1. Home from yachting, Tollesbury. Postcard written 11 January 1916.
Date: Before 1916
Image ID CG12_115
2. Owners and Crew of yawl yacht WANDERER.
Owners: Messrs. Albert & William Brooks
Skipper: Alfred Redgewell of Tollesbury
Douglas Gurton says ...
Image ID CG6_205
3. Tollesbury Sailing Club - Brightlingsea Sailing Club arrive the same time as the Gooseberry Pie.
Walter Bibby and Charles Pewter holding the Gooseberry ...
Image ID DJG_PIE_013
4. DWYN WEN.
Back L-R 1. Christopher Elmer, 2., 3., 4. Daniel Clarke.
Middle row 1. Isaac Rice Junior (with 3 rings on sleeve), 2., 3. John ...
Image ID DWS_033
5. Robert Appleton Account book. 1908 - 1909.
[Robert] 3 Oct 1908 27 Mar 1909 fivefingers. Started yachting 29 Mar 1909.
[MAGNOLIA] 3 October 1908 - 27 ...
Date: 3 October 1908
Image ID DWS_APQ_007
6. Robert Appleton Account book.
28 May 1921 - 3 Aug 1924 wages etc.
27 Jun 1921 Salvage awards
1922 MORWEN II
3 Jan 1923 Prize ...
Date: 28 May 1921
Image ID DWS_APQ_021
7. Newspaper article When Woodrope Hard was a forest of spars. From Essex County Standard, 28 February 1969 - an article by Douglas J. Gurton.
Date: 28 February 1969
Image ID LIL_GUR_007
8. Mr Appleton, Yacht "Sunshine", Ryde, I.W.
Ernest Stephen Appleton sailed as Mate on the yacht SUNSHINE for four seasons in the years before WW1.
Date: 10 July 1910
Image ID PBIB_APP_008
9. Yacht WESTWIND - Ernest Appleton was the Mate.
Cutter WESTWIND 123306 Built Camper & Nicholson, Gosport, 1906 owner Percy Ashton, London [ LRY 1914 ...
Image ID PBIB_APP_014
10. Letter to Ernest Stephen Appleton from Thomas Belt, Newcastle, about yacht SAUNTERER. Ernest crewed on the yacht for many years and Thomas Belt was the owner.
Date: 11 March 1935
Image ID PBIB_APP_052
11. Letter to Ernest Stephen Appleton from Thomas Belt of Newcastle. Ernest was crew on yacht SAUNTERER and Thomas Belt was the owner.
Date: 13 October 1937
Image ID PBIB_APP_053
12. Captain Ernest appleton, Dalkieth, Tollsehunt D'arcy, Maldon. Posted Newcastle upon Tyne.
Date: 10 July 1944
Image ID PBIB_APP_054
13. Letter to Ernest Appleton from Violet Bowes saying.
"We have sold SAUNTERER to Major Kyle and feel it is the last we want to see of her again. It is sad for us ...
Date: 10 July 1944
Image ID PBIB_APP_055
14. Christmas Card [to Ernest Appleton] from Mr & Mrs Thomas Belt, Newcastle-on-Tyne. Ernest had crewed on the yacht SAUNTERER for the Belt family for many years.
Image ID PBIB_APP_057
15. The Aberdeen Line Triple S.S. DEMOSTHENES. She was built 1911 for the service to South Africa and Australia, and scrapped in 1931. 11,223 tons gross. Official ...
Image ID PBIB_APP_258
16. An interesting yacht in the Appleton family album.
May 2019 Dr Dominique Gabirault from Paris emailed:
I can help you to identify this ...
Image ID PBIB_APP_281
17. Yacht SUNSHINE R.V.Y.C. - an unidentified member of the crew.
Image ID PBIB_SH1_001
18. Yacht SUNSHINE R.V.Y.C. - an unidentified member of the crew.
Image ID PBIB_SH1_003
19. Thought to be Ernest Appleton, Jenny Bibby's grandfather, who was Mate on SUNSHINE.
Image ID PBIB_SH1_005
20. Tollesbury Sailing Club - newspaper report on Whitsun sailing.
Date: 9 June 1946
Image ID PBIB_TSC_001
21. FIREFLY rounds the home buoy. Tollesbury Sailing Club.
Date: cJune 1946
Image ID PBIB_TSC_003
22. DOODLEBUG and UGLY DUCKLING running close. Tollesbury Sailing Club.
Date: cJune 1946
Image ID PBIB_TSC_007
23. Peace Celebrations Race, Tollesbury Sailing Club, August Monday.
Date: August 1946
Image ID PBIB_TSC_009