31. West Mersea Firemen. Herbert Burgess, Gordon Mussett, Edgar Jopson, Ernie Dixon.
Image ID LH17_FIRE_025
32. Beetle back Dodge Fire Engine 758JNO attending a fire in Jack Botham's kitchen in Coast Road. Howard's Stores in Church Road is in the background.
Image ID LH17_FIRE_072
33. West Mersea Firemen with Dodge fire engine 758JNO outside Melrose Road Fire Station.
L-R Oscar Whiting, Arthur Mills, Len Cole, Harold Cutts, Jim Mussett, ...
Image ID LH17_FIRE_073
34. West Mersea Fire Brigade cuttings. G. Allen, A. Garnham, J. Mussett, W. Beament, L. Harvey, O. Whiting, Harold William Cutts, L.A. Mills.
From Rose Harvey ...
Image ID LH29_002
35. 26 October 1979 Mr Geoff Green retired after nearly 51 years with Colchester Co-op.
Five year old Ian McGillivray sitting behind the wheel of a real fire ...
Image ID LH29_025
36. Fire Brigade c1939 in Melrose Road (back of Chatters). Gordon Mussett, Herbert Burgess, Edgar Jopson, Ernie Dixon.
Image ID LH60_019
37. Fire Brigade. Dennis fire engine LWC712J.
Image ID LH60_029
38. West Mersea Volunteer Fire Brigade c1929 - Horry Whitings backyard (opposite Bamborough's chemist)
L-R Jack Cook, Edgar Jopson, Gordon Mussett, Arthur ...
Image ID MB02_001
39. Fire Brigade c1938 outside Melrose Road station.
L-R Jack Cook, Gordon Mussett, Arthur Mills, Edgar Jopson, Ernie Dixon, Herbert Burgess, Jack Harvey, Alec ...
Image ID MB02_002
40. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society 1971 / 1972. Page 18.
About our Fire Brigade, by Doreen Fox
The Mersea Fire Brigade is about to move ...
Image ID MIS_1972_020
41. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society 1971 / 1972. Page 19.
To date the largest number of fires ...
About our Fire Brigade by Doreen Fox contd.
Image ID MIS_1972_021
42. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1987. Page 12.
A Review of 1986 by Peter Simpson.
January. Colonel George Fleetwood of ...
Date: January 1987
Image ID MIS_1987_019
43. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1989. Page 33.
Emergency !!! - Kathleen Haines talks to David Mussett about the Fire and Rescue ...
Date: January 1989
Image ID MIS_1989_041
44. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1989. Page 34.
Emergency !!! by Kathleen Haines.
David Mussett was awarded the British Empire ...
Date: January 1989
Image ID MIS_1989_042
45. Fire Brigade before they had uniforms, on Horry Martin's lorry in front of West Mersea Church.
L-R 1. Horry Martin, 2. Arthur Mills, 3. Edgar Jopson, 4. ...
Image ID MMC_P669_010
46. Fire Brigade with no uniforms, in 1928 in front of Horry Martin's lorry.
Firemen 1. Horry Martin 2.? 3. Edgar Jopson 4. Arthur Mills 5. Horry Whiting 6. Alec ...
Image ID MMC_P669_011
47. David Mussett.
Image ID MST_FAM_125
48. David Mussett with Edie Heywood - David's mother's sister.
Image ID MST_FAM_127
49. Gary Mussett and Sam.
Image ID MST_FAM_141
50. Hall Barn - Fireman's Dinner. See ...
Date: 7 February 1959
Image ID MST_FIR_243
51. Fire engine - the first motorised engine at West Mersea, outside the new Fire Station in Melrose Road c1935 L-R Edgar Jopson, Herbert Burgess, Gordon Mussett ...
Image ID MST_OPA_097
52. Firemen 1967 ? L-R back Len Harvey, David Mussett, Brian Dixon, Terry Gant, Joe Mussett.
Front L-R Ivan King, Bill Masters, John Farthing, Les Greenleaf
Image ID MST_OPA_101
53. Fire Brigade in 1955 at Serpentine Lake, London exercise. Green Goddess L-R David Mussett, Ivan King, Geof Mole, Reg Sales, Alfie Mole.
Image ID MST_OPA_127
54. Fire Brigade 1993 Barfield Rd L-R Back Rod Chatters, Mick Ward, Paul Watshem, Chris Mussett, Paul Davis, Garry Mussett. Front Jon Mussett, David Mussett, John ...
Image ID MST_OPA_129
55. Fire Station Barfield Road 1993.
L-R back Rod Chatters, Kevi Graham, Paul Watsham, Chris Mussett, Jon Mussett, David Mussett. Front Paul Davis, Nick Ward, ...
Image ID MST_OPA_131
56. Fire Brigade with trophy, outside Barfield Road station.
Image ID MST_OPA_311
57. Police probe blaze at derelict shop. Fire at derelict DIY shop in Barfield Road.
Image ID MST_OPA_403
58. Blaze destroys dream home. New home for West Mersea's Police Sergeant in Broomhill Road a ruin. Sergeant Terry Hymas [pictured].
Image ID MST_OPA_405
59. Meet the firecrew with lifejackets. West Mersea Fire Crew with their new appliance ?NO166X. The two-year old engine has come from Colchester --- and is even ...
Image ID MST_OPA_407
60. Firemen all at sea - for charity. Councillor John Jowers seeing West Mersea Firement off from the Causeway at the start of a sponsored charity row.
Image ID MST_OPA_409