Mersea.
Image ID RG11_385
111. East Mersea Church - interior. Postcard 101900.
Image ID RG11_387
112. North Farm [East Mersea]. G. Farthing.
There is a copy of this picture in Essex Record Office J.B. Bennett collection - it says c1910 / 1920, demolished ...
Image ID RG14_009
113. Baptist Chapel, Meeting Lane, East Mersea.
The old Meeting House stood in Meeting Lane. Mr. Appleby, with the bowler hat, preached here every Sunday. Bill ...
Image ID RUD_MTG_001
114. Pyefleet Channel looking east with Pewit Island prominent near the Centre. Brightlingsea is in the distance left of centre and St. Osyth wind turbines on the ...
Date: 27 April 2014
Image ID SBB_3130
115. The eastern end of Mersea Island looking towards the River Colne, Brightlingsea and Point Clear.
Part of a collection of aerial views of Mersea taken by ...
Date: 27 April 2014
Image ID SBB_3137
116. Reeves Hall, East Mersea, lower right, looking northwest.
Part of a collection of aerial views of Mersea taken by Stacey Belbin. If you are interested in ...
Date: 27 April 2014
Image ID SBB_3307
117. The choir, East Mersea Parish Church.
L-R back 1., 2., 3. Reverend East, 4., 5., 6. Pat French, 7.
Front 1., 2., 3., 4., 5., 6.
Reverend Walter ...
Image ID SKP_001
118. Home Farm, East Mersea. Postcard No 146889.
About 1939 Home farm, East Road, East Mersea, was farmed by Mr Reed. It was demolished in the early 1950s by Mr ...
Image ID SKP_011
119. The Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea. Postcard undated
Image ID SKP_015
120. Kiddiesland, East Mersea. Postcard 146886.
Image ID SKP_303