1. Smack KATE. Built 1883, registered at times as MN81, CK139, CK52. Photograph at Peldon.
Image ID CML_007
2. Smacks at Peldon. The nearest is SHAMROCK.
Image ID CML_013
3. Land Girls Edna Smy nee Dallas, Rose, Emmy, Bunny Webb or Bunny Reynolds (tractor driver) working near Peldon Rose 1942
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_129
4. Edna Smy nee Dallas. Peldon Hostel 1941. Women's Land Army.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_130
5. Moor Farm, Colchester Road, Peldon. At one time up to 500 Indian Runner Ducks were kept on the pond (now filled in).
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_012_001
6. Hunt meet outside Peldon Rose. On the right talking are Pearl Cross from Waldegraves Farm West Mersea and Edward Martin from Moor Farm Peldon.
Date: Before 1940
Image ID FL03_016_001
7. Blacksmith Hill, Peldon. Hammond postcard
Image ID GWC_001
8. Peldon - outside the Plough. A boy is working the village pump and behind him is the Old Cottage, run as a shop by Clem Hyam. The Post Office is further down...
Image ID GWC_003
9. Mirror that was broken by the earthquake 22 April 1884, donated to the Museum January 2012.
A note on the back of the mirror says
"This Mirror is a...
Date: 29 June 1884
Image ID IA004542
10. Peldon Hall Farm. A postcard by Hammond.
Image ID IA004921
11. Sailing barge CYGNET at Shell Bungalow, Peldon
Date: 23 May 2015
Image ID IA01_271
12. Small two burner paraffin stove used by donor's grandmother, Edith Hyam, from Peldon. On display in Mersea Museum.
Accession No. 2010.08.004D donated by...
Date: 5 September 2018
Image ID IA01_845
13. Primrose Bus rounding Hyde Park Corner at the top of St Ives Hill, Peldon. Postcard was mailed from Peldon on 29th August 1922.
Date: Before August 1922
Image ID JAY_BUS_051
14. Jack Botham aerial photograph 9203. Peldon Rose, looking north west.
Image ID JBA_822
15. Peldon - Revd. Anthony Gough.
From a collection of Jack Botham wedding pictures.
Image ID JBM_026
16. Peldon School. The school was closed on 18 December 1942 [West Mersea School Log Book - WMS_LOG4_P114].
Image ID KBA_PEL_003
17. OS Map Essex Sheet XLVII NW Edition of 1925 - part of.
Peldon village centre
Image ID MAP_OS1925_011_001
18. After the 1953 flood. The main Colchester - Mersea Road was impassable for most of the week at Pete Tye where water returned to the site of a bridge long since...
Date: 6 February 1953
Image ID MF01_001_040
19. Peldon Home Guard photographed outside the Peldon Rose.
Back Row 1. Edgar Reynolds, 2. Vic Sheldrake L/Cpl, 3. Will Nicholas, 4. Bruce Rainbird, 5. Bert...
Image ID MMC_P668_001
20. Peldon Steam Mill and Windmill, looking towards the Rose Inn. Posted to Miss Smith at the Fountain, West Mersea - it has no date on it.
The windmill was...
Date: Before 1900.
Image ID MMC_P755_117
21. Peldon School Centenary 1833-1933. Sent to Jean Ponder from Miss A.P. Tyrer, June 1933 - see OJR_002 for the back and OJR_003 for an unnumbered copy.
Date: June 1933
Image ID OJR_001
22. Peldon School Centenary 1833-1933. Sent to Jean Ponder from Miss A.P. Tyrer, June 1933 - see OJR_002 for the back and OJR_001 for an unnumbered copy.
Date: June 1933
Image ID OJR_003
23. Shell Bungalow, Peldon
Image ID PAM_029
24. Edgar Robert Dansie, Peldon shopkeeper.
Born Boxford, Suffolk, in 1872. Edgar married Grace Martha White from West Mersea in 1898. In 1901 he was a...
Image ID PH01_001
25. Grace Dansie nee White. Born West Mersea 1874, daughter of Samuel Cant White. She married Edgar Robert Dansie in 1898 and died in 1916.
Image ID PH01_003
26. Hyde Park Corner, Peldon. Postcard 83150.
Image ID PH01_CSH_001
27. Ornament made from shells by Ernie Richardson, who lived by the Strood in Peldon.
Date: November 2018
Image ID PH01_ERC_001
28. Blackwater sack lifter, designed and built by Stephen Wooldridge of Kemps Farm, Peldon
Image ID PH01_KSF_161
29. The man with the sheep is probably my father, Stephen Wooldridge, but it's hard to be sure. We did have sheep at one time, but mostly only arable crops and...
Image ID PH01_KSF_301
30. Ploughing - probably at Kemps Farm, Peldon or at Fingringhoe.
Image ID PH01_KSF_303