1. Wayside Cottage, Peldon, showing earthquake damage.
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID PH01_EQK_005
Added 2020-03-31 14:29:42
2. Plaque attached to Wayside Cottage, Peldon
This building was severely damaged in the Essex Earthquake 22 April 1884
The Rural Community Council of ...
Date: 22 April 1884
Image ID PH01_EQK_003
Added 2020-03-31 14:26:35
3. Hearsum's shop at the side of the St Johns Street bus park in Colchester. This is on the west side of the bus park.
L-R a busman, Robert Hearsum - Bob's ...
Date: Before 1939
Image ID RG25_621
Added 2020-03-29 10:33:12
4. View from Layer Breton Causeway, when the Reservoir was low in 1997.
Image ID PH01_ARV_017
Added 2020-03-22 21:22:19
5. Sand barge sunk off East Mersea. By the wreck of the Lowlands. The tug is TOM JAY - built 1948 by Richards, Lowestoft. 67grt. 415bhp 4x102bhp Gardner diesel ...
Date: After 1977
Image ID RSM_GUN_005
Added 2020-03-14 15:09:59
6. Sponsored walk in aid of Radio Colchester - Hospital Radio, at West Mersea. Passing the Parish Church.
Original photo source not known - reference 12029 ...
Image ID RSM_GUN_001
Added 2020-03-14 14:58:15
7. West Mersea Practice Surgery in Kingsland Road. Built as a community project funded by shares bought by supporters. Opened 29 August 1979.
A brief ...
Date: 8 November 2009
Image ID MPUB_SUR_007_001
Added 2020-03-13 19:51:49
8. Mandeville in Willoughby Avenue - the first house on Mersea for the Bush family. Formerly the home of Beryl Wish who was married to Captain Wish. The house was ...
Date: December 2009
Image ID MPUB_SUR_003_001
Added 2020-03-13 17:28:07
9. A brief history of West Mersea General Practice from 1971, by Alison Bush
Date: December 2009
Image ID MPUB_SUR_001
Added 2020-03-13 17:14:54
10. Boats on Peter Clarke's slipway, West Mersea.
Second from the left is SCEPTRE, originally a ship's lifeboat, and for many years a workboat for Clarke & ...
Date: 4 August 2019
Image ID TM8_0486
Added 2020-03-09 09:59:50
11. The plaque from the Strood describing the 51 memorial soldiers and sailors that were there for a year from 11 November 1918.
NOT JUST A NA ...
Date: 7 March 2020
Image ID DIS2020_SOL_009
Added 2020-03-07 19:51:20
12. World War 1 Memorial Soldiers and Sailors at Mersea Museum. 51 soldiers and sailors were displayed along the Strood for a year from 11th November 2018, ...
Date: 7 March 2020
Image ID DIS2020_SOL_005
Added 2020-03-07 19:41:07
13. West Mersea Parish Church - fitting the new clock face. S. Michlmayr & Co., Norwich.
Image ID PAT_2005_CHC_011
Added 2020-03-07 16:56:34
14. West Mersea Parish Church - fitting the new clock face. S. Michlmayr & Co., Norwich.
Image ID PAT_2005_CHC_009
Added 2020-03-07 16:53:33
15. West Mersea Parish Church - Bill Norman and the new clock face.
Image ID PAT_2005_CHC_007
Added 2020-03-07 16:52:28
16. West Mersea Parish Church - replacing the clock face. S. Michlmayr & Co., Norwich.
Image ID PAT_2005_CHC_003
Added 2020-03-07 16:47:53
17. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook back cover.
Lubrication by Shell
Image ID MIGC_1934_026
Added 2020-03-05 16:53:13
18. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook page 23.
Country Homes. Gilbert Rowley, High Street, West Mersea
Image ID MIGC_1934_025
Added 2020-03-05 16:46:23
19. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook page 22.
Map of the district.
Image ID MIGC_1934_024
Added 2020-03-05 16:39:47
20. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook page 20.
Chase & Son, Headgate, Colchester. Fish, Poultry, Oysters
Milk direct from cow to consumer. H.J. ...
Image ID MIGC_1934_022
Added 2020-03-05 16:36:50
21. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook pages 18 and 19
A Name to Remember. Primrose Garage, High Street, West Mersea
East Mersea cond - by Percy ...
Image ID MIGC_1934_020
Added 2020-03-05 16:33:33
22. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook pages 16 and 17.
Mersea Island contd.
The Club Dormy Houses
Image ID MIGC_1934_018
Added 2020-03-05 16:29:43
23. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook page 15.
Holes and Bogey contd
10. The Fort - a block-house or fort stood near the 10th green as far back as ...
Image ID MIGC_1934_017
Added 2020-03-05 16:28:10
24. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook page 14.
The 18th Green and Club House
Image ID MIGC_1934_016
Added 2020-03-05 16:26:42
25. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook pages 12 and 13.
Mothersole & Co., Wine Merchants, 5 Head Street, Colchester
Holes and ...
Image ID MIGC_1934_014
Added 2020-03-05 16:23:42
26. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook page 11.
Image ID MIGC_1934_013
Added 2020-03-05 16:22:11
27. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook page 10
The 8th Fairway with Dormy Houses in background. Photo by Douglas Went
Image ID MIGC_1934_012
Added 2020-03-05 16:19:58
28. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook pages 8 and 9.
Routes by Rail, Road and Sea
The Club and Course
Image ID MIGC_1934_010
Added 2020-03-05 16:18:51
29. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook page 7.
Image ID MIGC_1934_009
Added 2020-03-05 16:17:15
30. Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook page 6.
The 1st Tee
Image ID MIGC_1934_008
Added 2020-03-05 16:15:29