61. The Horned Lizard, by Richard Perry Bedford, 1883-1967. It dates from 1936 and was donated to the Museum by Richard Bedford's widow after his death. It is about ...
Date: 4 September 2012
Image ID TM3_3235
62. Sculpture by Richard Perry Bedford. The base is not original, and was added to improve the stability. It is known by some as 'Spring Tree' and by others as ...
Image ID TM3_3389
63. Sculpture by Richard Perry Bedford. The base is not original. It is known by some as 'Spring Tree' and by others as 'Naked Lady'.
The catalogue for The ...
Image ID TM3_3397
64. Scrollwork from the bow of the steam yacht SEAHORSE. The 1891 steam yacht became a houseboat at West Mersea, and was dismantled in 2005. The scroll work was ...
Date: March 2013
Image ID TM3_3499
65. Spitfire over the beach. The Spitfire is a replica, built and donated to the Museum by Stanley Hills. The beach is the 'beach' by the fisherman's cottage in the ...
Date: 20 April 2013
Image ID TM3_3704
66. The urn and bones from Mersea Barrow, soon after their return to Mersea in August 2014. They are on loan from Colchester and Ipswich Museums.
Date: 23 September 2014
Image ID TM3_7198
67. Bow rail of sailing barge VICTA in Mersea Museum. Official No. 67085 built Rochester 1874 and formerly named &CO. She ended her days as a houseboat alongside ...
Date: 23 September 2014
Image ID TM3_7246
68. The urn and bones from the Roman burial barrow on East Mersea Road, soon after their return to Mersea in August 2014. They are on loan from Colchester and ...
Date: 10 August 2014
Image ID TM4_1342
69. Contents of the child burial tomb discovered in 1923 between Beach Road and the Hall Barn. They were in Colchester Castle Museum until recently, and 20 April ...
Date: 21 April 2016
Image ID TM6_0916
70. Contents of a Roman child burial tomb discovered in 1923 between Beach Road and the Hall Barn. The contents were in Colchester Castle Museum until recently, and ...
Date: 23 April 2016
Image ID TM6_0930
71. Presented to Ashton Turner accompanied by a Gold Watch and Chain together with a cheque from the residents as a mark of their appreciation of the performance of ...
Date: 18 March 1925
Image ID TM7_0385
72. Mystery object, found in Barfield Road Cemetery. It is 27cm high. There are no holes in the base.
27 August 2016 Andrew Frost on Secret Mersea said "Its a ...
Date: 26 August 2016
Image ID TM7_0613
73. Aircraft enthusiast Alan Jasper visiting us from Hadleigh, Essex, to help preserve one of the aircraft propellers that were recovered some time ago from the ...
Date: 30 March 2017
Image ID TM7_0995
74. Ron Green with his father's trombone, donated to the Museum. Ron's father Leslie was a member of the Mersea Band, and the trombone is part of Mersea's musical ...
Date: 18 May 2017
Image ID TM7_6280
75. Model of smack CK103 on exhibition in the main hall at Mersea Museum. The hull was found under a bench at Ben Clarke's boatyard in The Lane. It was intended to ...
Date: 14 October 2018
Image ID TM7_8922
76. Model of smack BOADICEA CK213 on exhibition in the main hall at Mersea Museum.
The model was made in the 1950s by Michael Frost who owned BOADICEA for ...
Date: 10 October 2018
Image ID TM7_8925
| || |