91. Great Eastern bus at the Strood, Mersea Island. BJ329.
Great Eastern was the second bus company to run service from North Station to White Hart.
Date: Before 11 March 1907
Image ID MMC_P719B
92. The Strood, West Mersea. Motorcycle & sidecar on the right, registration F5095. The photographer's transport ?
View 78494 from multiview postcard ...
Image ID MMC_P755_007_001
93. The Strood, West Mersea
Image ID MMC_P755_108
94. The Strood, West Mersea. There are telegraph poles but not yet any electicity poles. Hammond photograph.
Image ID MMC_P755_126
95. The Mill on the Strood by L.B. Haines. Booklet published by Mersea Island Museum Trust.
Accession No. 2006.06.002D
Image ID MPUB_MOS_001
96. The Mill on the Strood by L.B. Haines. Page 2.
Map of area at north end of the Strood showing location of tide mill, tidal basin and barrier. The area ...
Image ID MPUB_MOS_002_001
97. The Mill on the Strood by L.B. Haines. Page 7.
Map of Strood area showing location of Tidal Basin and Hard.
Image ID MPUB_MOS_007_001
98. A windy day by Bonner's Barn - the view through Pat's windscreen window. The bus in the ditch was bringing children from TLA back to Mersea. The lorry is ...
Date: 25 January 1990
Image ID PAT_004_001
99. Crossing the Strood under difficulties, West Mersea. Postcard mailed 3 August 1938
Date: Before August 1938
Image ID PG2_151
100. The Strood at high tide, looking inland. Contractors working on the right beyond the car. Open top car no TW537.
Postcard 135962. TW registrations were ...
Image ID PG2_179
101. Solder and sailor silhouettes at the Strood - erected on the Centenary of the end of WW1.
Photo: Karen Springett
Date: 9 November 2018
Image ID PH01_153
102. Memorials to six First World War casualties at the Peldon side of the Strood.
Date: 15 September 2019
Image ID PH01_231
103. May 2015 Des Kaliszewski sailed his barge CYGNET up Pyefleet to the Strood. It is many years since barges regularly came up to the Strood to unload at the wharf ...
Date: 22 May 2015
Image ID PP4_CYG_828
104. Eastern National Bristol double decker bus ONO80 crossing the Strood onto Mersea Island at high tide.
The photograph is part of Ron's extensive collection ...
Date: March 1963
Image ID RFR_001
105. The sailing barge P.A.M. unloading Kentish ragstone at Mersea Strood 1946/7. Two locals and two Ukrainians. Photo by Captain George Blake, master of ...
Image ID RG03_371
106. Sailing barge NELLIE PARKER at Mersea Strood. Bullnose Morris car.
Date: September 1927
Image ID RG03_373
107. Ghosts at Mersea Strood. Most of the tales of ghosts are of Roman Centurions crossing teh Strood. Did they travel by Eastern National bus, or is this just a ...
Image ID RG03_411
108. Barge unloading ragstone at the Strood, Mersea Island, August 1937. Johnny Dixon ?
Much Kentish ragstone was brought by barge to Essex, for repairing sea ...
Date: August 1937
Image ID RG03_463
109. Mersea Strood. Barge NELLIE PARKER in centre. Berrys' Gilford Model 1680T 31 seat Coach VX7875, purchased by Eastern National in 1937 Fleet No 3701.
Date: Before 1931
Image ID RG03_471
110. Mersea Strood in the early 1930s. Barge NELLIE PARKER.
Image ID RG03_473
111. Barge (FANNY ?) at the Strood. Postcard 78493 postmarked 4 February 1930.
Date: Before February 1930
Image ID RG06_105
112. Mersea Strood No.35. Taken from the West Mersea road. Postcard 80900, mailed 7 August 1922.
Date: Before August 1922
Image ID RG15_001
113. This picture is taken from an advertisement for the motor car but the barge, THE BROWNIE, is of more interest!. She was owned by Owen Parry Oil Mills, ...
Image ID RG17_241
114. Barge VERONICA at the Strood, believed to be loaded with tarmacadam 1930s. A well known racing barge. Photograph from Barry Pearce of Maldon.
Image ID RG23_211
115. Berry's bus crossing the Strood. LC7804 ? Postcard 80909. This is an early picture of LC7804, as it had been changed significantly by the time pictures were ...
Date: Before 1919
Image ID RG25_231
116. Base of early electricity poles at the Strood. The poles were cut down and the wires laid in the mud, but the concrete base remains ...
Image ID RG25_345
117. Barge VICTA, used as a houseboat by the Strood.
VICTA built 1874, Official No. 67085, formerly & CO.
Image ID RG27_555
118. The Strood looking towards Colchester. Lower right is the broken sea wall and area that has gone back to saltings.
Date: 26 October 2010
Image ID RUD_AER_047
119. View southwest across the western side of Mersea Island to the Blackwater. The Strood is in the centre.
Part of a collection of aerial views of Mersea ...
Date: 27 April 2014
Image ID SBB_3162
120. View south across Mersea Island to the River Blackwater. Strood on the left.
Part of a collection of aerial views of Mersea taken by Stacey Belbin. If you ...
Date: 27 April 2014
Image ID SBB_3173