1. Some of the bones dug up in 1979 behind the Coast Road cottages near the church.
Date: 3 July 2007
Image ID COR2_012_001
2. Some of the bones dug up in 1979 behind the Coast Road cottages near West Mersea church.
Date: 3 July 2007
Image ID COR2_012_003
3. Skull dug up in 1979 behind the Coast Road cottages near West Mersea church.
Image ID COR2_012_004
4. Excavation in Museum main hall to display board walk timbers. Ark Homes are working in their polythene tent within the Museum - Rod on the left and Andrew Knott ...
Date: 11 December 2017
Image ID DC10_MUS_005
5. Excavation in Museum main hall to display board walk timbers.
Date: 12 December 2017
Image ID DC10_MUS_011
6. Excavation in Museum main hall to display board walk timbers.
Date: 13 December 2017
Image ID DC10_MUS_013
7. Excavation in Museum main hall to display board walk timbers.
Date: 15 December 2017
Image ID DC10_MUS_017
8. Excavation of the pit in the Museum main hall to display board walk timbers.
Date: 19 December 2017
Image ID DC10_MUS_019
9. Excavation in Museum main hall to display board walk timbers. The hole is almost complete. Lighting, ventilation and glass over the top is still to be added.
Date: 21 December 2017
Image ID DC10_MUS_021
10. 2010 Exhibition - Medical display.
Date: 13 June 2010
Image ID DIS2010_MED_001
11. Vicki Packard and Joanne Godfrey
Date: 30 April 2011
Image ID DIS2011_001
12. Sharing one of Pat's jokes. The 2012 Attendants Meeting - Kathy Haines, Pat Kirby and Vicki Packard.
Date: 28 April 2012
Image ID DIS2012_EXH_003
13. 2012 Summer Exhibition. Samuel Hazzledine Warren, the Barrow tomb contents, Ave - Hail and Welcome.
Date: 30 April 2012
Image ID DIS2012_MUS_001
14. 2012 Summer Exhibition. Samuel Hazzledine Warren. Display cabinet with contents of the tomb from Mersea Barrow - the glass urn containing cremated bones, and ...
Date: 30 August 2012
Image ID DIS2012_MUS_005
15. Mersea Museum 2013 Summer Exhibition
Date: 29 April 2013
Image ID DIS2013_ARCH910
16. Mersea Museum 2014 Summer Exhibition.
Date: 1 May 2014
Image ID DIS2014_MUS_013
17. Kids' Corner in Mersea Museum 2006 season. The wheel was loaned by Martin Wade and had been rescued from the sailing barge UNITY by John Milgate. Nelson's Cabin ...
Date: 26 June 2006
Image ID IA003390
18. The crowd can't wait to get in - the opening of the new Resource Centre at Mersea Museum.
Date: 24 July 2010
Image ID IA003921
19. Burying the Time Capsule at Mersea Island Museum. David Cooper, Kathleen Haines and Joanne Godfrey. The Time Capsule should be opened in 2076 - 100 years since ...
Date: 15 January 2011
Image ID IA004072
20. Winter work at the Museum. David Nicholls, whose speciality is wildlife, creating a new display in the Benham Wing of the museum, showing birds in their natural ...
Date: March 2011
Image ID IA004280
21. The Museum's telephone box on the move, prior to repainting. Transport provided by Duncan Pittock.
Date: 19 January 2016
Image ID IA01_525
22. RALPH LUCKHAM GARDEN
The Committee Members of the Horticultural Society and Museum Trust gathered together to officially open the refurbished garden at the ...
Date: c20 September 1993
Image ID IA1_LUC_570
23. RALPH LUCKHAM GARDEN --- opening the refurbished Mersea Museum garden.
The Horticultural Society and the Museum Trust both contributed to a seat, which was ...
Date: c20 September 1993
Image ID IA1_LUC_571
24. Mersea Museum Guidebook by John Nichol. Front Cover.
Image ID MBK_GBK_001
25. Mersea Museum Guidebook. Front papers. Plan of Museum.
A guide to Mersea Museum by John Nicol. Copyright 1977.
Image ID MBK_GBK_004
26. Mersea Museum Guidebook. Pages 1 and 2.
Introduction. Museum was the idea of Stanley Hills. Second hand bricks used fromold cavalry barracks ...
Image ID MBK_GBK_006
27. Mersea Museum Guidebook. Pages 3 and 4.
The way the Museum works.
Image ID MBK_GBK_008
28. Mersea Museum Guidebook. Pages 7 and 8.
Transport and Engineering Section
Local History Section. Drawing of scales for weighing ...
Image ID MBK_GBK_012
29. Mersea Museum Guidebook. Pages 9 and 10.
Natural history diorama.
The Gift Stall.
Image ID MBK_GBK_014
30. Mersea Museum Guidebook. Pages 11 and 12.
What you get when you join the Trust.
Drawing of gun punt.
Image ID MBK_GBK_016