91. Heather and David Green 'down the Hard'.
Image ID HH06_203
92. The Old City, West Mersea
Image ID HWC_AB2_015
93. Wyatt's Hard, West Mersea. Postcard 149342.
Image ID HWC_AB3_019
94. Waterfront view. Gowens, Wyatt's slipway.
Image ID HWC_AB3_023
95. Harold Cutts outside chandlery shop of Wm Wyatt Ltd.
Image ID HWC_AB4_024
96. The causeway during the hard winter 1962/1963.
Date: cFebruary 1963
Image ID HWC_WIN_005
97. The Hard in the cold winter of 1940. Photograph from Blanche Hewes.
Date: 23 January 1940
Image ID HWG_001
98. High tide at the bottom of The Lane. Photograph from Blanche Hewes.
Date: 1 March 1949
Image ID HWG_003
99. Barges on the Hard at Mersea. SEA SPRAY on the right.
Image ID IA004152
100. Sea Scouts on the Mersea foreshore. The late Hugh Markham.
Possibly 1950s. Photo donated by Andrew Sales.
Image ID IA01_881
101. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3110. Coast Road, the Hard. The hulk on the mud upper left is the PIONEER before she was rescued.
Image ID JBA_286
102. Jack Botham aerial photograph 9129A. The Hard, Wyatt's slipway, Gowens, Dabchicks, Old Victory, Coast Road.
Date: After 1962
Image ID JBA_316
103. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3736. Old Victory, the Lane, Gowens. View looking East.
Image ID JBA_322
104. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3637. Old City, Wyatt's, Gowens, City Road. Cherry Cottage in the Lane is visible - demolished soon after March 1961.
Date: Before March 1961
Image ID JBA_332
105. Clarke & Carter, Boat Builders, Shipwrights, Yacht Outfitters etc. West Mersea. The boatyard before WW2.
Framed photograph from G.M. Morris, West End ...
Date: Before 1939
Image ID JCR_001
106. Harry and Joyce Keene outside the Old Victory. 'Bunts'.
Image ID JKN_063
107. High tide at the bottom of the Lane. Old Victory in the background. Punt.
Image ID LH15_089
108. 1987 Hurricane.
Date: 16 October 1987
Image ID LH3_011
109. High Tide at the bottom of The Lane. G884NNG (G was used for car registrations in 1989/90). Dinghy from CK144 NIGHTJAR with Bill Read holding the bow. Chrissie ...
Date: After 1989
Image ID LH45_020
110. High tide at the Hard in front of West Mersea Yacht Club.
Date: cOctober 1980
Image ID LH52_004
111. The Old City, West Mersea. Postcard 14399.
Image ID LH55_002
112. Boats on the Hard.
Date: c16 October 1987
Image ID LH62_003
113. Clarke & Carter - a pre war view.
Image ID LIL_OPA_029
114. Causeway at the Hard on Coast Road. Ella and Burton Hewes. Early 1930s. Lilywhite postcard WM3.
Image ID LIL_OPA_047
115. The Hard. Postcard C23 mailed 1922
Date: Before 1922
Image ID LIL_OPA_063
116. Petrol pumps at the Hard
Image ID LIL_OPA_157
117. The Nothe, West Mersea, Essex. William Trego Webb and Isabel Webb lived here 1930-1945. They had all of the cottage except the southern end.
William and ...
Date: Before 1953
Image ID LUC_AB1_003
118. Old City, West Mersea. Girls with pram on Coast Road with the Lane and the Old Victory beyond them.
Date: Before 1953
Image ID LUC_AB1_045
119. The Creek at High Water, West Mersea. Coast Road. Postcard mailed 8 August 1915.
Date: Before 8 August 1915
Image ID MEL_005
120. The Cottages by The Lane, West Mersea. Watercolour by Edwin Meayers.
Prints of this painting are available in the Museum Shop.
[Print using this ...
Image ID MEY_001