1. Dawn at West Mersea - just across water from Bradwell where St. Cedd landed on his pilgrimage to bring the Christian faith to Essex. Newspaper cutting.
Image ID ATK_043
2. Barfield Road Cemetery Plot 62.
In loving memory of Annie Eliza beloved wife of Arthur Martin, died 8 January 1909. Aged 57 years.
From Elaine ...
Date: 30 July 2018
Image ID CEM_BFD_0062_001
3. Across the Marshes, West Mersea. Postcard 78497 postmarked 1938
Date: Before 1938
Image ID CLR_035
4. Putting Green and Esplanade car park, West Mersea. Postcard
Image ID CLR_105
5. Copt Hall, Little Wigborough
Image ID HWC_AB3_059
6. Jack Botham Aerial photograph 3211. Victoria Esplanade car park. Alexandra Avenue.
Image ID JBA_128
7. Greetings from West Mersea. Postcard to Miss V. Spurgeon, 54 Coggeshall Rd., Braintree. Mailed 18 May 1918.
Published by B.S. Harvey, The Postcard House. ...
Date: 18 May 1918
Image ID KGF_027
8. View from West Mersea church tower. White Hart on left. High Street. Bus waiting outside MICA.
Date: December 1990
Image ID LH19_014
9. View from West Mersea church tower. Coast Road and Yew Tree House.
Image ID LH19_026
10. View from West Mersea Church tower looking northwest. Church Road bottom right.
Image ID LH21_008
11. Boating Lake, West Mersea.
Image ID PG2_059
12. Boating Lake, West Mersea.
Image ID PG2_193
13. Evening, West Mersea. Cargo ship in the Blackwater. Postcard 84666.
Image ID PG2_287
14. Boating Lake at Shears Meadow, West Mersea. Postcard 141516 mailed 16 August 1938 to Miss Muriel Smith, Thornton Heath, Surrey.
Joan Mills in the nearest ...
Date: Before August 1938
Image ID PG2_307
15. Greetings from West Mersea
Image ID PUL_OPA_165
16. West Mersea multiview postcard 141543 by Bells.
Image ID RG11_087
17. The Esplanade, West Mersea. The concrete road with Fairhaven Cafe in the distance, taken from near the bottom of Alexandra Avenue. The new parts of Fairhaven ...
Image ID RG11_273
18. A secluded corner of the Boating Lake - Broomhills Road in the background. Now the site of Shears Crescent. Douglas & David Cooke 1936-8.
Image ID RG17_111
19. Old walnut tree at West Mersea. J. Hyde Photograph. In the garden of Yew Tree House ?
Image ID RG27_479
Image ID RMY_OPA_037
21. West Mersea postcard
Image ID RSB_009
22. West Mersea Church
Image ID SFR_230
23. "The Station Road. View on the North Side of the Queen's Estate, West Mersea."
Station Road is the present-day East Road. Garden Farm is on the ...
Date: Before 24 August 1907
Image ID SH01_001_011_002
24. Harvesting in West Mersea with corn stooks standing in the field - in Mersea these were known as traves or traives. Looking across what is known in 2009 as the ...
Date: Before 24 August 1907
Image ID SH01_001_015_001
25. West Mersea postcard.
Image ID TMPC0704
26. Rubbish tip on the old brickworks site off Kingsland Road. Houses on Rainbow Road in the distance on the right. This is now the site of Rushmere Close.
Image ID WMC_004_003
27. Rubbish tip on the old brickworks site off Kingsland Road. View looking west, with Barfield Road and the School in the distance.
Image ID WMC_004_011
28. Rubbish tip on the old brickworks site off Kingsland Road. Now Rushmere Close. To the left of the white building can be seen WMUDC Rubbish lorry, and behind it ...
Image ID WMC_004_015
| || |