31. Group of ladies that took part in the Elizabethan Mersea Court Scene at the Coronation Pageant in 1953. The ladies in the back row played the role of male ...
Date: 2 June 1953
Image ID RG03_365
32. The sailing barge P.A.M. unloading Kentish ragstone at Mersea Strood 1946/7. Two locals and two Ukrainians. Photo by Captain George Blake, master of ...
Image ID RG03_371
33. Sailing barge NELLIE PARKER at Mersea Strood. Bullnose Morris car.
Date: September 1927
Image ID RG03_373
34. Bruce Cock, Arthur Cock. Badcocks Farm, Abberton
Image ID RG03_381
35. Badcocks Farm and Lake, Abberton
Image ID RG03_383
36. Vine Cottage, The Lane, West Mersea.
It is thought the lady is Ellen Cooke née Ennew 1859 - 1904 and the photo taken c1903. The children could be ...
Image ID RG03_393
37. Inside the Strict Baptist Meeting House in Meeting Lane, East Mersea, demolished before WW2.
Image ID RG03_395
38. East Road and junction with Windsor Road, now Oakwood Avenue. Looking southwest. Photo from Jenny Amos.
Image ID RG03_397
39. Peldon windmill was was on the main road almost opposite the Peldon Rose. The windmill had double shuttered anti-clockwise Patent sails driving three pairs of 4 ...
Date: Before 1900
Image ID RG03_399
40. Ghosts at Mersea Strood. Most of the tales of ghosts are of Roman Centurions crossing teh Strood. Did they travel by Eastern National bus, or is this just a ...
Image ID RG03_411
41. The Beach, West End, West Mersea. Postcard 135969. Taken at the Hard looking back up Coast Road with The Green on the left. The Legend tied up by Clarke & ...
Date: Before August 1935
Image ID RG03_421
42. Back of postcard RG03_421, posted by Billy to Geoff Moore in London 10 August 1935.
Billy says "Am looking after S.S. THESEUS here for a bit. Hope to get ...
Date: 10 August 1935
Image ID RG03_422
43. Charles Pierrepont Edwards' Conservative Garden Part, Early 1920s
Photograph used in "Old Spiery" published by Mersea Museum, which gives names:
Image ID RG03_443
44. A Primrose Bus in 1920 parked in High Street near the entrance to Captains Road prior to leaving on a school trip to London Zoo. Headmaster Mr. Green with the ...
Date: 19 July 1920
Image ID RG03_445
45. Barge unloading ragstone at the Strood, Mersea Island, August 1937. Johnny Dixon ?
Much Kentish ragstone was brought by barge to Essex, for repairing sea ...
Date: August 1937
Image ID RG03_463
46. Mersea Strood. Barge NELLIE PARKER in centre. Berrys' Gilford Model 1680T 31 seat Coach VX7875, purchased by Eastern National in 1937 Fleet No 3701.
Date: Before 1931
Image ID RG03_471
47. Mersea Strood in the early 1930s. Barge NELLIE PARKER.
Image ID RG03_473
48. Primrose Bus No. 5. Bob Woodward and Alf Stacey.
Image ID RG03_475
49. Primrose Bus to Mersea in St. Johns Street, Colchester before 1925. Fred Chatters second from the right.
Date: Before 1925
Image ID RG03_477
50. Dennis lorry VW5608 at Goldhanger when owned by A. Tredget. Ex Clifford White & Co. Ex Horace Martin.
L-R Bob Deal, Sid Sherwood.
Image ID RG03_481
51. West Mersea Fire Brigade with the wartime NFS fire engine in 1944. Photo taken the same time as ...
Image ID RG03_483
52. Mersea Island Primrose Straker Squire bus LH9097 at War Memorial, West Mersea.
Used in "Just the Ticket" by David Thornton, Plate 20.
Also used in Motor ...
Image ID RG03_485
53. Traction Engine. A regular visitor to West Mersea with the fair before the war. John Barker's Burrell No 3847 (CL4483) of 1920. 'Princess Marina' at Foxhall ...
Date: 11 April1933
Image ID RG03_487
54. Dabchicks first rescue boat during the 1962 Blackwater Barge Match.
L-R Franki Drinkall, Dad & Mum Drinkall, Bev Drinkall.
Laid up Shell tanker in ...
Image ID RG03_489
55. Sailing barge at Thorrington.
Image ID RG03_491
56. Barfield Road. Oscar & Elsie Whiting's Central Stores and house of Charles and Ida Pavey, former dairy. Demolished to make way for Coop.
Zebra crossing on ...
Image ID RG03_493
57. Coast Road by West Mersea Yacht Club. Eastern National bus waiting to leave for Colchester. Regatta Day. Joyce Pontyfix.
Date: cAugust 1947
Image ID RG03_495
58. Fair on the site of Griffon Garage, Mersea. Cresta Stores left. Chimneys in Mersea Avenue.
Image ID RG03_497
59. Arthur Cock - opening the new pavilion on the Glebe.
West Mersea Mayor Dolly Hall. Clerk of the Council Bill Carrington.
Arthur Cock's butchers van ...
Date: 23 October 1969
Image ID RG03_499
60. West Mersea Urban District Council.
L-R back 1. Ernie Vince, 2. Mr Amos, 3. Glennie Cock, 4. Reg D'Wit, 5. Les Haines.
Front 1. Betty Winch, 2. Bill ...
Date: December 1966
Image ID RG03_501