1. Abberton Reservoir expansion project
the story so far
Essex and Suffolk Water
Date: June 1994
Image ID ARV_BK1_001
2. Smack KATE. Built 1883, registered at times as MN81, CK139, CK52. Photograph at Peldon.
Image ID CML_007
3. Smacks at Peldon. The nearest is SHAMROCK.
Image ID CML_013
4. Land Girls Edna Smy née Dallas, Rose, Emmy, Bunny Webb or Bunny Reynolds (tractor driver) working near Peldon Rose 1942
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_129
5. Edna Smy née Dallas. Peldon Hostel 1941. Women's Land Army.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_130
6. Under the Plough - for the first time in history, Pete Tye Common lying between Peldon and Abberton has come under the plough.
Death of Miss A.M. ...
Date: 6 June 1942
Image ID DM1_AB3_020_005
7. Bean Family History by Willoughby John Bean
[S.E. Bean contd.]
and I expect he saw that the army was no use without spending money in addition to pay, ...
Image ID FBP_042
8. Moor Farm, Colchester Road, Peldon. At one time up to 500 Indian Runner Ducks were kept on the pond (now filled in).
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_012_001
9. Hunt meet outside Peldon Rose. On the right talking are Pearl Cross from Waldegraves Farm West Mersea and Edward Martin from Moor Farm Peldon.
From Album ...
Date: Before 1940
Image ID FL03_016_001
10. Blacksmith Hill, Peldon. Hammond postcard
Image ID GWC_001
11. Peldon - outside the Plough. A boy is working the village pump and behind him is the Old Cottage, run as a shop by Clem Hyam. The Post Office is further down ...
Image ID GWC_003
12. Notes from the back of a mirror that was donated to the Museum 14 January 2012. It says:
This Mirror is a part of one that was shaken from a mantleshelf ...
Date: 29 June 1884
Image ID IA004541
13. Mirror that was broken by the earthquake 22 April 1884, donated to the Museum January 2012.
A note on the back of the mirror says
"This Mirror is a ...
Date: 29 June 1884
Image ID IA004542
14. Peldon Hall Farm. A postcard by Hammond.
Image ID IA004921
15. Sailing barge CYGNET at Shell Bungalow, Peldon
Date: 23 May 2015
Image ID IA01_271
16. Small two burner paraffin stove used by donor's grandmother, Edith Hyam, from Peldon. On display in Mersea Museum.
Accession No. 2010.08.004D donated by ...
Date: 5 September 2018
Image ID IA01_845
17. Primrose Bus rounding Hyde Park Corner at the top of St Ives Hill, Peldon. Postcard was mailed from Peldon on 29th August 1922.
Date: Before August 1922
Image ID JAY_BUS_051
18. 1884 Essex Earthquake report, pages 36 and 37.
Covers Langenhoe, the Rose Inn, Peldon windmill (residence and business place of Mrs S. Went) and the ...
Image ID JB01_EREP_002
19. Jack Botham aerial photograph 9203. Peldon Rose, looking north west.
Image ID JBA_822
20. Peldon - Revd. Anthony Gough.
From a collection of Jack Botham wedding pictures.
Image ID JBM_026
21. Peldon School. The school was closed on 18 December 1942 [West Mersea School Log Book - WMS_LOG4_P114].
Image ID KBA_PEL_003
22. Kelly's 1894 Directory - Peldon or Peltington
Talbot James, Parish clerk
Smallwood George, Sub-postmaster
Smith John, Schoolmaster
Image ID KEL_1894_003
23. OS Map Essex Sheet XLVII NW Edition of 1925 - part of.
Peldon village centre
Image ID MAP_OS1925_011_001
24. Report on the East Anglian Earthquake by Meldola and White, pages 66 and 67.
Image ID MAW_P066
25. Report on the East Anglian Earthquake by Meldola and White, pages 68 and 69.
Peldon. The Rose Inn, Peldon Mill.
Peet Tye Hall (Langenhoe) and Moor ...
Image ID MAW_P068
26. Report on the East Anglian Earthquake by Meldola and White, pages 70 and 71.
Peldon contd. Twisted Chimney at the Rose Inn, Peldon.
Strood Villa, ...
Image ID MAW_P070
27. Map and Guide to Mersea Island. Page 34. Peldon Rose. One of the notable inns of Essex. Proprietor B.I. Pullen.
Image ID MD20_042
28. After the 1953 flood. The main Colchester - Mersea Road was impassable for most of the week at Pete Tye where water returned to the site of a bridge long since ...
Date: 6 February 1953
Image ID MF01_001_040
29. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 1980 Page 10.
The Pullens of Peldon Rose, by Sybil Brand.
In the early days of the Radio ...
Image ID MIS_1980_110
30. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 1980 Page 11.
The Pullens of Peldon Rose, by Sybil Brand contd.
In a Deed dated October 1898, ...
Image ID MIS_1980_111