1. 52 years ferrying and still going strong. Mr Mole, who has ferried ... from East Mersea to ... and back for 52 years, takes a rest from cleaning his boat, ...
Date: 15 July 1933
Image ID BOXB5_015_021
2. East Mersea Golf Club. The two Honorary Secretaries with the Challenge Cups - Mr Bishop and Barbara Mears.
Image ID BS01_001
3. Opening of full 18-hole course at Mersea Golf Club.
Abe Mitchell (St Albans) putting on the 9th green, the new Club House can be seen in the background.
Date: 5 April 1929
Image ID BS01_008
4. East Mersea Golf Club
Brigadier General R. Beale Colvin C.B. the Lord Lieutenant of Essex (in the centre of steps of new Club House) announcing the new ...
Date: 5 April 1929
Image ID BS01_017
5. The Wreck in Colne, by R.J.E. Ellis.
The story of the S.S. LOWLANDS which was torpedoed near the Girdler Sandbank 18 March 1916. She was beached on Mucking ...
Date: February 1978
Image ID CAC_1978_FEB_P14
6. Reverend East of East Mersea with his family. Revd. East was at East Mersea 1957 to 1973 and West Mersea from 1957 to 1971.
Image ID CHS_029
7. East Mersea Ferryman - Mr Horatio Mole of East Mersea who will shortly complete half a century of service as ferryman at East Mersea. He crosses at all times ...
Image ID CMA_007
8. Kiddiesland. One more dream come true.
Mr Ingram's Mersea Gift brings joy to the slus.
A charming idea will be realised on June 20, when Lady Emmott ...
Date: 30 May 1936
Image ID CN1936-MAY30_P04_001
9. Surviving earthworks of the East Mersea Blockhouse Fort. Taken from the seawall looking south.
Image ID COR2_020_001
10. The Blockhouse Fort at East Mersea.
Drawing: Cudmore Grove Country Park / Essex County Council.
Image ID COR2_020_003
11. East Mersea Parish Church - East Window in memory of Ernest Arthur Lazarus Barlow. c1920.
After the end of the Great War 1914 - 1918 the family of ...
Image ID CPK_EMP_001
12. Paper on Mersea Island read by Dr Philip Laver at AGM of Essex Archaeological Society, page 2.
East Mersea Camp.
Date: 26 April 1923
Image ID CW2_EAS_004
13. A structure that has appeared from the mud to the east of the Blockhouse Fort near East Mersea Stone. The stakes are substantial - some are a metre high. They ...
Date: 15 August 2016
Image ID CZN_021
14. East Mersea looking southeast, with East Road going up from centre to left and North Farm Lane from centre to bottom left (to Colchester Oyster Fishery).
Image ID DC3_026
15. Kiddiesland from the sea. Kiddiesland was developed during the 1930s to provide a permanent site for children from London to spend their holidays. In addition ...
Image ID DIS2003_EMF_072
16. East Mersea School in the 1930s.
L-R 1: Phyllis Richer 2: Joyce Marriage 3: Elsie Goodrum 4: Harold Johnson 5: Maurice Johnson 6: Charles Farthing 7: ...
Image ID DIS2003_EMF_082
17. Home Farm, East Mersea. The farmhouse was demolished in the 1950s, roof tiles from the house were re-used on the present bungalow. Postcard 101902.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_011
18. Pond was on the east side of Weir Farm, is now filled in.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_053
19. East Mersea Hall.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_071
20. The Bungalows, Sunny Beach, East Mersea. This became known as Coopers Beach. The chalets were replaced by caravans by 2000.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_074
21. Cosway's Caravan Site in East Mersea was developed in the 1950s.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_081
22. Golf House, East Mersea. It was erected in 1910 when the first 10 holes of the golf course were developed. Postcard 101906.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_094
23. Scholars' Presentation. On Saturday afternoon, April 15, in the Schoolroom at East Mersea, Mrs A. Martin was presented by scholars, past and present, of East ...
Date: 22 April 1939
Image ID DM1_AB2_055_004
24. Mr & Mrs Baker aboard the PANDORA - but who were the twins? See "A Link with Mehalah".
A Link with Mehalah.
The two boys in sailor suites, ...
Image ID DM1_AB5_030_001
25. Deremy's Stone, or is it? by Hugh Glover.
Top photo - A moment of ceremony - Dr Grant unveils the stone.
Left photo: John Bennett. ...
Date: 31 January 1975
Image ID DNS_VIS_003
26. East Mersea Post - Army Duty Roster. 16 December 1916 to 19 December 1916.
9.45pm Sentry reported fire about 400 yds. On investigation it proved to be a ...
Date: 17 December 1916
Image ID EMB_005
27. Royal Arms East Mersea Church. George III (1801-1816).
Formerly over Tower arch, in 1978 it was repaired, cleaned and rehung over the North Door.
Date: 20 July 2021
Image ID EMP_ARM_003
28. East Mersea Churchyard Plan
Date: June 2019
Image ID EMP_CYD_001
29. Plaque in East Mersea Parish Church
Rev. Mr John Tickell bequeathed to East Mersea, Two Hundred Pounds after Mrs Tickell's death, in the following ...
Date: 22 September 1802
Image ID EMP_TAB_001
30. The Manor of East Hall, East Mersea. Essex Review 1945.
Issue No. 213 Vl. LIV.
Date: January 1945
Image ID ERV_1945_001