61. This Trowel was used by Emily Ann, wife of the Rev Frederick Watson M.A.
Rector of Wigborough Essex on the occasion of her laying the foundation stone of ...
Date: 4 September 1885
Image ID GWG_CHC_035
62. Great Wigborough Parish Church - board in the church.
The Incorporated Society
for Building and Churches
GRANTED £18 AD 1883 ...
Image ID GWG_CHC_051
63. The New Tower of Great Wigborough Church
Newspaper cutting in Great Wigborough Church files, from Wormell Collection.
From Essex ...
Date: 12 September 1885
Image ID GWG_CHC_101
64. Here Lyeth y Bodie of Richard Wiseman who departed y World in November 1616
Slab in the nave of Great Wigborough Church, against the chancel step. It was ...
Date: 10 July 2021
Image ID GWG_CHC_118
65. Here lyeth buried the
bodie of Ann Marke
Wife of Edward Marke
deceased the fovrth
day of March in the
yeare of our Lord ...
Date: 19 July 2021
Image ID GWG_CHC_121
66. Part of slab behind the altar in Great Wigborough church. The letters are not cut into the slab but are raised. The wood rail on the right is the back rail of ...
Date: 10 July 2021
Image ID GWG_CHC_125
67. Rev. Frederick Theobald M.A. Rector 1886 - 1925
Photograph in Great Wigborough Parish Church
Image ID GWG_CHC_136
68. Ordination of Revd. Llewellyn Bullock at Great Wigborough
Photograph hanging in the vestry in Great Wigborough Church
Image ID GWG_CHC_141
69. Lords of the Manor of Abbots Hall Great Wigborough
Date: 24 September 2021
Image ID GWG_CHC_151
70. The 1884 EARTHQUAKE Great Wigborough
Tuesday April 22nd at 9.10am.
Two of the corner pinnacles were thrown down from the church tower, one ...
Date: 22 April 1884
Image ID GWG_CHC_155
71. CONSTABLES CHASE
On Monday evening Mr P.W. Christmas, of the King's Head, Great Wigborough, was told that four pedal cycles which had been left outside the ...
Date: 26 September 1931
Image ID GWG_KHD_001
72. The former King's Head at Great Wigborough from the top deck of a 176 bus.
Date: 24 August 2015
Image ID GWG_KHD_005
73. Wigborough Football Team, who played in a field behind the Kings Head. William Johnson is sitting in the front, holding the football.
Image ID GWG_KHD_011
74. Letter from Joseph Picknett 1776 to Sarah Ardley at Rivenhall.
Original letter, now mounted on a backing paper to support it.
For the background ...
Image ID GWG_PCK_001
75. Letter from Joseph Picknett 1776 to Sarah Ardley. Patchwork bag made for the letter.
Accession No. 2022.04.004C
Image ID GWG_PCK_003
76. Letter from Joseph Picknett 1776. Descriptive letter giving its origin, from SL Sewell
Accession No. 2022.04.004B
Image ID GWG_PCK_005
77. Rectory Cottages, Great Wigborough. Agnes Clarke in the photo ? Probably posted 1932, addressed to Mrs A.W. Clark, Blackheath, Colchester.
Image ID GWG_RCT_001
78. Great Wigborough School early 1920s. William Johnson is 5th from the right in the back row. He was born 1911 and lived at Staffords Corner.
Image ID GWG_SCH_001
79. Great Wigborough School early 1920s. William Johnson is standing on his own in the back row from the right.
Image ID GWG_SCH_003
80. Great Wigborough School. Group 7.
Back row 1. Amy Talbot teacher, 2. Dorothy Christmas, 3. Joe Rout 4. Hedly Theobald, 5. Edd Christmas, 6. Harold ? ...
Image ID HH06_GWG_001
81. Copt Hall, Little Wigborough
Image ID HWC_AB3_059
82. The Weir Pond, Copt Hall
Image ID HWC_AB3_061
83. Staffords Corner, Great Wigborough, before the road was re-aligned and straightened in 1967.
Photograph via Alan Skinner
Date: Before 1967
Image ID JRT_001
84. Thorp's Reliance Coaches, Wesst Mersea, Essex
Phone West Mersea 100
Image via Alan Skinner. Sent as Thorpe Timetable 7.2cm x ...
Image ID JRT_THP_001
85. Thorp's Reliance Coaches
Great Wigborough and Peldon.
Wigborough King's Head to Colchester Parking Place.
Image ID JRT_THP_003
86. Jane Sampson of Little Wigborough
1926 - 2021
Image ID JSA_001_001
87. Jane Sampson of Little Wigborough
1926 - 2021
Image ID JSA_001_003
88. Barge EVA ANNIE loading trusses of hay from a cart at Abbotts Hall, Salcott Creek. This is not the 'ship dock' but another wharf on the creek.
EVA ANNIE ...
Image ID KBA_BAR_001
89. Barge EVA ANNIE loading hay at Abbotts Hall, Salcott Creek. This was not the 'ship dock' but another wharf on the creek [Ray Baldwin].
Image ID KBA_BAR_003
90. Kelly's 1855 Directory Page 167. Great & Little Wigborough, Salcott wWgborough, & Salcott Virley
With thanks to University of Leicester - ...
Image ID KEL_1855_167