121. Aldous Successors Limited, Brightlingsea. Triple Screw Customs Cruiser CHALLENGER for Nigeria. Yard No. 862, launched 26 Nov 1954. Rivetted construction, she ...
Date: After 26 November 1954
Image ID BF69_011_012
122. Aldous Successors Limited, Brightlingsea. Single Screw Harbour Tug MISSELLELE Cameroons Deveopment Corporation.
Photograph from information sheet.
Image ID BF69_011_014
123. Aldous Successors Limited, Brightlingsea. Twin Screw Touring Launch WASIMI for Crown Agents for Nigeria Western Region. Yard No. 903 completed ...
Image ID BF69_011_015
124. Aldous Successors Limited, Brightlingsea. Single Screw Motor Barge to order of Crown Agents for use in Nigeria. Yard No. 848 launched 1953 (?).
Image ID BF69_011_019
125. Aldous Successors Limited, Brightlingsea. Single Screw Motor Barge to order of Crown Agents for use in Nigeria. Yard No. 848 launched 1953 (?).
Image ID BF69_011_020
126. All up for a clean. The shipyard tug, smacks, a French fishing boat and M.Y. FREEDOM, all up for a clean and paint on Brightlingsea Hard this weekend. ...
Date: 17 July 1939
Image ID BF69_015_001
127. River Colne. From an Aldous catalog.
Image ID BF69_015_004
128. Mudberths, Aldous's Yard, Brightlingsea. From an Aldous catalog.
Image ID BF69_015_005
129. Barrels, carts and skiffs keep the Hard busy. Brightlingsea hard handling sprats. This copy from a book.
Used in The Stowboaters Page 27.
Image ID BF69_015_010
130. The coming and going of the skiffs. CK104 CK328 SUNBEAM. Brightlingsea.
Used in The Stowboaters page 25
Image ID BF69_015_011
131. ANDRUM (?) with spinnaker leading DAME in the 2nd round from the Pyefleet Buoy. ANDRUM won the Howerd Trophy outright, winning it the 2nd time this season.
Image ID BF69_015_012
132. Washing sprats in readiness for packing. Brightlingsea.
Used in The Stowboaters page 27.
Image ID BF69_015_013
133. Hundreds of barrels of pickled sprats lie awaiting shipment in part of a Brightlingsea curer's yard in about 1932. Coopers and other workmen are checking the ...
Image ID BF69_015_014
134. Smacks in the ice. Looking up the South Channel Creek from St. Osyth Stone in a hard winter about 1929. The smacks lie to their anchors amidst the swirling snow ...
Image ID BF69_015_015
135. Ice at Brightlingsea (?).
Image ID BF69_015_017
136. Twenty-four spratting smacks were gathered in Brightlingsea Creek at the same time when this photograph of the spratting harvest was taken. They had brought in ...
Image ID BF69_015_018
| || |