1. The Square and Church, Tollesbury. Postcard from Bell's No. 2067.
Osborne's Bedford Duple buses HG5343 and GVW591.
HG 5343 was bought January 1940 and ...
Image ID CG10_015
2. FASHODA, when the train first ran to Tollesbury. Postcard, not mailed.
The opening of the Tollesbury Railway - locomotive is FASHODA.
An Essex County ...
Date: 23 May 1904
Image ID CG17_001
3. Pier Station, Tollesbury
Tollesbury Pier Station was opened 15 January 1907. Remote at the edge of the marshes, it remained open for only 14 years. From it ...
Image ID CG17_003
4. Tollesbury Station. Postcard mailed 7 August 1915
CG17_007 is a more recent edition of this photograph with the caption:
"Tollesbury Station. Taken ...
Image ID CG17_005
5. Waiting for the train at Tollesbury. Postcard by T. Hammond, Great Totham, not mailed.
Used in Tollesbury Past, photo 37.
Image ID CG17_009
6. Tollesbury Pier Station. Postcard 63840 posted 19 October 1909 (?) to Miss Femia Cranfield, Yarama House, Rowhedge.
Date: Before October 1909
Image ID CG17_021
7. Tollesbury Pier Station. Postcard mailed 13 April 1905.
Date: October 1904
Image ID CG17_023
8. Tollesbury Station. Great Eastern Railway sign by the crossing. Postcard mailed 15 February 1907.
Date: Before February 1907
Image ID CG17_025
9. Station and waterworks, Tollesbury. Postcard by H.S. White, High Street, Tollesbury, not mailed.
The water tower was erected in 1914.
Date: After 1914
Image ID CG17_027
10. Railway - Looking towards the Pier, Tollesbury. Postcard 126388, not mailed.
Image ID CG17_031
11. 7053 at the Station. Postcard, not mailed.
Pictured in the 1930s is a mixed train arrival from Kelvedon. LNER information boards but original GER ...
Image ID CG17_041
12. LNER 7169 (ex GER) 0-6-0 tank locomotive. Tollesbury Light Railway train at Kelvedon
Image ID CG17_043
13. Tollesbury Station. Tank engine 7045. Postcard not mailed.
Image ID CG17_045
14. Station Road, Tollesbury. Dated as 1951 by D.J. Gurton, but the loco is LNER 7161. This J67 was renumber 8608 September 1946 and renumbered again to 68608 ...
Date: Before September 1946
Image ID CG17_047
15. Relic of Tollesbury Pier Station. Postcard mailed 8 August 1933.
Date: Before August 1933
Image ID CG17_051
16. Our Local Express at Tiptree. The Demon Flyer. Postcard "Dear WifeXXXX ... but not postmarked.
Image ID CG17_061
17. Your Local Express Colchester to Ardleigh. Postcard, no postmark.
Image ID CG17_063
18. Tollesbury Pier Station
Image ID CG1_002
19. Tollesbury. Postcard 126387.
Image ID CG1_003
20. The railway, Tollesbury
Image ID CG1_027
21. Coach outing in the 1950s. Tollesbury.
Image ID CG21_184
22. Railway Track, Tollesbury, Essex.
Used in "More from Tollesbury Past" by Keith Lovell, which says:
"The obsolete track to Tollesbury Pier Station is ...
Image ID CG22_070
23. The Square, Tollesbury. Osborne's bus waiting with a Witham service, JVX806, a Bedford with a Duple wartime utility body, including wooden slatted seats. JVX ...
Image ID CG2_045
24. G.W. Osborne proudly sits in his new horse drawn carrier cart which had full length seats each side for potential passengers.
Caption from back of ...
Date: Before 1919
Image ID CG3_025
25. Tollesbury Square - Women's Institute outing. Charabancs.
Used in Tollesbury Past by Keith Lovell, plate 77:
Outing from the Square. Members of the ...
Image ID DWS_161
26. Off to Church. Outside "Roosevelt" (now 87 East Street) at the top of Woodrolfe Road, a bride waits to board the carriage pulled by two fine horses to take her ...
Image ID MBK_TPT_011_001
27. Tollesbury Railway Station. The timetable on the station building is LNER.
Image ID RG050316