1. West Street, Tollesbury. Postcard. Barclay's Bank on corner of North Road. Victoria Inn - Daniell's Ales - on the right.
Date: After January 1911
Image ID CG10_163
2. High Street, Tollesbury, looking west with Kings Head on left and Hope Inn further down on right. Postcard.
Image ID CG10_205
3. High Street, Tollesbury. Postcard No.7 mailed 20 August 1911.
Kings Head on left, licensee C.H. Wombwell.
Date: Before August 1911
Image ID CG10_209
4. High Street, Tollesbury. Hope Inn. Postcard.
Image ID CG10_219
5. Ship Ahoy, Tollesbury. Gowers Postcard No.243 posted before 1910.
The 17th Century inn was formerly named 'The Crooked Billet', then variously as 'The Hoy' ...
Date: Before 1910
Image ID CG10_421
6. Plough and Sail Hotel, Tollesbury. Gowers Postcard 242. Another copy was mailed 20 June 1908.
Date: Before June 1908
Image ID CG10_425
7. West Street, Tollesbury. Plough and Sail Commercial Hotel. G. Fisher. Postcard mailed 30 March 1907.
Used in Tollesbury Past photo 10.
Date: Before August 1905
Image ID CG10_427
8. Hope Inn, Tollesbury. Ezra Gurton and Jim Frost. Postcard.
The Hope Inn was rebuilt in this form in 1923
Date: After 1923
Image ID CG10_431
9. Hope Inn, Tollesbury. Postcard.
Date: After 1923
Image ID CG10_433
10. Kings Head Hotel, Tollesbury. Russell's Gravesend Brewery. Licensee C.H. Wombwell. Gowers Postcard mailed 21 July 1906.
Used in Tollesbury Past photo 11.
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID CG10_435
11. Kings Head Hotel, Tollesbury. Trumans Beers. Postcard marked 1938.
2016 the pub is still going strong. Paul Yull celebrated 25 years as landlord and ...
Image ID CG10_439
12. Birds Eye view Tollesbury looking northwest. Kings Head on right - Shrimp Brand Beers. Postcard 96177 mailed 22 September 1930.
Date: Before September 1930
Image ID CG10_517
13. 'Spring' outside the Kings Head, Tollesbury. Silver Jubilee Celebrations Postcard.
Date: cJune 1935
Image ID CG10_633
14. Bird's Eye View, Tollesbury, about 1925. Looking North East from the top of the church tower. Shrimp Brand Beers at the Kings Head.
Image ID CG2_032
15. Plaque carved to commemorate MV ORARI of New Zealand Shipping Company 1930 - 1958. The plaque is in the Public Bar of The Kings Head, Tollesbury.
The ORARI ...
Date: 2 December 2007
Image ID PBIB_DJG_001
16. Tollesbury Carnival. Hope Inn 1985.
Image ID TBL_TCA_516
17. Tollesbury Carnival. Hope Inn 1985.
Image ID TBL_TCA_517